Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment (4304 Views)

Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power / N1 Million Investment Business In Lagos That Can Bring Huge Profits / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Blue3k(m): 6:20am On Aug 14, 2017
The New Nigeria Development Company, NNDC, says it will invest $15 million through a partnership with a Turkish firm to reactivate the collapsed Kaduna Textile company.

The Group Managing Director, Ahmed Musa, said this to journalists shortly after a closed-door meeting with the Turkish business delegation at the NNDC’s head office in Kaduna.

The delegation had earlier inspected the site of the firm and the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria, both at the Kakuri Industrial Layout in Kaduna.

The GMD said the NNDC and the Turkish firm, Sur International Textile, would invest the amount in revitalising the Kaduna Textile.

According to the proposal, the Turkish firm will provide 35 per cent of the amount, the federal government 45 per cent and KTL will give 20 per cent of the funds.

Mr. Musa said in a short term, the KTL would produce uniform needs for the Nigerian Armed Forces as well as the police and other paramilitary agencies in the country, and across the West Africa sub-region.

He said revamping the KTL would boost the economy of Kaduna state and create employment opportunities to the unemployed youths within and outside the state.

“We held a private meeting with a team of delegation from Turkey.

” They want to invest in Kaduna Textile and turn it around.

” In summary, they want to start producing military and paramilitary uniforms for members of the Nigerian Armed Forces,” Mr. Musa said.

According to him, the project is a big and laudable one that will boost the economy of Kaduna State by increasing its revenue drive and create massive employment.

” We have been able to attract investors into the state,” he added.

The NNDC’s Executive Director, Investments, Abdullahi Ali-Gombe, said the agreement would revamp the collapsed Textile firm, owned by the 19 Northern States.

Besides boosting the ailing economy, Mr. Ali-Gombe explained that when operational, the firm would essentially go into production of military and paramilitary garments.

Mr. Ali-Gombe, who is also the Chairman, Restructuring Committee of the KTL, said “we cannot say tentatively when this will take off. We are hoping very soon.

The Kaduna Textile Limited, established in 1957, operated a large integrated textile mill, producing various kinds of garments.

The company, currently in a state of comatose, started operation in November 1957, spinning the country’s cotton and later in January 1958, went into full production of unbleached grey bafts.

In 1961, it began the production of finished garments.

The firm was financed by the Northern Nigeria regional Marketing Board and the region’s development corporation and was managed by an expatriate firm, David Whitehead & Sons.

It was closed down in 2000 following various financial crises and inadequate power supply.

(NAN)

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/240140-hope-rises-kaduna-textile-planned-15-million-investment.html

Front Page: Dominique Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by madridguy(m): 6:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Good update to kick start the week.

4 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by nairayouthcom(m): 6:30am On Aug 14, 2017
won't they need power?

Nigeria is just a bog joke

in other new checkout

50 THINGS LADIES MUST KNOW ABOUT MEN

http://9naija.com.ng/top-stories/50-things-ladies-must-know-men
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Blue3k(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2017
Yeah cool but is the power supply much better. Tha was part of the reason it closed down first time. It would be interesting to see if they can pull this off.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by 0b100100111: 7:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Good one!
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by NwaAmaikpe: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
0b100100111:
Good one!

shocked

So at your age you still fall for hopeless propaganda. undecided

What happened to the over-celebrated Nigeria-China currency exchange deal?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by BeautifulSE: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Good
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by nony43(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
There is hope that is if Hell Rufai won't behave like a typical Apc man
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Naso dem go talk
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by obailala(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2017
They've been reviving these companies on paper since 1999. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by ybalogs(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2017
Let's walk the talk then we can jubilate. Morning Nairalanders.
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by ril19(m): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2017
Doesn't even seem like it's in the pipeline, seems more like a pipe dream because he said that they can't even tell tentatively when the project will begin.

Someone else see it that way?

2 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by austin2all: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2017
WHEN IS OUR VEGETABLE/PICTURE RETURNING FROM LONDON

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by WeirdoNg: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2017
El-Rufai at work

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by WeirdoNg: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2017
You'd never see Nigerian youth on threads like this discoursing the way forward.

They are only good at tribal bickering,later dem go start talk youths are not given opportunity to lead angry
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by mmmustapha(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2017
I'm very happy to hear this, it was last month i passed through that road to Abuja and I was so disappointed seeing that industry that used to produce much of our clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by okwyee(m): 7:47am On Aug 14, 2017
everything in this administration is still planned.
Just tell me something they've successfully accomplished.
Ugly set of brainless old cargos!

3 Likes

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by brainpulse: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
A lot of investment coming over to Kaduna cause of relentless effort of the governor

1 Like

Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by juman(m): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Fake news.

Senseless apc.
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by juman(m): 8:00am On Aug 14, 2017
okwyee:
everything in this administration is still planned

Abi.

APC is a cursed government.
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Shieldjnr: 8:20am On Aug 14, 2017
If this work out I Will be so happy for my dad oh cos he worked there. Thank God we are alive n living large even after closure of the company.
But u need to be in Kaduna 2001/2002 to knw Hw life was for many workers there.many become okada riders just to survive
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2017
Abeg how many textile mill do we have in this Kaduna self that I keep hearing this old stories.. Nothing will work in that landlocked oil barren cursed desert.. I bet my balls
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by salesforce: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Good
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2017
Finally. Took a long time coming but kudos.
Make I start to plan.
Re: Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment by Azam101: 8:59am On Aug 14, 2017
It is a welcome development, but my fear is that most of the machinery are obsolete

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Is Seeking Diversifying Stock Market Instruments / Do You Need To Go To University To Make Money / I Have Forty Thousand Waht Can I Invest It On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.