Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 (863 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Abacha, Maryam Abacha, Al-mustapha And Buhari In 1995 / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2010
There has been no global warming since 1995

Jonathan Petre
Mail Online
February 14, 201
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.
Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.
Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 8:09am On Feb 15, 2010
A few months ago, I brought this information to this forum, declaring that "global warming" and "climate change" was not man-made, and it was being masterminded by western countries to prevent and restrict the growth of developing countries. I was labelled a conspiracy theorist and anti-western individual. But I guess the truth is beginning to surface.
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by EzeUche(m): 8:16am On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

A few months ago, I brought this information to this forum, declaring that "global warming" and "climate change" was not man-made, and it was being masterminded by western countries to prevent and restrict the growth of developing countries. I was labelled a conspiracy theorist and anti-western individual. But I guess the truth is beginning to surface.

And you are still a conspiracy theorist! Climate Change is real and only a fool would deny that.
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 9:20am On Feb 15, 2010
@ezeuche

hmmm, here we go again!!!

Please could you explain how climate change is man-made?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by proo212(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2010
@EzeUche

Ofcourse Climate Change is real, the question is, is it man made like we are led to believe? There are people out there who will believe whatever Al Gore and the likes tell them.

The amount of propaganda being spewed out daily and the brainwashing of the younger ones; Green is now the new religion :-) It is a scam and many many people are beginning to realise it. The question is will they let up and lick their wounds or will they keep going on about it. The sad fact is that the leaders of the biggest economies are part of this. The IPCC is no longer held in the same regard because the 2007 report is full of holes.

A report just found that a lot weather monitoring stations around the world that are supposed to be capturing data are situated near heat emitting devices, behind air conditioning equipment or airport runways. All these reports are coming out day by day. grin

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/19380
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by Cyberfreak(f): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2010
I know of their 'global warming' lie. I found the news in this link a bit amusing.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5glfuDuvBfTb9gBKCKCtD8UGAIfMw
grin if that is not a fake a*se propaganda to get people to believe in their global warming then I don't know what it is.
I mean common. Osama bn Laden? Advocating for a greener earth?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2010
@ezeuche

I am still waiting for your proof that climate change is man-made?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
@proo212

Climate change isnt man-made as we have been made to believe. The sun is the singular most important factor responsible for climate change, not CO2 or greenhouse gases which accounts for less than 20% of atmospheric gases

Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by texazzpete(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

The fact that the US has not been too keen in the past to cut down on sources of greenhouse gases should show you that your theory of 'western nations' is pretty flawed.

I always find it funny when you constantly insist that you aren't a conspiracy theorist. The lies of one man does not mean that there is no genuine threat of global warming. And why the burning need to turn climategAte into the failings ofseveral nations, instead of the sins of a few scientists?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
The fact that the US has not been too keen in the past to cut down on sources of greenhouse gases should show you that your theory of 'western nations' is pretty flawed.

I always find it funny when you constantly insist that you aren't a conspiracy theorist. The lies of one man does not mean that there is no genuine threat of global warming. And why the burning need to turn climategAte into the failings ofseveral nations, instead of the sins of a few scientists?

@texapette

A few scientist?

for your information 30,000 scientist sued both the IPCC and al gore over this issue

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337710,00.html
http://www.puppetgov.com/2009/07/09/weather-channel-founder-and-over-30000-scientists-sue-al-gore-for-fraud/
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by ElRazur: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

How does this remove the tag of a conspiracy theorist on you? Majority of your thread are about how the powers of the world are always up to no good and it makes you feel special to think you are a non-conformist with the view held by many isnt? If you ask me, those are hall marks of a classical conspiracy theorist. But, again, carry on. This place will be boring without your *Factions.

*A droplet of fact mixed thing 10 buckets of fiction.

In reply to your original post, I will suggest you read up on it again. The truth of the matter is no one really knows. There are evidence suggesting that it may be man-made and there appears to be evidence to the contrary. For example, the Green house effect is a very good example of how it may be possibly man-made [deforestation springs to mind]. Yet on the other hand, the lack of enough data since the birth of the planet will suggest that we really do not know if this is man-made or not. [other reasons are cited, but am keeping it simple]. In the mean time, if you want to feel special by going against all common sense, please don't let me get in the way. smiley

How this have anything to do with the Western world or powers of the world is beyond me.
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
How does this remove the tag of a conspiracy theorist on you? Majority of your thread are about how the powers of the world are always up to no good and it makes you feel special to think you are a non-conformist with the view held by many isnt? If you ask me, those are hall marks of a classical conspiracy theorist. But, again, carry on. This place will be boring without your *Factions.

*A droplet of fact mixed thing 10 buckets of fiction.

In reply to your original post, I will suggest you read up on it again. The truth of the matter is no one really knows. There are evidence suggesting that it may be man-made and there appears to be evidence to the contrary. For example, the Green house effect is a very good example of how it may be possibly man-made [deforestation springs to mind]. Yet on the other hand, the lack of enough data since the birth of the planet will suggest that we really do not know if this is man-made or not. [other reasons are cited, but am keeping it simple]. In the mean time, if you want to feel special by going against all common sense, please don't let me get in the way.

How this have anything to do with the Western world or powers of the world is beyond me.

@elrazur
I think a conspiracy theorist is one who comes up with information without the facts to back it up. On the other hand, in addition to the information I provide on this forum, I always back it up with facts. For example in the link I provided http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html It showed that scientist in charge of CRU at the UN, did not have sufficent data to back up their claim that global warming is man-made.

Subsequently I provided a chart with showed that the climate has been cooling since the early 2000's. I dont why it is diffcult to comprehend despite that fact the proof is used to back up the claim.

and to your final statement

How this have anything to do with the Western world or powers of the world is beyond me

What do you would happen to developing countries(including nigeria) if the proposal at the copahengen summit is duly implemented?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by ElRazur: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

@elrazur
I think a conspiracy theorist is one who comes up with information without the facts to back it up. On the other hand, in addition to the information I provide on this forum, I always back it up with facts. For example in the link I provided  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html  It showed that scientist in charge of CRU at the UN, did not have sufficent data to back up their claim that global warming is man-made.

Subsequently I provided a chart with showed that the climate has been cooling since the early 2000's. I dont why it is diffcult to comprehend despite that fact the proof is used to back up the claim.

No. You sir are the definition of a Conspiracy theorist. I suppose it is coincidence that your "enlightened" thread seem to have issues with Western world?

What do you call facts? Like I said, you post nothing but factions [a bit of fact mixed with massive lies]. The daily-mail is not the most non-biased source in the UK. Go and check out their head lines and news stories on immigration in the UK. They do nothing but misreport issues or approach it from a sensational point of journalism.

A chart is nothing but a diagram. Anyone can put that together to give credibility. Jeez.

I have told you before, no one really knows. Having said that, there are points on both sides to suggest it may be man-made or nature taking its course. To just starting claiming anything else is just absurd.

What do you would happen to developing countries(including nigeria) if the proposal at the copahengen summit  is duly implemented?

Again, this have nothing to do with the western world. You really do not know how to debate or present your point I think. Your original point was that it is all a "plan" by western world to stop poorer nations etc from growing or something along those lines. Yet, you ignore people like China, India etc Surely this people are not western world or are they?

Look, it is all well and good for anyone to think something in their head, but it do not necessarily make it a fact or a good point to debate on in a public forum.

Here, drop your need to blame the western world from earthquake in haiti, down to Yar'dua's illness and perhaps you may be able to debate better and people take you serious? Just a thought. But I guess the thought of going against a widely held views is good fun for you.
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
No. You sir are the definition of a Conspiracy theorist. I suppose it is coincidence that your "enlightened" thread seem to have issues with Western world?

What do you call facts? Like I said, you post nothing but factions [a bit of fact mixed with massive lies]. The daily-mail is not the most non-biased source in the UK. Go and check out their head lines and news stories on immigration in the UK. They do nothing but misreport issues or approach it from a sensational point of journalism.

A chart is nothing but a diagram. Anyone can put that together to give credibility. Jeez.

I have told you before, no one really knows. Having said that, there are points on both sides to suggest it may be man-made or nature taking its course. To just starting claiming anything else is just absurd.

What do you would happen to developing countries(including nigeria) if the proposal at the copahengen summit is duly implemented?

Again, this have nothing to do with the western world. You really do not know how to debate or present your point I think. Your original point was that it is all a "plan" by western world to stop poorer nations etc from growing or something along those lines. Yet, you ignore people like China, India etc Surely this people are not western world or are they?

Look, it is all well and good for anyone to think something in their head, but it do not necessarily make it a fact or a good point to debate on in a public forum.

Here, drop your need to blame the western world from earthquake in haiti, down to Yar'dua's illness and perhaps you may be able to debate better and people take you serious? Just a thought. But I guess the thought of going against a widely held views is good fun for you.

@elrazur

This is a clear case of character assassination, you are yet to come up with evidence to back up your claim. This is a clear case of denial, and it really beats my imagination. Judging by your comments you seem to be neither here nor there, and that my friend are the hallmarks of someone who doesnt really have "indepth" knowledge of the subject matter. You should strive to take your stands on issues whether its pro or against, it gives your critics an idea of your stands. However, I understand the fact that u may not be able to see my view point, everybody has different views on different issues.

Now back to your claim that the daily mail is not a credible source of information, what about the following

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/sppi_monthly_co2_report_july.html

http://www.ireport.com%252Fdocs%252FDOC-380884&h=28183ff8fda674d5cbd01f0d5a6692ba&ref=share

and to your final comments, what do you think were the stands of china and india during the copahengen summit? I need you to answer this question!!!

Please, lets try and keep the debate civil. Character assassination is not in our best interest. I trust you will understand
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by ElRazur: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

@elrazur

This is a clear case of character assassination, you are yet to come up with  evidence to back up your claim. This is a clear case of denial, and it really beats my imagination. Judging by your comments you seem to be neither here nor there, and that my friend are the hallmarks of someone who doesnt really have "indepth" knowledge of the subject matter. You should strive to take your stands on issues whether its pro or against, it gives your critics an idea of your stands. However, I understand the fact that u may not be able to see my view point, everybody has different views on different issues.

If you mean I am calling it as it is, then yeah assassination I guess. Bottom line is that my observation about your thread and how it seem to be inside the territory of a conspiracy theorist is bang on target. I suppose you need me to post links of thread where you have twisted facts to back up and present an idea you back up? Haiti and the US responsibility comes to mind.

Now back to your claim that the daily mail is not a credible source of information, what about the following

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/sppi_monthly_co2_report_july.html

http://www.ireport.com%252Fdocs%252FDOC-380884&h=28183ff8fda674d5cbd01f0d5a6692ba&ref=share

and to your final comments, what do you think were  the stands of china and india during the copahengen summit? I need you to answer this question!!!

Please, lets try and keep the debate civil. Character assassination is not in our best interest. I trust you will understand

Again hallmarks of someone who will twist issues at hand. My gripe is that your original statement in regards to how the Western world is behind this global warming and climate change malarkey is just inaccurate. Reason? I have stated that there are argument on both sides i.e to suggest it is man-made. I cited the greenhouse effects as one prominent example that appears to back this up. Then on the other hand, I stated that there are probably not enough data to paint a complete picture. These are statement of facts. To present one as a fact over the other is false. I think that is the point I have made to you and you seem to not understand this.

Also while your statements suggested that it is all a conspiracy by the western world, I merely asked you about other nations who are outputting all sort of Green house gases or are the most polluting such as China, India etc. These nation clearly do not fall into definition of "Western world" like you are suggesting. I noted this have gone unanswered and instead like most conspiracy theorist would do, you try to twist the point and ask me about Copenhagen [which is not what I am talking about].

Just to summarise it all. Your original statement is inaccurate. I already gave reasons as to why they are so.
Your constant dig at Western nations about what you perceived as some "master plan" tags you firmly as a conspiracy theorist.
Finally, when it comes to global warming and climate change, there are very good argument from both camps i.e those who think it is man made or just nature. None of these arguments are better than the other and there is no single proof that it is all a plan by the western world like you claimed.
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
@elrazur

This is a clear case of character assassination, you are yet to come up with evidence to back up your claim. This is a clear case of denial, and it really beats my imagination. Judging by your comments you seem to be neither here nor there, and that my friend are the hallmarks of someone who doesnt really have "indepth" knowledge of the subject matter. You should strive to take your stands on issues whether its pro or against, it gives your critics an idea of your stands. However, I understand the fact that u may not be able to see my view point, everybody has different views on different issues.

If you mean I am calling it as it is, then yeah assassination I guess. Bottom line is that my observation about your thread and how it seem to be inside the territory of a conspiracy theorist is bang on target. I suppose you need me to post links of thread where you have twisted facts to back up and present an idea you back up? Haiti and the US responsibility comes to mind.

and to your final comments, what do you think were the stands of china and india during the copahengen summit? I need you to answer this question!!!

Again hallmarks of someone who will twist issues at hand. My gripe is that your original statement in regards to how the Western world is behind this global warming and climate change malarkey is just inaccurate. Reason? I have stated that there are argument on both sides i.e to suggest it is man-made. I cited the greenhouse effects as one prominent example that appears to back this up. Then on the other hand, I stated that there are probably not enough data to paint a complete picture. These are statement of facts. To present one as a fact over the other is false. I think that is the point I have made to you and you seem to not understand this.

Also while your statements suggested that it is all a conspiracy by the western world, I merely asked you about other nations who are outputting all sort of Green house gases or are the most polluting such as China, India etc. These nation clearly do not fall into definition of "Western world" like you are suggesting. I noted this have gone unanswered and instead like most conspiracy theorist would do, you try to twist the point and ask me about Copenhagen [which is not what I am talking about].

Just to summarise it all. Your original statement is inaccurate. I already gave reasons as to why they are so.
Your constant dig at Western nations about what you perceived as some "master plan" tags you firmly as a conspiracy theorist.
Finally, when it comes to global warming and climate change, there are very good argument from both camps i.e those who think it is man made or just nature. None of these arguments are better than the other and there is no single proof that it is all a plan by the western world like you claimed.

I never suggested china and india were western countries, check my previous post for clarification!!!, Its obvious you dont know the stands they took at the summit.

if you mean I am calling it as it is, then yeah assassination I guess. Bottom line is that my observation about your thread and how it seem to be inside the territory of a conspiracy theorist is bang on target. I suppose you need me to post links of thread where you have twisted facts to back up and present an idea you back up? Haiti and the US responsibility comes to mind

why would you result to character assassination? Its a cheap way to get attention, last time I checked issues are made to tackled and not the character of an individual. I have never attacked your character and dont intend to do so. We are civilised, lets act like one. Lets focus on the issue here

[quote][/quote]

you really think so?

maybe you should watch this clip

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443&ei=VLB5S7eVCZnC-Qb62dDZBw&q=the+great+global+warming+swindle&hl=en#

The difference between us, is that I provide proof to back up my claim, but u simply attack my character!!!
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by ElRazur: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2010
pcmecom:

I never suggested china and india were western countries, check my previous post for clarification!!!, Its obvious you dont know the stands they took at the summit.

I suggest you read your original post and the subsequent replies I made. You stated it was a conspiracy by western world to prevent or restrict the growth of other nations. I gave you examples of nations that are not western, are developed and amongst those considered as the biggest polluter. That ineffectively showed up and highlighted the flaws in your original point.

why would you result to character assassination? Its a cheap way to get attention, last time I checked issues are made to tackled and not the character of an individual. I have never attacked your character and dont intend to do so. We are civilised, lets act like one. Lets focus on the issue here

I am basing my post on what I see you post. Like I said, I am calling it as it is. You are the one stage and am telling you how are you are acting.

you really think so?

maybe you should watch this clip

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443&ei=VLB5S7eVCZnC-Qb62dDZBw&q=the+great+global+warming+swindle&hl=en#

Again you are not understanding me. I already stated there are good point from both sides. Unlike you, I refuse to take one over the other. Do you not understand this? This is the third time I am saying the same thing now.

The difference between us, is that I provide proof to back up my claim, but u simply attack my character!!!

Refer back to above. My point is to highlight your inaccuracies. Something you are yet to acknowledge. I am not about to debate which evidence as per climate change or global warming is real as both sides have enough evidence and data to argue back and fourth till Jesus come back. Something you do not appear to understand again.

Do you acknowledge that your original post is inaccurate as I have pointed with enough reasons?
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by pcmecom(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
@elrazur

Try and stick to the issues
Re: There Has Been No Global Warming Since 1995 by ElRazur: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2010
I am sticking to the issues at hand. You have posted an inaccurate information - all in the purpose of showing your anti-west views - yet when this informations are pointed out to you, you refuse to acknowledge that (a) your information is wrong and (b) No one side of the argument is worth taking over the other. How that is not sticking to issues at hand is beyond me.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo: Mimiko Moves To Create 100,000 Jobs / Another Comedy: 2 Women Fight And strip Over Seat At Summit! / 4 Nigerians Arrested In Benin After Kidnapping Lebanese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.