Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription (31618 Views)

BBNaija: Mike's Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton Begs Nigerians To Support Husband / Another Look At Pay TV Cost / BBNaija: Alex Mother, Ebere Asogwa, Begs Nigerians To Vote For Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by ican2020: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
That free TV channels are zero with useless channels
No America action film channel.
Just trash like GO TV
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by tabisegroup(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
OnowuOra:
This is still a written speech � , when we see

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I tire o
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Sammmypoko(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
can someone explain to me please,willl this replace dstv or wah??
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Agimor(m): 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
Buhari government has successfully breed a lot of doubting Thomas in the space of two years.... Seeing is believing under this regime.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by slendxy: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
Until we see the contents they are offering. Its not just about bringing down price. We want quality.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by bilulu(m): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
dat decoder dat keeps showing year 2000 films n don't even show anything recent. if Dats Wat dey want to compete wit multichoice dey should better look elsewhere.....

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by signz: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sammmypoko:
can someone explain to me please,willl this replace dstv or wah??

I need answers to these questions too. I don't understand the OP
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by TrillionBrains(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
That's welcome news if only it is going t help elevate the technology mindset of we youths and our pulse towards innovation
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by wrench: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by wrench: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
signz:

I need answers to these questions too. I don't understand the OP
no it won't replace DSTV but will be a competitor with DSTV
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by bilulu(m): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
ican2020:
That free TV channels are zero with useless channels
No America action film channel.
Just trash like GO TV
bros can u even compare dat nonsense wit gotv? it's totally rubbish
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by wrench: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
bilulu:
dat decoder dat keeps showing year 2000 films n don't even show anything recent. if Dats Wat dey want to compete wit multichoice dey should better look elsewhere.....
lol
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by ozome15(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
In today Nigeria government anything da say is lie
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by ArinzeAnthony03: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
Just passing.... grin
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
bilulu:

bros can u even compare dat nonsense wit gotv? it's totally rubbish
I believe there will be more room for more content, even sport as stated by the NBC.They said apart from the 60 channels, it will help young talented Nigerians to come up with more quality content plus a PAY tv platform on it. I Even read a tweet one time that BBC,CNN,CNBC.etc have shown interests in it. The Benefits are countless after the entire states are launched e.g E-government information, voting,internet, Video on demand that will boost Nollywood production, fast and easy access to news and information, advertisements etc
I hope Kaduna,kwara,gombe,Enugu,Osun would be launched soonest and not forgetting the fact that it is capital intensive.
Residents of abuja and jos can say about it
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by iluvpomo(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
This article was so poorly written!
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Lastborn0074: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Can any good thing come out of this APC govt? Apart from the fight against corruption, there's nothing else to show for their more than two yrs in power. If and when I see this happen, then I may begin to take them serious. Until then, I can't take them serious, my take though.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
i just hope they dont piss the stb's with Nta type of content
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
iluvpomo:
This article was so poorly written!
You could have written "was poorly" instead of " was so poorly" to avoid tautology, I agree I did not take time to write the article well
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by bigabbey: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Why pay when you can watch it free. Free to air rules!
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by iluvpomo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
samsobo24:
You could have written "was poorly" instead of " was so poorly" to avoid tautology, I agree I did not take time to write the article well
I believe, so poorly is not tautology but an apt and emphatical description of the grammatical deficiencies of the original article of this thread.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by junnyjake(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
MadCow1:

If you are going to begin your new business by going after the competition then you better come in well prepared.. They were not ready. They figured taking away T.V rights for the Premier League would create a dent in DSTV's subscriber base which it didn't.

All DSTV did was host the Big Brother show to hold over that 1 year period HITV were hot and when the license for the BPL HITV had expired, Multichoice bought it off and owned it making sure HITV never had access to it again.

So HITV fuucked with the wrong one. They could have come into the market without trying to undo Multichoice from the very start. Multichoice has paid their dues in this hussle and has come a long way. Their content was better then HITV and HITV had nothing else to offer outside of football.

So not showing respect to Multichoice and starting a fight they weren't even qualified to be in led to their demise.

Oh, I see.

They did fuked up big time.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by junnyjake(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
MadCow1:

If you are going to begin your new business by going after the competition then you better come in well prepared.. They were not ready. They figured taking away T.V rights for the Premier League would create a dent in DSTV's subscriber base which it didn't.

All DSTV did was host the Big Brother show to hold over that 1 year period HITV were hot and when the license for the BPL HITV had expired, Multichoice bought it off and owned it making sure HITV never had access to it again.

So HITV fuucked with the wrong one. They could have come into the market without trying to undo Multichoice from the very start. Multichoice has paid their dues in this hussle and has come a long way. Their content was better then HITV and HITV had nothing else to offer outside of football.

So not showing respect to Multichoice and starting a fight they weren't even qualified to be in led to their demise.

Oh, I see.

Thanks for taking the time out to explain.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Jetjacky(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Jetjacky(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2017
samsobo24:
I believe there will be more room for more content, even sport as stated by the NBC.They said apart from the 60 channels, it will help young talented Nigerians to come up with more quality content plus a PAY tv platform on it. I Even read a tweet one time that BBC,CNN,CNBC.etc have shown interests in it. The Benefits are countless after the entire states are launched e.g E-government information, voting,internet, Video on demand that will boost Nollywood production, fast and easy access to news and information, advertisements etc
I hope Kaduna,kwara,gombe,Enugu,Osun would be launched soonest and not forgetting the fact that it is capital intensive.
Residents of abuja and jos can say about it
how does this switch over work in reality, and what are the benefits in reality aside the money drop. You said vidéo on demand: how does this work?
Sorry, I can't visualize these. sad
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
Jetjacky:
how does this switch over work in reality, and what are the benefits in reality aside the money drop. You said vidéo on demand: how does this work?
Sorry, I can't visualize these. sad
It means no one would be able to watch Analog TV ,this simply means no station in the country will broadcast its signals with transmitters, signals will be broadcasted through the governments national digital platform ( NBC's free TV). When the Launch is done ,you won't be able to watch TV until you have your set up box.
Video on demand is a medium whereby video content can be sourced for, simply with your . This means you can watch a new Nollywood anytime like UK's Netflix and Nigeria's Iroko TV

News: ‘Free TV’, which is being rolled out in partnership with
Nigeria’s National Broadcasting Commission, has the
potential to become the biggest free-to-air TV platform in
the world, and will eventually be available to over 20 million
homes and 150 million individuals. ‘Free TV’ was launched
in Jos earlier this year, and today’s launch in Abuja is the
second phase of the roll out.

Inview is providing the software and technical capability
inside the ‘Free TV’ set top boxes which are the cornerstone
of the new service. Inview will also operate the EPG and a
range of broadcasting applications such as news, public
service information, advertising and video on demand.
Nigeria will be adopting a model based on the UK’s
Freeview which means customers will only pay for a
subsidised set-top box that will cost in the region of $7 and
a TV licence fee of approximately $5 a year, instead of
paying a monthly subscription fee. There will also be a pay
TV option for an additional cost.

As well as providing consumers with a broader range of
high-quality TV, including 30 channels with digital
quality picture and sound, the new digital TV service will
help to underpin growth and job creation in the
manufacturing, advertising and TV production industries. All
the set top boxes and associated technology will be built in
Nigeria and the new service is expected to drive demand for
locally-produced content.

The adoption of digital TV will also benefit the Nigerian
economy, as it will help to drive diversification from oil to
the media and communications industry, while providing the
Government with the opportunity to sell off c.$1bn of spare
spectrum, as digital channels take up much less spectrum
than analogue ones.

Among those losing out will be DVD pirates, as ‘Free TV”s
channels are encrypted, so money that could have been
skimmed off by pirates can go back into Nollywood and
Nigeria’s media industry instead (estimated at c.$250m per
annum).
Nick Markham, Chairman of Inview, said: “Free TV’ will
bring a world of great entertainment to millions of Nigerians
and, thanks to the agreement with Inview, it will all be
delivered at an affordable price.

At Inview, we have been developing expertise in the mass adoption of digital TV for
over 15 years which means we have an unrivalled level of
technical, commercial and operational expertise that makes
us the ideal partner for this sort of project and others that
we are working on in territories around the world.”
You can check their site out: freetv.ng/
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/freetvng

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Jetjacky(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
samsobo24:
It means no one would be able to watch Analog TV ,this simply means no station in the country will broadcast its signals with transmitters, signals will be broadcasted through the governments national digital platform ( NBC's free TV). When the Launch is done ,you won't be able to watch TV until you have your set up box.
Video on demand is a medium whereby video content can be sourced for, simply with your . This means you can watch a new Nollywood anytime like UK's Netflix and Nigeria's Iroko TV

.”
You can check their site out: freetv.ng/
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/freetvng
Thanks bro for taking your time to e me this. I believe this is really a great step, however I have one question: will this free TV offer us the usual foreign channels we do enjoy from these private TV broadcasting platforms, along side our home channels? Please answer me.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jetjacky:
Thanks bro for taking your time to e me this. I believe this is really a great step, however I have one question: will this free TV offer us the usual foreign channels we do enjoy from these private TV broadcasting platforms, along side our home channels? Please answer me.
Yes Sure, Even CNBC africa and Kwese free sports from Kenya is on it presently, it airs the EPL . I read a tweet that CNN, CNBC, and I think maybe Fox said they are interested in it, which means there is high probability that the next phase of the switch over might have international stations, at least if not up or more than 20 stations altogether. Kaduna will switch over any day from now and kwara because the infrastructures are already done there.

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jetjacky:
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Jetjacky(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
samsobo24:
Yes Sure, Even CNBC africa and Kwese free sports from Kenya is on it presently, it airs the EPL . I read a tweet that CNN, CNBC, and I think maybe Fox said they are interested in it, which means there is high probability that the next phase of the switch over might have international stations, at least if not up or more than 20 stations altogether. Kaduna will switch over any day from now and kwara because the infrastructures are already done there.
cool! Let it branch east and south soon
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by samsobo24(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
Jetjacky:
cool! Let it branch east and south soon
6 states are supposed to be switched over simultaneously: osun,kwara,Enugu,Kaduna,Go be and delta. I think the one they are through with is Kaduna and kwara because the States have been flagged up remaining the switch over.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by VTPASS: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2017
Stay connected to your GOtv by using https://www.vtpass.com/gotv to renew, subscribe and make simple payments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: A Vehicle Of Lust And Sexual Temptation / Bbnaija: Tboss, Debbie-rise, Bally And Marvis Nominated For Eviction / Whitemoney, Liquorose, Queen, Saskay, Jackie B, Jaypaul, Saga Up For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.