Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why Should One Seek Counselling??? Here Are The Fears And Facts. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Should One Seek Counselling??? Here Are The Fears And Facts. (285 Views)

Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today / 30 Benue Doctors Display Sack Letters, Seek Gov's Intervention (PHOTOS) / China Imposes Travel Restrictions, Fears Foreigners Will Bring Back Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should One Seek Counselling??? Here Are The Fears And Facts. by AskAnExpertApp: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2017
The provision of assistance and guidance in resolving personal, social, or psychological problems and difficulties, especially by a professional defines the term COUNSELLING.

The Fears & Facts About counselling;

FEAR: My problems aren’t serious enough, upsetting, or embarrassing to talk about with a counsellor.
FACT: Any concern is definitely valid. No matter how big or small you feel your struggle is, we are caring, non-judgmental and here to listen and help you work through it.

FEAR: People who go to counselling are crazy or weak.
FACT: All people experience emotional distress at various points in life and some people seek counselling as one method of support. Going to counselling is definitely not an indication of weakness or disorder. In fact, seeking counselling is a healthy, strong and responsible option.

FEAR: I should be strong and disciplined enough to solve problems on my own.
FACT: Choosing to seek out counselling when you are experiencing emotional distress reflects wisdom and courage. Professional counselling is a resource.

FEAR: Dealing with emotional issues may stir up thoughts, fears, and feelings that will be difficult to manage.
FACT: In reality most people find counselling to be a great relief and gain a greater sense of control and calm even in the first session.

FEAR: People will know that I went to see a counsellor.
FACT: Counselling sessions are confidential and we take confidentiality very seriously. The only way others would become aware of your choice to see a counsellor is if you decide to tell them.

FEAR: I am too uncomfortable to take the first step by making an appointment and then talking with a stranger about personal matters seems kind of scary.
FACT: That first step (booking online or making a phone call, email or sending a text) is the toughest. Your discomfort is understandable. We are aware of this and can help ease you through the first steps. Using our Ask an Expert app option is often the least intimidating first step, visit Google playstore to download, sign up and engage any of our trusted counselling experts today!!!!

-Ask an Expert Team
EMPOWERING MINDS...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.askanexpert
Get Wisdom!
Get Understanding!
ITS ALL YOU NEED TO SUCCEED...

Join Us>>> http://www./askanexpertplatform
#Facebook #AskAnExpert #Career #Google #Playstore #Counselling

(1) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Claims One Life In Kwara, Lagos Records New Case / Weight Gain In Weeks. 09069674879. / Handling High Cholesterol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.