Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. (496 Views)

Oil Prices Fall As U.S. Signals Possible Waivers On Iran Sanctions / Oil Prices Fall As OPEC Plans To End Cuts – Oilprice Intelligence Report / CBN Rules Out Naira Fall As External Reserves Hit $34bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. by Princefrankie1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
US stocks saw their largest losses since May on Thursday, as tensions mounted between North Korea and the US.

The Dow Jones fell 0.9% to 21,844.01 and S&P 500 fell 1.5% to 2,438.21.

The Nasdaq lost 2.1% to 6,216.87.

North Korea has announced plans to fire
missiles near the US territory of Guam.

North Korea claims it has missiles capable of reaching the US mainland, but its latest threat is against Guam, a much closer target.

The small island in the Pacific is home to an important strategic US airbase, US nuclear bombers and about 6,000 troops along with some 165,000 civilians. It's a US territory, so an attack on Guam would be an attack on the US.

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump has responded to the threat and intensified his rhetoric, saying North Korea should be "very, very nervous" if it does anything to the US.

He said that the US military is "locked and loaded" to deal with North Korea.

"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong-un will find another path!" he tweeted.

Source: http:// http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40887040

Re: US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. by immortalcrown(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
No champion forever!
Re: US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. by raker300: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Op stop lying.

USA stocks are fine

Re: US Stocks Fall As North Korea announces plan to attack. by Princefrankie1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
raker300:
Op stop lying.

USA stocks are fine

Lol. I should stop lying? Are my the news editor of BBC?

Na wa o. The news is posted here with a reliable source. If you doubt it, click the source to confirm.

Abi BBC don dey lie?

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Making Huge Fund From Short Code Buisiness. / London Remains No.1 World’s Financial Centre 2017, Dubai And J’borg Is 10 And 39 / I Have Been Importing For 4 Years But I Don't Hawk My Items - Learn My Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.