Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State (8476 Views)

Hectares Of Land For Agric In Oyo State Villages & Towns For Sale / Dangote Signs $450m Sugar Plant Pact With Niger Govt / Business & Investment Opportunities In Agric/imported goods? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Truth234(m): 4:44am On Aug 15, 2017
The President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, on Monday disclosed that the company would invest $450m in agriculture development in Niger State over the next three years.

Dangote, who made this known during the 2017 Niger State Investment Summit in Minna, said the funds would be used in establishing a large scale rice processing mill to process over 200, 000 metric tonnes of paddy rice.

He said that a state-of-the-art fully integrated sugar refining industry would also be established.

“The Dangote Group is committed to invest around $450m over the three next years to establish a large scale rice processing mill for out growers.

“Our company is also establishing a state of the art fully integrated sugar industry involving the development of over 30,000 hectares of sugar cane plantation and the production of about 500, 000 metric tonnes of refined sugar.

“We are very excited about these investments and look forward to kick-starting this mutually beneficial partnership with the government and good people of Niger State,” he said.

Dangote, who was represented by Alhaji Mansur Ahmed, noted that the company also planned to invest over $1bn in agricultural production and processing of selected commodities like sugar, rice and tomatoes across the country.

According to him, Niger has become the destination of choice for investment in the agricultural sector given its rich and vast arable land.

He said that the company was poised to leverage on that toward a virile agriculture based economy.

Dangote said that the group would also continue to engage governments at the federal and state levels where there was great potential to explore investment opportunities.

The Commissioner for Investment, Commerce and Industry, Mrs Ramatu Yardua said the aim of the summit was to market the state as an investment destination in agriculture considering its enormous potential which was largely untapped.

Yardua said that agriculture was key to moving the country out of recession, adding that the state was committed to creating a conducive and enabling environment for would be investors.

The summit, which had as its theme: Impact Investing for Advancing Agricultural Economy and Innovation will end on Aug. 15.

http://investorsking.com/dangote-invest-450m-agric-niger-state/

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 15, 2017
And some people are there shouting Oduduwa and Biafra Republic with no clear head of what happens next?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by LionDeLeo: 5:02am On Aug 15, 2017
God bless Dangote and family.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by madridguy(m): 5:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Madrid.guy to invest $850million in agriculture development in Anambra State over the next 5 years.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Tiffbuxas: 5:42am On Aug 15, 2017
Nice one.... I hope other billionaires both legal and illegal will at least learn to invest here instead of dubai, USA and yacht of 88million dolz

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by LionDeLeo: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2017
madridguy:
Madrid.guy to invest $850million in agriculture development in Anambra State over the next 5 years.

Which field do you intend to go into?

Rice farming?
Poultry?
Fish farming?
Cucumber farming?
Piggery?

I suggest you go for either or both of the last two, thank me latter. grin grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by madridguy(m): 6:48am On Aug 15, 2017
grin grin any field excluding piggery.

LionDeLeo:

Which field do you intend to go into?

Rice farming?
Poultry?
Fish farming?
Cucumber farming?
Piggery?

I suggest you go for either or both of the last two, thank me latter. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by LionDeLeo: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2017
madridguy:
grin grin any field excluding piggery.

But piggery is very lucrative, ask Nnamdi Kanu, he is now into that farming and has been smiling to the bank. grin grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Amoto94(m): 7:52am On Aug 15, 2017
Nice way to go exiting recession is not by mouthing words but by making investment like this.
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by madridguy(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2017
grin grin grin

LionDeLeo:

But piggery is very lucrative, ask Nnamdi Kanu, he is now into that farming and has been smiling to the bank. grin grin grin
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Abbeyme: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2017
Good one by Dangote.

People need to go into more farming activities to help us out of rising costs of feeding...
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by edeXede: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2017
embarassed

A drug baron hiding under cement and sugar business

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by ateamblezing(f): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2017
We really should stop this,I don't know why we all are being tribalistic, we are Nigerians and we should be unified,enough of afonjas and Igbos.
How do we think the nation is going to better if we are disintegrated, I am neither afonja or Igbo but I love everyone just the same

14 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by tayorh(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2017
Very nice
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by wwwtortoise(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2017
And so?

Is he not a Nigerian?

Is he doing it for charity? No, it is business and profit as usual.

Lets wait until the softcopy is reproduced in hardcopy before we start singing him praises.
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Bari22: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:

grin
LionDeLeo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by ateamblezing(f): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
We really should stop this,I don't know why we all are being tribalistic, we are Nigerians and we should be unified,enough of afonjas and Igbos.
How do we think the nation is going to be better if we are disintegrated, I am neither afonja or Igbo but I love everyone just the same

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by bamite(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
Such a shame one certain albino monkey decided to turn his fellow tribesmen to the object of mockery in nigeria sad

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
Let me drop this hard fact: Despite the recession, Dangote has invested more in the country in the past 2yrs than the Federal Government.
Talk about a serious government.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by AK481(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
K
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by aku626(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
Thank you sir, you can as well buy the country
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Legit9301: 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Jealousy driven with poverty. Receive sense!

14 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

What name have you made for urself , even in a micro-blog like nairaland.
Stop hating, do something your children would be proud of.

14 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by 0b100100111: 8:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Blood of Chris Brown!

Dangote's dominance is really thriving despite the economic downturn.
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by birdsview(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
Nice one.... I hope other billionaires both legal and illegal will at least learn to invest here instead of dubai, USA and yacht of 88million dolz
lol
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Abbeyme: 8:16am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Like the Anambra 'bishop'?

10 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by 0b100100111: 8:16am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Drink responsibly! (18+)

5 Likes

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by Mandynews(f): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2017
AMEN
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by AK481(m): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2017
Igbos are busy investing in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by malton: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2017
Meanwhile Muhammed Indimi burnt $20 million on a birthday bash.

Same dollars, different impacts.

It's all about perspectives.
Re: Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State by dakeskese(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2017

That is a good one.

Let me join the team biko.
We start from Minna to Bida, Kontagora to Zungeru, Suleja and then we end in Lapai.

During recession, we are all farmers

tongue...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plantain Slicing Machine For Making Plantain Chips / Poultry Manure Available / Jatropha (biofuel Biz) Contract Farming - The Green Oil Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.