Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Photography: The Awakening - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photography: The Awakening (902 Views)

Annie Leibovitz Photography Masterclass / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAllĀ instagram Photography Competition / The Monochrome Photography Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photography: The Awakening by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hi there!

It's 2017! a whole lot has gone by, and a lot of development has been witnessed almost everywhere. The most apparent of them all the development of technology; this alone has affected almost every facet of human existence, I mean, there's hardly any endeavor that hasn't witnessed some forms of technological development.

The area of photography has had its fair share of technological advancement, what it is now is no longer what it used to be, and that has redefined what the concept of photography originally is.

If we decide to access photography locally, we find out that almost everyone around perceive it a lot less than they could have, and it's not their fault in anyway. Part of what technology brought to photography is simplicity, this, by extension, led to the undermining of the concept. For instance, I could take a picture with my $100 smartphone, and people would think I had taken it with a DSLR camera!

We all now tend to forget that the essence of photography shouldn't be undermined even in the face of technology. That we can pull off a great DSLR shot on just about any device doesn't rule out the fact that A shot well-taken is priceless. We all should realize that the true meaning of Pictures is to make memories into work of art. We all should appreciate photography, we all can!

Do visit my Blog: Shutterbugs Republic (peopleofthelens..com), it's a place where we could appreciate and discuss photography together!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Element 3D Test / Hyperealistic Work In Progress By @kennypenfreak / Digital Graphic Designer In Ikorodu ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.