Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

I Would Never Label Mayweather As Ape, He’s A Rat!-Conor Mcgregor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Would Never Label Mayweather As Ape, He’s A Rat!-Conor Mcgregor (331 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Flaunts Multi-billion Gold Chains And Wristwatches (photo) / Floyd Mayweather Poses With His Pet Tiger (Pictured) / After Fight, Mayweather Parties In Style With His N1billion Bugatti(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Would Never Label Mayweather As Ape, He’s A Rat!-Conor Mcgregor by david7777: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
Earlier this week, Floyd Mayweather stated to the media that was upset over Conor McGregor labeling him as a “monkey” and a “monkeys” remark that the UFC star made on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

Mayweather said he was going to batter McGregor for “black people” all over the world.

“I just thought about all our different leaders. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X. They went on the front line for me and my family and all my loved ones. Like I said before, this stuff still goes on. But I’m strong, I’m smart, patient. And come Aug. 26, I’ll be the same person — smart, strong, patient. And the same way he called us monkeys, we’re gonna see if he say that August 26,” Mayweather told Stephen A. Smith. “But this is for a cause. This is for the American people. This is for all the blacks around the world.”

According to McGregor, Mayweather is spinning his words and trying to create a false issue.

McGregor will make his professional boxing debut against Mayweather on August 26th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The contest takes place at the junior middleweight limit of 154-pounds, and this week the Nevada State Athletic Commission will rule on whether or not the two fighters are able to use 8-ounce gloves for their showdown.

“First of all, never once in my life have I labeled him a monkey or any African-American or anyone a monkey. I would not disrespect any race like that.” McGregor said to MMA Fighting.

“That Jimmy Kimmel interview, (Guillermo Rodriguez) asked me (if I) would beat Rocky. I said ‘What Rocky?’ And he said ‘Rocky III.’ And I said ‘Is that the one with the gym and the circus and the monkeys?’ Because (Rocky) had a specialized gym built where the gym was like a circus. There were clowns and all this type of stuff. That’s what I meant by that. And then (Mayweather) tried to manipulate it.”

“If I was to label him after any animal, it would be the rat. I wouldn’t even label him after the great ape. He is a f***ing rat and a weasel because that’s a rat and a weasel do — they try to manipulate words and create something that’s not there. Ask (Leonard) Ellerbe. Ask Floyd (Mayweather) Sr. They know. It’s a weak move on (Mayweather’s) part to even try to instigate something so sensitive. But that’s the individual he is — he’s a man who beats his wife in front of his kids.”

[BOXING SCENE]
for more sports news, visit http://glorysportsworld.com

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Transfer Earners In European Football (season 2017/18) / Your Favorite Picks Today (10 Odds) / Barcelona Completed Ousmane Dembele Signing Of £97m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.