Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! (40874 Views)

ADVICE ON WHICH PHONE TO CHOOSE... Redmi OR OPPO / If U You Were Given An Opportunity To Choose Any Phone ( Which Will You Choose) / How To Choose A Smartphone That Is Smart For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by oluwadubem: 1:33am On Aug 19, 2017
the reason why I will choose infinix over sammy,bb,iphone,sony,asus,vivi.oppo is the word "money"...Just like timaya when money nodey infinix I go hold...

#peace#
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Xtianvic(m): 6:03am On Aug 19, 2017
henry007:

If you only buy high end devices and you went from S6 to S8 after 2 years, it seems you're more of the playing it safe with samsung guy.

Lots of people don't have that 230-300K budget for a smartphone and are left with a difficult choice of a scrappy 3-4 year old samsung former flagship and a brand new Infinix flagship or mid-ranger.
does infinix have a flagship? In you dreams grin grin
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Xtianvic(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2017
henry007:

What does Samsung offer for the price of the Infinix Note 4 ($145)?

I dare anyone with a $145 brand new phone from Samsung to come on here and tell us their experience with that phone.
can your infinix note 4 at 145 compete with xiaomi note 4 at 145? Xiaomi would beat the hell out of it
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
Xtianvic:
can your infinix note 4 at 145 compete with xiaomi note 4 at 145? Xiaomi would beat the hell out of it

True....also Xiaomi Note 4 is $188 for the MTK version, more than the price of even the Note 3 pro.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Xtianvic(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
henry007:

True....also Xiaomi Note 4 is $188 for the MTK version, more than the price of even the Note 3 pro.
check the price of the 3GB/32GB version
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Oscarpraise(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
Please DO NOT compare Infinix with SAMSUNG. Them no be mate. My Samsung phone is still the best android smartphone I have ever used. Leave the battery problem for me, that's why I actually got the itel P51 with 5000mAh battery, any time my Samsung runs out of power I can easily continue what am doing online with it. Samsung is Samsung, no body can change that
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
Xtianvic:
does infinix have a flagship? In you dreams grin grin

Yes na, you don't see it everywhere cos it's their most expensive line.

Infinix zero 4 plus X602 Unboxing and first Impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6L7XN12qFI?a
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by IntrovertGuy: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by solid3(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Can we call a person who buys a phone of N66000 broke?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by mycogen: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Who are those calling Samsung "iPhone mimics"? Shows what they really know about current mobile phones.

Speaking of mimics, why does Infinix (and all the other mimics by the way) call those devices Notes when you cannot jot notes on them? Outside of the Samsung Note series, no one else has a note. Simple

There are different reasons individuals use different phones and it is not all about price. My brother was on his third Sony Z3 in a row (kept damaging them) when he decided to go for a Gionee because his replacement costs where piling up. My clearing agent was using a galaxy s6 edge when he also decided to go for a Gionee because he needed longer battery life. So saying someone is broke for not using a major OEM flagship is not always right.

However, you still should not say an Infinix is better than a Samsung. That is hubris. Say an Infinix SERVES YOU BETTER than a Samsung. That is much closer to the truth.

For me, I need a device fast enough with sufficient capacity to handle my brutal multitaskings. And I need to be able to jot on the go. That means Samsung notes for me only. Can't wait for the Note 8. I'm positively salivating on it's leaked capabilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Batastramedia: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ekinematics:
Op hope no be poor man mentality dey do you.
How dare you compare a goat to a lion.

Samsung has everything you want in a phone.
They have everything for every category it all depends on your pocket and what you are looking for.
Be it fast charge(which they are the leaders in this aspect) or big batteries(which you can find in some models), Samsung has seen it all and done it all.

Why infinix and other Chinese phones are popular now is because of their price(which is very attractive to Nigerians due to our low purchasing power).

Op have you asked yourself why infinix can't create a niche for themselves in Europe or the Americas?
Think of quality/brand name vs quantity/mediocre.

You are obviously one of those enslaved by the Samsung charm...

But please do not ever say this "Samsung has everything you want in a phone" again! Speak for yourself! There are way better phones and iPhone is just one.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Glory12345(f): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Instead you choose the itel phones jjare
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Glory12345(f): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Phones that are expensive................Me i just prefer my p51 oo
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Batastramedia: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Glory12345:
Phones that are expensive................Me i just prefer my p51 oo

But i heard Itel batteries are not good, really.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by techcruncher: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2017
All this fuss over what phone one should opt for between the Infinix and Samsung brand. Let us take a moment to analyze some things about the buying phones and judging the whole by the experience of the part.

For one, anyone that said their friend, girlfriend, mum or dad used a particular brand and regretted should ask the question "how was the gadget handled?"

From a disinterested angle, both brands have their appeals and USPs. Quite a number of people are rooting for Infinix products in actual purchase, not just content fanfare and opinions. if this is to be considered, it means there is a personal appeal in the Infinix brand for the mass that they may not be seeing in Samsung.

Further, what makes a tech brand innovative and forward-thinking is how often they introduce better and upgraded device series. It is like a software, if it takes too long to be updated, then it may be considered 'redundant' and 'not innovative'.

I intentionally didn't want to tow the line of specs and features in this comment. That has been treated to a considerable extent. But we should all consider 'mass appeal' a valid pointer to what is good about the brand Infinix.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by stevewheezy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
techcruncher:
All this fuss over what phone one should opt for between the Infinix and Samsung brand. Let us take a moment to analyze some things about the buying phones and judging the whole by the experience of the part.

For one, anyone that said their friend, girlfriend, mum or dad used a particular brand and regretted should ask the question "how was the gadget handled?"

From a disinterested angle, both brands have their appeals and USPs. Quite a number of people are rooting for Infinix products in actual purchase, not just content fanfare and opinions. if this is to be considered, it means there is a personal appeal in the Infinix brand for the mass that they may not be seeing in Samsung.

Further, what makes a tech brand innovative and forward-thinking is how often they introduce better and upgraded device series. It is like a software, if it takes too long to be updated, then it may be considered 'redundant' and 'not innovative'.

I intentionally didn't want to tow the line of specs and features in this comment. That has been treated to a considerable extent. But we should all consider 'mass appeal' a valid pointer to what is good about the brand Infinix.

I like the angle you looking at the situation from. I hope a few more would see it that way!
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by wman(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
techcruncher:

The truth is there is no personal or mass appeal. It is all about the price.

There is nothing that will make an Infinix phone more appealing than a Samsung phone.

They can't even point out one single feature that makes an Infinix phone more desirable than a Samsung phone.

If I placed a Infinix phone in my left hand and placed a Samsung phone in my right hand and ask everyone to take one of the phones for free.

All of them will go for the Samsung. No single person will pick the Infinix. Even the OP stevewheezy won't think twice.

Infinix makes good affordable phones. Samsung makes the best phones in the world.

Let everyone buy what they can afford and enjoy it. There is no need for these baseless comparisons.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by mycogen: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Samsung makes some of the best phones in the world. Fact.
Infinix makes SOME of the phones in this world. Fullstop.

When the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable. This is the story of Infinix (and its brethren). If Meizu, Oppo, Xiaomi and the likes were directly available in Nigeria, directly and not via some third party that got them off Aliexpress, Infinix, Techno and the rest would not even be making any market share. Those are the OEMs that can be compared with Samsung (and they almost always loose out to the equivalent Samsung except on price) and not Infinix.

Like someone said earlier, Peugeot makes good cars. Mercedes makes good cars. But if we all had enough money, we all know which car we would be buying!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Batastramedia: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2017
Really, I think everyone is entitled to his/her own taste as it suits them...Those who love Infinix do have their reasons. Those who love samsung also have their reasons. It differs from one individual to another....
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by lastbaff(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Guys, this is the updated list of the latest Infinix android phones in 2017: Latest Infinix Phones and Prices in Nigeria
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by stevewheezy(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
solid3:
Can we call a person who buys a phone of N66000 broke?

LOL grin

I just got to see this!

Please help me ask this question again!!!!! grin grin
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by stevewheezy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
You don't how good or bad yo mama's food is until you taste another momma's food...
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Batastramedia: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by olujastro: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
This thread just ended up confusing me more after my google search.
I use Infinix Note 2. Bought it in July 2016 and it's served me very well (especially charging time and battery wise) and it still works fine. I just want to buy another android phone because my phone gets slow once a while when I'm over using it and I suspect that it's due to the 1gb RAM. Perhaps it won't be hanging occasionally if it was 2gb RAM or more.
I can't even find a proper choice for a good android phone not more than 100k. I'm not so into gadgets and I'm not extravagant. I just want what works fine - battery life, charging time, usage speed, good camera. I don't care about big brand names as I don't do show off.
Any help?
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by apologist: 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
olujastro:
This thread just ended up confusing me more after my google search.
I use Infinix Note 2. Bought it in July 2016 and it's served me very well (especially charging time and battery wise) and it still works fine. I just want to buy another android phone because my phone gets slow once a while when I'm over using it and I suspect that it's due to the 1gb RAM. Perhaps it won't be hanging occasionally if it was 2gb RAM or more.
I can't even find a proper choice for a good android phone not more than 100k. I'm not so into gadgets and I'm not extravagant. I just want what works fine - battery life, charging time, usage speed, good camera. I don't care about big brand names as I don't do show off.
Any help?

The Note 4 pro is what you need - 4,500 mAh very good camera, 3GB RAM - It costs N67,500 without the Xpen but with the Xpen, N73,500 Read up here http://www.infinixmobility.com/ng/note/note4-pro/

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
stevewheezy:

So apart from maybe camera, what 'quality' does Samsung assure you? LOL! Durability? or What exactly? My people, you all are still freaked with the brand name 'samsung' not what it really has to offer.....

Plenty. In fact OVER PLENTY.
1. Display: I can't believe infinix are still putting 720p display on 5.5 inch phones. Ok let's compare infinix flagship (zero series) with Samsung Galaxy s6 series. The zero has 1080p IPS display while the Samsung has QHD super amoled display. The difference is very very clear. In direct sunlight u will struggle to see what's on the screen on ur infinix but on Samsung no difference between viewing in direct sunlight and I'm darkness. I've always used Samsung phones but last year I have infinix a try. Decent phones the hot a, hot 4 pro and zero 4 but I'm glad to be back with Samsung flagship, the difference is like 7 up.

2. Screen response; infinix phones are responsive but when u type very fast u experience some delays in screen response, something that is non existent on Galaxy S7. Even Galaxy s4 is still more responsive than zero 4.

3. Design: when u hold a Samsung flagship u won't even want to lay ur hands on any infinix phone. I don't even need to say any more things about this one.

4. Camera: forget the megapixel nonsense, infinix phones take decent pictures in daylight but in low light they struggle which is where Samsung phones shine.

5. Mediatek vs top of the line Snapdragon? No need to say more.

6. Features: multi window has been available on samsung phones before Google made it standard on nougat. Which means even Samsung phones that are running lollipop still had multi window. Good luck doing that with infinix phones prior to Android 7.0. And what about smart capture? U probably haven't heard of that but it's a feature that allow u to take a screen shot and scroll down to take more screenshots of the entire page in 1 capture. Infinix phones can never dream of doing that. On infinix u can only take screenshot of the entire page on ur screen, but with Samsung take a screenshot, then hit the plus sign and it will scroll down take more screenshots of what is not displayed in the first page, u can continue scrolling down and taking screenshots and all will appear in 1 page. Fantastic isn't it?

7: Virtual reality: how do u even expect a phone that doesn't have gyroscope to do virtual reality? And for vr u need at least a 1440p display and highest infinity will offer is 1080p on their flagship zero. On the hot series they are still stuck with rubbish 720p display.

8: wow factor: infinix phones doesn't have a wow factor, while Samsung phones have the edge display. When u pull one out in a public place people are gonna say wow what phone is that? What about always on display ? Good luck finding that on an infinix.

9. Wireless charging; is there any infinix phone equiped with wireless charging?

10. Speed: u can never compare the speed of snalragon phones with mediatek phones. An average infinix phone takes like 90-120 mins to start up (my infinix hot a takes almost 3 minutes) while my Samsung takes like 40 seconds to power up.

I don tire, I have given u 10 reasons, there are more but let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Lucascruiz(m): 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
chymes0359:

which quality..
Fu*k samsung!
Infinix all the way..
have you ever heard of antutu 6, basemark x rating..gfx manhatan onscreen and offscreen...truth is most of infinix fans just do whatsapp,fb, instagram..n dy love d word mah like their life is onit..me and my fellow phone gurus agree that a htc phone of 2600mah with an endurance rating of 76hrs is better than an infinix of 3600mah...I rest me case
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Lucascruiz(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
chymes0359:

some people buy phone and dont ever have to use them..
It's all about economic value here, both financially and battry life...
Tell me what samsung does, that infinix dont.. ?
Please!
It's all about choice..
thats the problem and that is always your anthem..my own anthem is use a phone not a toy and be healed
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Lucascruiz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
apologist:

The Note 4 pro is what you need - 4,500 mAh very good camera, 3GB RAM - It costs N67,500 without the Xpen but with the Xpen, N73,500 Read up here http://www.infinixmobility.com/ng/note/note4-pro/
only a fool will buy a note 4 when huawei honor 6x is a midrange boss...same price range.. tongue
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Ematexq: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
I was just laughing when I heard infinix zero 4 close to my Samsung note 5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread / Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone / Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.