Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Tips To Choose Domain Name For Your Website/business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tips To Choose Domain Name For Your Website/business (313 Views)

Download The Complete Wordpress Website Business Tutorial Free / Get The Most Responsive Website, Business Website, School, NGO And Lot More / How To Choose Domain Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Choose Domain Name For Your Website/business by marshaldigital(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2017
A Domain name can be referred to the name used to find a webpage or website on the internet. It also gives a hint of what a website does or the purpose of a website and because of that, a domain name can also be described as the unique name or address pointing to a website.

For a business to exist online, it must have a domain name which may be related to the business because with the aid of a domain name, the business can be easily be found. A domain name is very essential for any business to be successful online.

Also note that for a business to be successful on the internet, it must have a good domain name structure which have the capacity to bring visitors to the website. A good name possesses some unique qualities and features which I am about to discuss with you now. Before you choose a name for your website, I will like you to take note of the following.

Tips To Choose A Good Domain Name

1. Consider your business name or website niche

Your domain name should describe your business or the class your website niche fall into. For instance, if you want to set up a domain name for a store that sells clothes, it is ideal to choose a domain name that is related to fashion or the name of the business if it already exist.

If you are a blogger and you want to set up a technology blog, your domain name should have at least a keyword of technology niche.

Having a keyword of your website niche doesn’t mean you must spell out the word technology but you can still use something like www dot techworld dot com and this will tell your visitors that your blog is talking about technology and will help them come back again to visit your website and it will also help the visibility of your website on the search engines.

2. Avoid lengthy domain name

I think this was the greatest mistake I made in the year 2012 when I created my first blog and a forum. As at then, because I was learning how to carry out keywords rules and then I over used it.

What am I talking about here, what I did then was that I got a domain name that was 16 letter words and had 3 keywords joined together.

Do you know what happened when a visitor come to the site?

They browse through the site and do call me for help but when I tell them that the information they are asking me of have been posted, they do ask me to give them the url of the website again.

See more tips here ==> http://www.blogabiz.com/choose-good-domain-name/

(1) (Reply)

Business To Web Digital Marketing And Branding Seminar. / Itunes Gift Card / A Review Of 4 Popular Joomla SEO Extensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.