Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Timi's Garage, Ibadan. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Timi's Garage, Ibadan. (20767 Views)

Oyinbo Woman Finds Massive Python In Her Car Garage(graphic Video) / Inside Olu Okeowo's ₦2b Garage That Includes Rolls-Royces,Bentleys & M-benz / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by LeJeun3: 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
timifakay:

I really can't say as all I was told was that it belongs to the army and has been abandoned for some time.

More info will be appreciated....

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 2:05am On Oct 29, 2017
LeJeun3:

More info will be appreciated....

Okay, I'll make more enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Gear lever was moving (not as hard as usual) but no change to selected gear.
Turned out the bush/packing between lever stud and gear selector cable was broken...

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:
Gear lever was moving (not as hard as usual) but no change to selected gear.
Turned out the bush/packing between lever stud and gear selector cable was broken...
I need you to help inspect a 2002 pathfinder at samonda. Can you?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
NgcoboP:

I need you to help inspect a 2002 pathfinder at samonda. Can you?

Pre-purchase inspection?
There's a cost attached.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:

Pre-purchase inspection?
There's a cost attached.
And you will give a warranty based upon your evaluation.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
NgcoboP:

And you will give a warranty based upon your evaluation.
LMAO. Who am I to give a warranty?
I will only tell you things I see on the vehicle.
Even the manufacturer won't give warranty on a 15 year old product.

3 Likes

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by yhemster(m): 5:12am On Nov 14, 2017
Bros, how much to refill Refrigerant for 03 AudiA4. I had an engine repair and the mechanic said he had to disposed the gas in the car. What class of refrigerant is recommended for the car?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2017
yhemster:
Bros, how much to refill Refrigerant for 03 AudiA4. I had an engine repair and the mechanic said he had to disposed the gas in the car. What class of refrigerant is recommended for the car?
Refrigerant - R134a
Cost contact the number on my signature.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 12:34am On Nov 24, 2017
A

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by ricki: 5:29am On Nov 24, 2017
I called you one time and you said u no dey shop (for like several dayz) grin what was dat all about?

Na me and one boy do the job ourselves.... na wa o
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by banky3w(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
Timi Abeg, I'm about to acquire a Honda accord 2005 V6 from a very good friend in ibadan and I saw that the SRS airbag light is showing on the dashboard permanently. Can you actually scan it for me? Then, I don't know if you can get me the price quotes of the following items for the same car. Original wiper blades, bonnet hanger(hydraulic) and probably thermostat because the fan is connected directly and then the recommended coolant for the car because water is currently used as coolant. Then I have to refill the AC gas.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
banky3w:
Timi Abeg, I'm about to acquire a Honda accord 2005 V6 from a very good friend in ibadan and I saw that the SRS airbag light is showing on the dashboard permanently. Can you actually scan it for me? Then, I don't know if you can get me the price quotes of the following items for the same car. Original wiper blades, bonnet hanger(hydraulic) and probably thermostat because the fan is connected directly and then the recommended coolant for the car because water is currently used as coolant. Then I have to refill the AC gas.
Top priority should be Transmission because it fails like no man's business.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
timifakay:

Top priority should be Transmission because it fails like no man's business.

thank u

2 Likes

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by DreCharles(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hello sir

Pls what is the effect of changing from 20w50 engine oil specs to 5w30 engine oil specs on a high mileage (170k plus) vehicle?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
DreCharles:
Hello sir

Pls what is the effect of changing from 20w50 engine oil specs to 5w30 engine oil specs on a high mileage (170k plus) vehicle?

HI. It depends on presence or absence of sludge.
If sludge is present, vehicle will start smoking, if absent it will be like nothing ever happened.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by DreCharles(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
timifakay:

HI. It depends on presence or absence of sludge.
If sludge is present, vehicle will start smoking, if absent it will be like nothing ever happened.
Engine has thick black mixture residue in the oil intake compartment. Is that evidence of sludge?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2017
DreCharles:
Engine has thick black mixture residue in the oil intake compartment. Is that evidence of sludge?

Please post a picture of what you are talking about and the inner part of oil cap.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by DreCharles(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2017
timifakay:

Please post a picture of what you are talking about and the inner part of oil cap.
OK sir
Here it is

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by DreCharles(m): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2017
timifakay:

Oil filler cap

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
DreCharles:
Oil filler cap

Just continue with the 20w50.

4 Likes

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by DreCharles(m): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
timifakay:

. Okay
Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
timifakay:

Smiles.

1 Like

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
DreCharles:
Hello sir

Flush and switch. With paraffin.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
badebillions:

Flush and switch. With paraffin.

You do realise that is a 1MZ engine, right?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 25, 2017
educate me sir
timifakay:

You do realise that is a 1MZ engine, right?
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
HAV6

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by banky3w(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
timifakay:
HAV6
Hi timi, you said I can switch to 5w20 on this car right? I have small gist for you on how my journey went anyway.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 6:08am On Jan 07, 2018
banky3w:

Hi timi, you said I can switch to 5w20 on this car right? I have small gist for you on how my journey went anyway.

Sounds like you want to blame me for some thing that went wrong after the switch.
Yea, but monitor closely for shortage.
Hope no issues while travelling sha. I'm all ears.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by banky3w(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2018
timifakay:

Sounds like you want to blame me for some thing that went wrong after the switch.
Yea, but monitor closely for shortage.
Hope no issues while travelling sha. I'm all ears.
Hahahaha..... No oh. I've not switched yet. Just so you know, you're a bloody demeanour grin. On the gear levels, I think the oil level is really disturbing the car, experience was scary. When accelerating to around 4000rpm on rough or uneven roads or hill or slope, the D(drive) light/indicator on the dash goes out for like 2-3 secs and the car revs up a little as if the gear was not engaged while it propels with half the expected power/movement of the gear (please pardon my English). If by this time, you still keep your foot on the gas pedal, the D light comes back (after the 2-3 secs) with either the battery light or parking brake light illuminating briefly before everything normalises., but if you keep off the gas pedal during the time the light goes off, it comes back without no hassle. Then on two instances, the car shuts off while the D light is off and I'll have to shift to neutral then restart the car and the 'check engine' light comes on. The check engine light disappears if I start up the car after the engine is off maybe after refuelling or whatever. Note, engine oil is over gauged and so is the gear oil. This is what I faced on my journey from ibadan to Kaduna. I'm thinking of reducing the gearbox oil or changing it. What do you think please?
Cc Gazzuzz, kingreign.
Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2018
banky3w:

Hahahaha..... No oh. I've not switched yet. Just so you know, you're a bloody demeanour grin. On the gear levels, I think the oil level is really disturbing the car, experience was scary. When accelerating to around 4000rpm on rough or uneven roads or hill or slope, the D(drive) light/indicator on the dash goes out for like 2-3 secs and the car revs up a little as if the gear was not engaged while it propels with half the expected power/movement of the gear (please pardon my English). If by this time, you still keep your foot on the gas pedal, the D light comes back (after the 2-3 secs) with either the battery light or parking brake light illuminating briefly before everything normalises., but if you keep off the gas pedal during the time the light goes off, it comes back without no hassle. Then on two instances, the car shuts off while the D light is off and I'll have to shift to neutral then restart the car and the 'check engine' light comes on. The check engine light disappears if I start up the car after the engine is off maybe after refuelling or whatever. Note, engine oil is over gauged and so is the gear oil. This is what I faced on my journey from ibadan to Kaduna. I'm thinking of reducing the gearbox oil or changing it. What do you think please?
Cc Gazzu.zz, kingreign.

in ikennas words, you created your own reality grin

I cant epp you go and scan

1 Like

Re: Timi's Garage, Ibadan. by timifakay(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
banky3w:

Cc Gazzuzz, kingreign.

You should have brought both fluids to required level before embarking on the journey.
Do so asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / Truck Kills 2, Injures Scores In Abuja (PHOTO) / Hennessey's Venom F5 Hypercar Could Break The 300 Mph Barrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.