Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Anambra Guber: Group Absolves Obiano; Insists On Merit-based Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: Group Absolves Obiano; Insists On Merit-based Election (347 Views)

Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari / Peter Obi Demanded N7.5bn For Sponsoring My Election‎ – Obiano Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: Group Absolves Obiano; Insists On Merit-based Election by Spiritscience(m): 6:28am On Aug 12, 2017
Group absolves Obiano
...insists on merit-based election

By O'star Eze

A group of Igbo stakeholders drawn from various political parties, Igboezue group, has said that the sitting governor of Anambra State should be absolved of his inadequacies given he did not work for his present position while insisting on merit-based politics as against party-politics which they opined has been retarding Igbo land and Nigeria at large.

Speaking during a meeting held at Awka, Anambra State capital, the National president of the group, Maazi Pius Uchenna Okoye observed that most parties that say they are for the progress of Igbos have been discovered to work for their selfish interest alone.

Maazi Okoye said that the group seeks to identify and institute credible leaders who have love for Igbo people and clean antecedents adding that Godwin Chukwunaenye Ezeemo, PPA guber candidate meets the criteria.

He told Anambra people to learn from the mistake they made in Obiano who was not prepared for governor but was imposed on Anambra people and should therefore not be blamed for his failure.

"It is clear to us that Ezeemo has the fear of God and good conscience and is very passionate about Anambra people.

" I am from Anambra North like the governor but I will nor support evil because I come from the same senatorial zone with Obiano," he said.

Grace Anekwe, a woman leader in Anambra state recounting her experience in the North, said that Northerners do not make so much fuss about party like Igbos do.

She opined that leadership is not given but earned observing that party plays little or no role after elections and therefore does not deserve so much emphasis.

She also charged all governors to wait for people to ask for their reelection based on their perception of his performance instead of clamouring for it.

"Let the electorate beg you to return after four years; not the other way round. Let your works speak for you," she said.
[img][/img] www.anambracanbebetter. @theofficialgce

Re: Anambra Guber: Group Absolves Obiano; Insists On Merit-based Election by Kingsley1000(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
OBIANO IS A COLOSSAL MISTAKE...he is very fortunate to be in apga(anambra party) and obi left a viable state for him.....EZEMO GODWIN IS THE BEST MAN,ALAS,HE ISN'T POPULAR

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Youths Warn Against Linking Gov Dankwambo With Anti-buhari Protest / Lagos State Raises 85 Billion Naira In Issuance Of Infrastructure Bond / Opuoru Congratulates Okowa On PDP NCPC Headship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.