Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink (856 Views)

The North And The East Are The Ones Killing Nigeria / Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Ifedith(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
I'd like express my opinion on the idea that corruption is the sole cause of Nigerias woes. I'd like to point out first and foremost that there's no country on earth that's not corrupt. Corruption according to definition is a Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving many activities including bribery and embezzlement. From the above definition corruption isn't only centered on stealing which the average man usually associates with corruption, it entails alot of dishonest practices including bribery and embezzlement.
With a clearer understanding of what corruption is, I'd like to point out that there's no country that's not corrupt but they're making real progress that is impacting the life of the commoner, take for instance, India, China, USA, UK, etc, but take a look at Nigeria, how can you be fighting corruption and you slide into recession, to put this is perspective, take for instance that your bucket has leakages and of which everyone else's has leakages, and when you pour in water, it flows out(corruption)leaving you with little , but other people's buckets with leakages seems to get fuller than yours, you then proceeded to seal the leakage(which is buhari anti corruption war) and then when you pour in water, you now found nothing inside your bucket (recession). Now tell me, does that make sense? Solution is simple, pour alot of water(people centric policies) and seal as much as you can, other progressive nations know this cus they know that it's not possible to end corruption but they've realized that when poverty is reduced, corruption is also reduced significantly. In other words keep pouring alot of water while you continue to fix the bucket.
The summary of this topic us that fighting corruption shouldn't and can't be the only and sole objective of this administration, poverty and corruption go hand in hand. Buhari, there's poverty in the land, fix that while you fix corruption, cus currently you are not fighting corruption, cus if you were fighting corruption and reducing leakages there would have been plenty in the land.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by GMBuhari: 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
The people making the bucket leak should be shot

1 Like

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by ozome15(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ifedith:
I'd like express my opinion on the idea that corruption is the sole cause of Nigerias woes. I'd like to point out first and foremost that there's no country on earth that's not corrupt. Corruption according to definition is a Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving many activities including bribery and embezzlement. From the above definition corruption isn't only centered on stealing which the average man usually associates with corruption, it entails alot of dishonest practices including bribery and embezzlement.
With a clearer understanding of what corruption is, I'd like to point out that there's no country that's not corrupt but they're making real progress that is impacting the life of the commoner, take for instance, India, China, USA, UK, etc, but take a look at Nigeria, how can you be fighting corruption and you slide into recession, to put this is perspective, take for instance that your bucket has leakages and of which everyone else's has leakages, and when you pour in water, it flows out(corruption)leaving you with little , but other people's buckets with leakages seems to get fuller than yours, you then proceeded to seal the leakage(which is buhari anti corruption war) and then when you pour in water, you now found nothing inside your bucket (recession). Now tell me, does that make sense? Solution is simple, pour alot of water(people centric policies) and seal as much as you can, other progressive nations know this cus they know that it's not possible to end corruption but they've realized that when poverty is reduced, corruption is also reduced significantly. In other words keep pouring alot of water while you continue to fix the bucket.
The summary of this topic us that fighting corruption shouldn't and can't be the only and sole objective of this administration, poverty and corruption go hand in hand. Buhari, there's poverty in the land, fix that while you fix corruption, cus currently you are not fighting corruption, cus if you were fighting corruption and reducing leakages there would have been plenty in the land.
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
There's nothing to rethink.

Corruption is killing Nigeria. Period

1 Like

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nobody is fighting corruption my brother.

Buhari and his goons in the North feel like taking back their personal estate from NDELTANS in 2015. They did. Case closed.

Fast forward.........Abacha came back to power tru Buhari. A more wicked Abacha at that..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Pierocash(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Bro ur analogy about corruption is quite myopic and nauseating! The major problem of Nigeria is corruption. Yes other countries are corrupt but not as corrupt as Nigeria, what makes PMB anti corruption war difficult is the fact that Nigeria's kind of corruption is not only political but also societal.Political corruption is easier to deal with, but more difficult to deal with, is societal corruption. Corruption is everywhr in Nigeria, everywhr is stinking, frm civil service to security agencies, judiciary, education sector, religeous bodies, individuals.Evn our employment policies is corruption itself.
Until corruption is dealt with Societally, no amount of corruption war wil yield the desired result. The political class are products of the society, once this is taken care of then there wil be no corruption amongst the ruling class. On the issue of poverty been the cause of corruption i disagree, greed is the cause. Is Diezani Madueke poor? Mrs Ibru, Abacha etc? Our service chiefs like Amosun,Bade, Dasuki etc, are they poor?
U need good roads but somebody siphoned the money meant to give us good roads, stable power supply, standard education, good health care, modern infrastructure etc. Yet budgets upon budgets every year on this same things yet nothing on ground because some few persons cornered the funds and u say that is not Nigeria's problem. Then tell us what is the problem
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by greatermax77(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Corruption is not our problem bros,
Ethnicty/ tribalism is our major problem.
When ones regional interest supercedes national interest, it gives room to bending of corners, puting a square peg in a round hole.
This breeds corruption & these has been Nigeria 's problem.
U can not fight corruption without first fighting the monster that is killing the country, "ethnicism/ tribalism". Love conquers all, if we have love for ourselves & to our fatherland, corruption will drastically reduce

3 Likes

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Ifedith(m): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Pierocash:
Bro ur analogy about corruption is quite myopic and nauseating! The major problem of Nigeria is corruption. Yes other countries are corrupt but not as corrupt as Nigeria, what makes PMB anti corruption war difficult is the fact that Nigeria's kind of corruption is not only political but also societal.Political corruption is easier to deal with, but more difficult to deal with, is societal corruption. Corruption is everywhr in Nigeria, everywhr is stinking, frm civil service to security agencies, judiciary, education sector, religeous bodies, individuals.Evn our employment policies is corruption itself.
Until corruption is dealt with Societally, no amount of corruption war wil yield the desired result. The political class are products of the society, once this is taken care of then there wil be no corruption amongst the ruling class. On the issue of poverty been the cause of corruption i disagree, greed is the cause. Is Diezani Madueke poor? Mrs Ibru, Abacha etc? Our service chiefs like Amosun,Bade, Dasuki etc, are they poor?
U need good roads but somebody siphoned the money meant to give us good roads, stable power supply, standard education, good health care, modern infrastructure etc. Yet budgets upon budgets every year on this same things yet nothing on ground because some few persons cornered the funds and u say that is not Nigeria's problem. Then tell us what is the problem
Na be say the problem is more than corruption as against what pmb is making us to believe, which is same thing I'm saying
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Seguntimmy(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Corruption I think is the major prob, and it's everywhere my bloda, nt only in Politics, and it's really biting hard on Nigerians, only the LOOTERS doesn't feel concerned.
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
grin shocked grin

The chief problem in Nigeria is corruption and our inability to develop tactics void of sentiments in combating corruption. In otherwords, our inability to develop sane strategies to fight corruption without fear or favour fuels the problem of corruption.

The buhari people are applauding for his anti corruption campaign is not free from corruption.

His perpetual stay in London without considering possible resignation soonest is corruption.

The wastage of tax payers money on his medical vacation abroad is corruption.

The presidential jet in the London airport is gulping huge sum of money daily for space. Is that not corruption

Failure to deliver campaign promises, is that not corruption

1 Like

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by IgboSubmarine: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ifedith:

Very true

Absolutely true

Unfortunately, Afonja newspapers have fooled the people of Nigeria that corruption is the sole problem of Nigeria

How can Nigeria eliminate poverty which in turn will reduce corruption when we practice a Unitary government and economy

Restructure Nigeria and see corruption decline as a result of reduction in poverty

That is one of the reasons why Biafra must be resurrected to separate us from Afonjas who believe only corruption is the problem without tackling poverty which is a good fertilizer for corruption
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by omohayek: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
This has to be one of the least logical arguments I've ever seen on Nairaland. So corruption isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without corruption? How about saying "infant mortality isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without infant mortality", or "poverty isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without poverty"? By that "reasoning", Nigeria must be an earthly paradise, as there is no problem plaguing the country that doesn't exist in other places.

Newsflash to OP: there's this small thing called degree, and understanding its existence is essential in making judgements. Everybody must die someday, but that doesn't mean dying at 30 is no worse than dying at 85; similarly, corruption may exist in every country in the world, but it's ridiculous to pretend British or Danish or Japanese corruption is as bad as the Nigerian variety, where big thieves are routinely hailed as "heroes" by the very people from whom they have stolen so much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by IgboSubmarine: 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
omohayek:
This has to be one of the least logical arguments I've ever seen on Nairaland. So corruption isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without corruption? How about saying "infant mortality isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without infant mortality", or "poverty isn't a problem in Nigeria because no country is without poverty"? By that "reasoning", Nigeria must be an earthly paradise, as there is no problem plaguing the country that doesn't exist in other places.

Newsflash to OP: there's this small thing called degree, and understanding its existence is essential in making judgements. Everybody must die someday, but that doesn't mean dying at 30 is no worse than dying at 85; similarly, corruption make exist in every country in the world, but it's ridiculous to pretend British or Danish or Japanese corruption is as bad as the Nigerian variety, where big thieves are routinely hailed as "heroes" by the very people from whom they have stolen so much.

Answer this simple question below

If corruption exist in all countries, why is Nigeria not developed like those countries.?

Think deep

South Korea has been rocked by corruption scandal too
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by omohayek: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

Answer this simple question below

If corruption exist in all countries, why is Nigeria not developed like those countries.?

Think deep
This sort of nuclear-grade stupidity is just unbelievable! If you'd understood what I wrote, you wouldn't be posing such incoherent nonsense as a "question", so I see no point in wasting further effort trying to enlighten you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by IgboSubmarine: 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
omohayek:

This sort of nuclear-grade stupidity is just unbelievable! If you'd understood what I wrote, you wouldn't be posing such incoherent nonsense as a "question", so I see no point in wasting further effort trying to enlighten you.

Answer the question and stop beating around the bush

Are we the only country that has corrupt people.?

Why aren't we developing like others who have corrupt people. Example South Korea.?
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by mars123(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
you can never find a corrupt country that has a good leader. Blaming corruption for Nigerias woes is like blaming your penis for an unwanted pregnancy. Because you are in control of your destiny and so is the Nigerian president in control of Nigerias destiny. That is why they are always advised to put the most qualified people in most sensitive posts and not all these nepotism and quota bullcrap. And the leader too should have set goals for himself and a workable plan to achieving it.

Leadership is Nigerias major problem and not corruption. Corruption as well as unemployment, increasing poverty rates, poor healthcare, poor education etc are all symptoms of bad leadership. Leadership without vision, promise, sht is complicated.

This argument that corruption is the reason for Nigerias woes in not logical because what then do we now say about the leadership capacity under which the corruption is thriving?

1 Like

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Adminisher: 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
Corruption is 100% the main problem facing Nigeria. It is not structure. Almost all countries have bad political administrative structures but having the right people compensated for that. If you put Nigerians in Germany, they will run down that country in three months.
The solution is very simple. We hear it everyday but ignore it - DISCIPLINE, HARD WORK, INNOVATION, POSTPONEMENT OF GRATIFICATION, SELF CONTROL, CONTROL OF ENVY, FOLLOWING YOUR PASSION, et.c
Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by IgboSubmarine: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
mars123:
you can never find a corrupt country that has a good leader. Blaming corruption for Nigerias woes is like blaming your penis for an unwanted pregnancy. Because you are in control of your destiny and so is the Nigerian president in control of Nigerias destiny. That is why they are always advised to put the most qualified people in most sensitive posts and not all these nepotism and quota bullcrap. And the leader too should have set goals for himself and a workable plan to achieving it.

Leadership is Nigerias major problem and not corruption. Corruption as well as unemployment, increasing poverty rates, poor healthcare, poor education etc are all symptoms of bad leadership. Leadership without vision, promise, sht is complicated.

This argument that corruption is the reason for Nigerias woes in not logical because what then do we now say about the leadership capacity under which the corruption is thriving?

God bless you

South Korea was rocked in a corruption scandal and the President was sacked
because the people are not divided along ethnic or religious line

Buhari has not returned back but his Hausa Fulani people are defending him.? Is that not Ethnic sentiment defending corruption.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Thinks Corruption Is What Is Killing Nigeria Should Have A Rethink by Ifedith(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Adminisher:
Corruption is 100% the main problem facing Nigeria. It is not structure. Almost all countries have bad political administrative structures but having the right people compensated for that. If you put Nigerians in Germany, they will run down that country in three months.
The solution is very simple. We hear it everyday but ignore it - DISCIPLINE, HARD WORK, INNOVATION, POSTPONEMENT OF GRATIFICATION, SELF CONTROL, CONTROL OF ENVY, FOLLOWING YOUR PASSION, et.c
So germans are not corrupt, also chinese, also India, USA, UK, abi? Na only we corrupt na!Or na we lazy pass abi? Oga india and all these countries don dey move forward with their corruption, why we no fit even move one step forward? The one wey una dey call anti corruption don Carry us put inside recession, instead of saving us.

(1) (Reply)

Wike: High Tension No More, Political Fortunes Have Dwindled / FB User Criticises PMB For Relegating His Late Wife's Offsprings To "Second-clas / Just Like Biafra: 9 Independence Movements Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.