Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How To Travel From Nigeria To America – Getting Started Guide - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Travel From Nigeria To America – Getting Started Guide (700 Views)

Nigeria To Disengage 500,000 N-power Beneficiaries ‘soon’ / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Travel From Nigeria To America – Getting Started Guide by richgist(m): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2017
How to Travel from Nigeria to America… I know you probably can’t wait to travel to Yanky, but you have no choice, you need to fulfill the rungs before you can leave this country. As your one stop hot news website, I have the steps simplified on how to travel from Nigeria to America- (God’s own country) hassle free. You can use the airway or port when traveling to US depending. The airway is much more preferable because it’s fast; you could to America in no time unlike the port.
How to Apply for a US VISA

The first thing you need to do is determine the type of visa you need. This contains all the information that you might need including the qualification and application items. Read thoroughly and choose what best applies to your situation. (E.g. if you are travelling for a one-week conference, the b1/b2 visa is most appropriate for your category)
After determining the correct visa type, you must pay the visa fee. The visa fee page lists the visa types and correlating visa fees in US dollars and your native currency. Make sure you read the Bank and payment options page as it explains how to make your visa payment. Ensure that you keep your receipt number as it would be needed to book your visa appointment.

RELATED: Iceland Visa Application Form

This entails filling in your DS- 160 form; the DS-160 is a simple form for collecting your contact information and other travel/security details). Be sure to read the guidelines to complete this form carefully and honestly. You should also bear in mind that no changes can be made to the form once it is submitted, so you only get one shot. It is only after filling your DS-160 you become eligible for a physical appointment at the American embassy.
Schedule your appointment using your passport number, receipt number from GT bank as evidence of payment for your visa fee and 10-digit bar code number from the DS application page.
Book a hotel close to the US embassy where your interview is scheduled to hold
Visit the US embassy on the date and time of your interview. Be punctual and try to calm your nerves. Also, be sure to take all necessary documents along for your appointment. Answer any questions put to you as best as you can.
If your visa is approved, the visa will be sent to the document drop-off location you selected when you scheduled your appointment.
http://careerngn.com/431-2/
Re: How To Travel From Nigeria To America – Getting Started Guide by yyommie: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
After paying the visa fee at gtb what is the duration for it to get expired? e.g i paid the fee in january can i use it in dec or january the following year?

(1) (Reply)

Employment Opportunities / International Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Institute-lewes Delaware Usa / I Just Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.