Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style (431 Views)

TY Bello Celebrates Her 40th Birthday. Stuns On The Cover Of ThisDay Style / Dija, Rahama Sadau & Salma Phillips Cover Thisday Style Magazine's Latest Issue / #BBNaija: Efe Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style by Nnaeb(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2017
The first thought I had about his portraits was water.. and school.. and then Makoko . I killed the idea thinking it was way too random opting for a sleeker shoot at a friends house with a water front.

I was going to borrow a seriously lit boat and make some really smooth images .
Until my friend @msabisoye Invited me for the launch of her new space for @pearlsafrica and Girlscoding where she and her team teach young girls from underserved communities how to write codes ..
This was where I saw Sharon .. this young girl with an amazing smile that came forward and made a beautiful presentation ..standing confidently right in front of Mrs Oby Ezekwesili.

Sharon lives in Makoko a fishing community built on the Lagos lagoon. She spoke about trying to solve the problem of food insecurity by building a website using the knowledge from GirlsCoding, for fishermen to display their goods so people outside the community could buy. She also spoke about using technology to help solve child malnutrition.She was beautiful to watch and the first words that came to mind was.. this girl is a star .

I was shooting Rmd the next day and I switched to my initial idea to shoot in Makoko. I had to find an excuse to photograph her.I called my friend @otto_orondaam founder @slum2school knowing he Had very strong presence in the Makoko community , he hooked me up with the necessary contacts within a couple of hours.

Coincidentally ,Sharon was also a beneficiary @slum2school.
It was a joy to watch Richard Mofe Damijo share the lime lite with this beautiful star from Makoko . .. another big coincidence was that 80% of the movie he was producing next was going to be shot in that same space.I concluded this was no coincidence at all ..Providence had brought it all together .

When I asked RMD if he was a good swimmer as he would not have a life jacket on the canoe..he replied ‘No be Warri boy I be?

https://www.discoverlagoscity.com/ty-bello-shares-inspiring-story-behind-rmds-shoot-thisday-style/
[img][/img]

Re: TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style by saaedlee: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2017
This lady is blessed walahi
Re: TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
If not for piracy naija filmakers for get mad money. I pity thosr guys sha.
Re: TY Bello Shares Inspiring Story Behind Her Rmd’s Shoot For Thisday Style by stephleena(f): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
wah is dis?? looks like banky-w's head..

(1) (Reply)

Korede Bello Finally On Dreads / Mark Zukerberg Cuddles His New Born Daughter August In Sweet Snap / "It Is About The Demand" - Sound Sultan On Why “pon Pon” Is Reigning (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.