Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

BUHARI'S VIDEO: The Divide Between Hate And Common Sense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI'S VIDEO: The Divide Between Hate And Common Sense (442 Views)

How Atiku Abubakar Was Received In Kaduna With ‘Nigeria Sai Buhari' (Video) / Iranian Shi’ites Threaten To Overthrow Buhari (video) / Lazy Youths: What Job Does Your Son Do? - Reno Omokri To President Buhari(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI'S VIDEO: The Divide Between Hate And Common Sense by phrankchek(m): 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dear Citizen,

This will be a quick one. Last weekend our social media platforms were littered with videos of the President, Muhammadu Buhari receiving some of his aides at the Abuja House in London.

Of course, the videos may have been a timely reply to angered citizens who are bored of seeing only pictures. Or the continued emphasis of the Presidency in reassuring the citizens that the President is still breathing. Whichever one it is, As usual, most core Anti-Buhari campaigners sang that the video was shot in 2016.
Before we agree or not, I engaged a “supposed” Anti-Buhari campaigner on his facebook post about the authenticity of the videos released last weekend which he vowed was shot in 2016. This man happens to be a pal I know, so for the sake of this blog post let me call him Mike. I asked Mike, “You said these videos were shot in 2016 and going by someone’s facebook post which you screenshot where the date indicates 2016, no problem… Now did you watch these videos in 2016 or are you just claiming it was shot in 2016 just because of the post”? Mike replied me “Yes I watched it in 2016”. I asked him “in clear conscience, You saw this videos in 2016? all of us were in this Country in 2016 and only you and some few people watched this public video also knowing fully well that anybody can edit his/her Facebook post at whatever year?”. Mike replied, “On which side are you even on sef”? That was the point I ended the talk with him.

Now that encounter, if you can agree with me explains how much hate can becloud one’s sense of objectivity. First I may not be a card carrying campaigner of Mr Buhari, after all, all of us (me inclusive) are being muscled by most of his Administration’s policies and most people can hate him for whatever reason (which one of them is being a President). But, be that as it may, he is a human being. So let’s not allow emotions and hate becloud our sense of objectivity and correctness.

Anyways, I and Mike are cool, I wished him a Happy Sunday, Talks like that couldn’t have spoilt the joy Manchester United gave me after hammering the Hammers yesterday evening… you know #winks… and my Enyimba that got a home win over ABS.

Let’s worry more about ASUU who just embarked on their annual flagship event “ASUU Strike”…. this Country eh?

That will be all for now. Enjoy the rest of your day.

https://theyellowcitizen./2017/08/14/the-divide-between-hate-and-common-sense/

(1) (Reply)

Office Of The Vice President Press Release / I'm Ready To Take A Bullet For Nigeria - Charly Boy / EXCLUSIVE: Another Nigerian Oil Mogul Named In Ex-minister 's Travails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.