Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG (30435 Views)

Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Bigdannic(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=aminho post=59467366] Most you always wait for the fed gov?partner with ebonyi which is a producer of rice..once you start you will see the fed gov will come running to you!eg kebbi and lagos

We have a drunken governor whose only aim is to siphons and milk the state treasury dry.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by rbgsun: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
Present state of Omor Mill

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by 1afrika: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
9jvirgin:
Chuba Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Chimaroke Nnamani and Ike Ekweremadu all ruled and held sway as Senate presidents and deputy senate president and they could not do anything to help their people.

Peter Obi was a banker with expertise in Investment and financial management; yet he could not revive the Rice Mill.

Jonathan, their hero, was a vice president and president; yet he failed them SO BADLY.

What do you people want exactly? Your leaders failed you, yet you blame Buhari.

Why is Buhari always responsible for your misery?

May you be blessed. They are yet to make proper diagnosis of their ailment. Only If some states can have allocations as high as some of their States, and some regions have ministries
I just pray they're allowed to go, few years afterwards, some of their states will begin agitations for secession again grin
It'll continue like that till households start requesting to be republics. grin grin
Iro lasan!

4 Likes

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by demobaba1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
This RICE MILL is in West Africa located at OMOR VILLAGE ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA. This rice Mill that could have served as source of employment to many citizens of Nigeria is in ruins because the government prefer importation of rice than exportation of rice.

What kind of report is this ? There is no information on who owns the rice mill ?, when was it established ?, was it ever functional ? and how it come it got to a stage of dysfunction ? Road side reportage.

1 Like

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by ehinmowo: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
The problem is more of black than tribe and govt.

Buhari will waste another 4-8yrs and leave just like d ones b4 him and the ones to come after him. The black race nids cleansing

Guys show love to this new site. Register and make posts CAWID.COM
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
Too bad,
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by DJInfluence: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Not surprising. They will go there with a 20,000 man strong delegate to open the place, but abandon it after sometime. If they can maintain it, why not sell it? Well, guess selling it might not even resolve the issue, because they will sell it at 10% of the total worth.
Abeg am confused with the ruling class.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by wellmax(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
and when PMB banned importation of rice through land bothers, you all criticized him.
Without that ban, Nigeria will continue to import while our mills remain dormant.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
bakynes:

We all know there is nepotism in the area of Employment favouring the Hausa/Fulani but in this case Nigeria before Buhari and drop of oil price has been spending huge amounts of dollars importing rice so knowing the kind of country we are in they will surely abandon the Mill. What about Ajaokuta still Industrial complex abandoned and so many FG building and facilities all over Nigeria.
pls name one abandonded company in kaduna or katsina. pls. i agree that sw has some of them but mention one in sokoto caliphate or even jigawa
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by MadCow1: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
Is that a rice mill or grain Silo?

Isn't that the one near Aguleri/Umuleri?

It didn't look abandoned to me when I passed there a few months back.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Whalleysua29: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
MasterKim:

They will even blame tinubu
nice one
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Mcreloaded(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
If this rice mill pic is like this I wonder how the pics of ajaokuta and our refineries will look like.
Nija which way
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yet your governor is busy exporting ugu...or you expect the north to transport their rice to Anambra for processing?...oniranu
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by holycuriousity(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
You blame the FG and not the state government? ? shame!!!!
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by honayoplenty(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Making money online in nigeria made easy.Earn $100 or more online per day just by typing captchas!
* requirements:
Has a laptop or PC or android phone as long as it has a stable internet.
* No specific age group nor age limit.
* pay out via western union
* currency : Russia (RUB) Russian rubble to US (USD)
- this Is captcha entry.
1 captcha = 5 rubbles, basically 1000 captcha is equivalent to 5,000 rubbles ($83+).
-numeric captcha only. When you finish entering a captcha , there is no need to wait for the next captcha to load . no suspension or banned accounts in case you make a mistake at entering. If you are a fast typer you can do 2-3 hours per day. You earn as much as you work. You have total choice to do this FULL TIME or PART TIME, its entirely up to you.
This is free ( no registration fee), just your dedication and perseverance. We DONT require ID's , just register and create your own account on the website and we are set.
- if you have referalls it helps you earn faster, you earn 50% of anything your referrals earn. ( e.g Referrals: 1000 RUB= you: 500RUB).
You can make multiple accounts too ( at least for me, that's how I earn faster).
Minimum withdrawal is 7000 RUB..

HOW TO REGISTER
1.Register at http://29a7.zexdengi.top/534979048692/
2.start typing captcha by going to personal area and click start watching advertising.
3. Enter captcha! P.s the page is in Russian, try to use chrome browser so you can directly translate into your language.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Bestman111(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
I too was asking the same question. The op just carry picture come dey show us. No stories behind it. Worthless post.
ameri9ja:
Ok, what's the full story here? Op u didn't give us any details at all. What's the history? Was it once fully operational? Does it have anything to do with maginalisation of Ndigbo. Come on, men, what sorta op r u?
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by sshalom(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wasteful irresponsibility - The bane of a Nation!
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
9jvirgin:
Chuba Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Chimaroke Nnamani and Ike Ekweremadu all ruled and held sway as Senate presidents and deputy senate president and they could not do anything to help their people.

Peter Obi was a banker with expertise in Investment and financial management; yet he could not revive the Rice Mill.

Jonathan, their hero, was a vice president and president; yet he failed them SO BADLY.

oga, in which country was chimaroke senate / depity senate president and when?
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by BENJOKO: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
The above rice mill is named GAINT MILL. It was built and installed in d 1980's by japanees enginniers. By meaaure of size and number of metric tones per day, it rated the biggest/largest rice mill in west Africa.
It was functional till 1990's when the federal government abandoned it. FG did not only abadon the rice mill, they also abandoned the rice field.
During Peter Obi's administration the FG government handed over the rice mill to Anambra state government. It was later privatized.
A million thanks to Our amiable and indefaticable governor, chief Dr Willie Mmaduaburochi Obion (Akpokuedike Global) who partnered with JOSAN Nig limited to revamp and revive the rice mill to its full capacity. As it stands now work is 90% completion and hopefully the rice mill will b operational b4 november, 2017.
With this new development and Anambra state partnership Coscharis farm cum incentives and simgle digit loan to rice farmers in the state, Anambra state will soon start exportation of rice to other countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
Kashbwoyjnr:
This RICE MILL is in West Africa located at OMOR VILLAGE ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA. This rice Mill that could have served as source of employment to many citizens of Nigeria is in ruins because the government prefer importation of rice than exportation of rice.

Source:http://www.thebiafra.com/2017/08/photos-biggest-rice-mill-in-west-africa.html
blame your people who wanted the government that support importation of rice to continue in power.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by CioAngels(f): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2017
Kashbwoyjnr:

Source:http://www.thebiafra.com/2017/08/photos-biggest-rice-mill-in-west-africa.html
Ha, what a waste, Nigerian leaders are just shouting all over the place, they know nothing. Useless stealing leaders.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by mecussey(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2017
uzoormah:
I blame buhari
In Nigeria, nothing works.

1 Like

Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2017
chynie:
So IPIGS are calling on the ZOO(Nigeria) to come and renovate their rice mill
Buhari in his London hospital(no house)
will be laughing in greek
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There's zero meaning in this ur statement
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2017
9jvirgin:

Nigeria has a structural problem, not leadership problem.
try n force urself to use ur sense for once
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2017
VanBommel:
The governor is very stvpid not to have found a way of reviving that sector. You musn't wait for the clueless FG to do everything for you.

FG hands down money to state governments.
Force urself to use ur brain at least.

If it's called FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, Pls allow her to do her job as they do in the north n SW.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by obailala(m): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2017
ozimec:

The reason for the abandonment is simply because it's situated in the part of the country where FG has no interest. That's Nigeria for you.
What about all the other abandoned mills and factories that litter the length and breadth of Nigeria?.. What about the numerous abandoned textile mills across the north?... What about Ajaokuta steel plant etc? .. Is there even anything owned by govt which functions in any part of the country at all??... Going by your 'I AM A VICTIM' logic, I guess the FG also abandoned them all because the FG has no interest in any part of the country right?
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by ozimec(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2017
obailala:
What about all the other abandoned mills and factories that litter the length and breadth of Nigeria?.. What about the numerous abandoned textile mills across the north?... What about Ajaokuta steel plant etc? .. Is there even anything owned by govt which functions in any part of the country at all??... Going by your 'I AM A VICTIM' logic, I guess the FG also abandoned them all because the FG has no interest in any part of the country right?

Brother, I wouldnt want to open the canker worms of the abandoned Federal government properties and establishments in the SE because they are littered all over the places for everyone to see. I'm not ignorant of the fact that there are some abandoned fg establishment in some other parts of the country but, none can be compared to the state of infrastructural decay in the entire SE states. This is not an argument even, Osibanjo recognized this during the cause of his various visits in the area. Even the NASS knows about these and every well meaning Nigerians have spoken about this.
Do you think that the agitation for secesion in the SE is without reasons? Do you think that the massive crowds of people you see following Nnamdi KANU are touts or jobless people or that they are beign paid? Do you think that the agitation is just political or that KANU is being sponsored? I don't want to talk much but one thing we need to understand is that if we claim to be one, we should be our brothers keeper. When the south is crying for justice because of marginalization, let the north join hand with the south to address the problem and when north is crying let the south lend their voice in support as well, that's the spirit of brotherhood. It is he who wear the shoe knows where and how it pinches him.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by obailala(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
ozimec:

Brother, I wouldnt want to open the canker worms of the abandoned Federal government properties and establishments in the SE because they are littered all over the places for everyone to see. I'm not ignorant of the fact that there are some abandoned fg establishment in some other parts of the country but, none can be compared to the state of infrastructural decay in the entire SE states. This is not an argument even, Osibanjo recognized this during the cause of his various visits in the area. Even the NASS knows about these and every well meaning Nigerians have spoken about this.
Do you think that the agitation for secesion in the SE is without reasons? Do you think that the massive crowds of people you see following Nnamdi KANU are touts or jobless people or that they are beign paid? Do you think that the agitation is just political or that KANU is being sponsored? I don't want to talk much but one thing we need to understand is that if we claim to be one, we should be our brothers keeper. When the south is crying for justice because of marginalization, let the north join hand with the south to address the problem and when north is crying let the south lend their voice in support as well, that's the spirit of brotherhood. It is he who wear the shoe knows where and how it pinches him.
Bro, the FG has abandoned properties all over Nigeria; nothing belonging to the government ever works in Nigeria and this issue is not restricted to the SE as has been advertised and advertised and promoted for so long. Speeches like yours which claims the problem exists mainly in the SE is the reason why there are many people keying into the agitations in the SE. When a message is preached over and over again, everybody gets to believe and even re-echo the message; but that does not necessarily make the message to be absolutely true. If you think the SE is the only area in Nigeria experiencing FG neglect, I would love to hear you mention any thing owned by the FG which works in other zones of Nigeria (besided Lagos and Abuja which happen to be FCTs).
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by VanBommel(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

FG hands down money to state governments.
Force urself to use ur brain at least.

If it's called FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, Pls allow her to do her job as they do in the north n SW.
force yourself not to be an idi.otic mo.ron, read what I posted and understand it.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by ozimec(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
obailala:
Bro, the FG has abandoned properties all over Nigeria; nothing belonging to the government ever works in Nigeria and this issue is not restricted to the SE as has been advertised and advertised and promoted for so long. Speeches like yours which claims the problem exists mainly in the SE is the reason why there are many people keying into the agitations in the SE. When a message is preached over and over again, everybody gets to believe and even re-echo the message; but that does not necessarily make the message to be absolutely true. If you think the SE is the only area in Nigeria experiencing FG neglect, I would love to hear you mention any thing owned by the FG which works in other zones of Nigeria (besided Lagos and Abuja which happen to be FCTs).

Brother, I watched a documentary on tele about fertilizer companies around the geopolitical zone, SE was omitted. of course you know of the one in Kaduna. Like I said, I don't want to talk much on this because it's very evident. You can't disprove facts. Should I talk about the railway lines, Federal roads, I'm sure you're in touch with the fed.budget. I Hope you're aware that SE Senators protested last time and worked out of the chamber when the bill for SE deve billed was rejected and same bill was passed be the lower chamber.
Let me also remind you that after the war, there was an agreement for reconciliation, rehabilitation and rebuilding but up till now, none of these agreements has been attended to.
Re: Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG by portacabin: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
The rice mill is been rehabilitated under PPP arrangement. I have current rehab pictures

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Price Of Fish Feeds / Nursery Nylons for seedling and Grow bag for plants/veggies is available. / Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.