Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy (20774 Views)

Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles / We Love Food & Nutrition: Eat What You Love & Lose Weight | Delaruetv / How To Eat Indomie And Plantain And Still Be Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Opinionated: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2017
There is no denying that a majority of Nigerians, especially the female folks, are obsessed with losing weight, keeping fit and dieting. On Instagram, as well as other social media platforms, you will find pictures, videos, and posts showing their efforts and their journey. A majority of these posts show the kind of food they eat to stay healthy and usually, and if you read the comments, you realize that most times, these food types are not what they really want to consume.

The truth is, there are ways to eat what you desire and still be healthy. You do not necessarily have to starve yourself of certain meals or suffer the major inconvenience that comes with having to prepare a healthy home-cooked meal before going off to work rather than just grabbing a fries on your way. Luckily, with the tips below, Jumia Travel, Africa’s No.1 online hotel booking portal reveals that eating right does not have suck.

Eat small portions

You can eat almost anything you desire that augurs well with your body and stay healthy by ensuring you ration your intake. Do not eat more than you need to; stick to small portions. Again, always look at the nutrition info for the amount you actually should take per serving, although, what is sometimes considered a single serving on a nutrition label is not always what a reasonable person would eat in one sitting.

Eat Slowly

Sometimes you find yourself eating too quickly and then consuming more than your body needs. Eating too quickly basically keeps you from hearing satiety signals from the brain and cause overeating which is surely unhealthy. Again, you do not actually taste and enjoy your food when you’re rushing it; slowing down helps you savor it all.

Stay away from processed foods

Processed foods seem to be an easy option, but to stay healthy; you may want to make your version of the food yourself. For instance, rather than buy a bottled dressing, you can easily make it yourself. Avoiding processed foods ensures you avoid ingredients that may not be healthy for you. If however you must buy already processed food, look for products with fewer ingredients, as the fewer ingredients an item has, the less processed it is.

Eat a decent ratio of fiber to carbs

In as much as you want to eat what you want, try to make sure you keep a decent ratio of fiber to carbohydrates. Carbs are the major culprit when it comes to “unhealthy” eating, however, fiber has a way of offsetting its effect on the body. Fiber helps you feel fuller and slow the absorption of sugar, helping to regulate your blood sugar, and so to make sure that you are getting a relatively balanced meal, despite your choice of food, have a ratio of carbs to fiber no greater than 10 to 1.

Don’t eat alone

Eating with people is a sure way to get the motivation you need to eat healthily. Also, when you are with people, you hardly eat too much or more than you need to. You could invite people to eat with you in your home or go out with you to a restaurant.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-eat-want-still-healthy/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by pilarnig(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2017
FTC
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by lawrenzi(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2017
My lovely sister is plus one today. Wishing Augustina grace for extra ordinary exploit.

25 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by aku626(m): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Give thanks for the food?
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by IYIMAN: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by mamatayour(f): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Eat eat eat grin don't eat alone for this recession?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by GdexFolami(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2017
If you'll b fat ,if u like don't eat again ...you'll still b fat .I have friends that eat as Bleep but are still fucking slim .

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by fineyemi(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Take just 5 spoon of food and u are satisfied
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by swiz123(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Dumba088(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2017
K
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by seunmohmoh(f): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2017
dont eat alone kwa
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Spidermon: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2017
My personal approach is to soak garri once a day to balance out any nutitional fibre deficiency since garri is 45% fibre.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by WebSurfer(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2017
Nothing about eating at the right time? Joke thread

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Reference(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2017
Since my military days eating slowly has been a list art. Dining is no more an event, just a necessity so how can I cultivate the time to eat natural foods constantly. My philosophy is simple. Balance what goes in with what goes out so I eat what I want in what quantities I want knowing that I can handle it because my daily activities are highly physical being a field person.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2017
Do you know that if Glo sponsored NYSC..there won't be service? grin

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/

Listen to my dope rap freestyle at
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by spartoo: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2017
The tips up there won't always work.
Best advice is..

Eat whatever you want in whatever proportion you desire but workout regularly.

Recommended workouts are high activity ones like road runs, at least 15km every week.

Visit thebraveminds..com for more

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Chubhie: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2017
I like good homemade food. I eat as I like and also do the time-exercise.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Chubhie: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2017
spartoo:
The tips up there won't always work.
Best advice is..

Eat whatever you want in whatever proportion you desire but workout regularly.

Recommended workouts are high activity ones like road runs, at least 15km every week.

Visit the braveminds..com for more

True. 4:30-5:30am jogging works for me.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by jericco1(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2017
Some people, even though, they eat little, will implode.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by walezon(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
So u dey tell me say if my coveteous cousin wanna come now I should eat slowly so that he's gonna collect it from me?

Moreso, if u eat slowly, the food becomes cold!
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by omaolowo(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chubhie:

Jogging at 4.30 am? Really?
I just cannot imagine! With all the attendant dangers - both real and imagined!

Abeg, you are on your on (OYO) o

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Chubhie: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
omaolowo:

Jogging at 4.30 am? Really?
I just cannot imagine! With all the attendant dangers - both real and imagined!

Abeg, you are on your on (OYO) o
The part of village wey I dey looks safe. When I dey naija then I used to ring a bell and drag all female out for jogging but it's by 5am. In time more people in the street joined.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by spartoo: 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chubhie:

Usually, i leave by 5:30am but when I want to take part in a competition then I leave earlier

I up my distance every week
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Sagay212: 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
This things are not easy walahi. Don't eat this, don't eat that. This life self get as e be. Person wey get money go still need to watch wetin him go chop.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chubhie:
Imagine 4:30am Come Try Am For Lagos Streets Now!!!
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Segadem(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by spartoo: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
franzeezco:

I stay in Lagos, iyana ipaja precisely and I do 4:30am jogs too.
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
spartoo:

I stay in Lagos, iyana ipaja precisely and I do 4:30am jogs too.

E be like say You get Juju for body abi You no hear the underground stuff wey dey go on for Lagos!!! Na OYO You Dey Ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by catwalq(f): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
franzeezco:

My sis and I do 4:30am too, we come back by 5:30 so that She can prepare for work. No need adding because of traffic in Lagos..
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by Chubhie: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
spartoo:

Usually, i leave by 5:30am but when I want to take part in a competition then I leave earlier

I up my distance every week
You into track and field or soccer?
Re: 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy by UjSizzle(f): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
Protein + Fat + Carbs (low) + HIIT = weight loss.

Calculate your macronutrients and eat only as much calories as your body needs. This way you don't starve yourself to weight loss and you stay healthy.

Personally, I eat healthy 6 times a week and enjoy one cheat day when I eat whatever I want (ice cream!)
Workout at least 3 times a week. Keep an apple or two close to avoid buying sweets.

Simple lifestyle changes will impact greatly on your health.
Switch white bread for whole wheat.
Take green tea daily (lipton green tea is good without the acrid aftertaste.)
Eat fruits and always substitute your rolls/sweet for an apple.
Drink cold water instead of soda. If you hate water, take zobo instead.
Leave the bike and take a walk to the bus stop instead.
Climb the pedestrian bridge instead of crossing the road grin

If you're going on a low carb diet, eat complex carbohydrates.
Wheat great.
Oat meal.
Sweet potatoes.
Beans.
You'll stay fuller for longer.

Most importantly, maintain an active lifestyle.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Show Your Christmas✨ Cooking & What Meat You Are Using ✌️ / Check Out How I Made These Delicious Shortcakes. (In pictures) / Peak Launches New Peak “Mini” Evap Packs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.