Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos (3921 Views)

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by wanimo: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2017
The biggest mistake the northerners will make is to pick up a fight with Biafrans in this 2017. It would be an error if they assume that the Nigeria of 1967 is the same with the Nigeria of 2017. As at today, the lies and deceit which Nigeria has been dwelling on has been laid bare, thanks to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. These northerners have been beating drums of war against igbos without thinking about the consequences of such an action.

The Nigerian civil war of 1967 was a war of a country divided into 2. If there should be another war today, it's going to be much more complicated. The middle beltans, the Yorubas, the Southern Riverine ethnic nationalities would never again fight under a united umbrella called Nigeria. The slightest eruption of violence will see the balkanization of Nigerian into not less than 4 entities.

In the recent past, people of many ethnic groups aside those of the core north have come to identify with Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB, pledging their support. Many others have openly denounced their alliances with the north should Nigeria ever be faced with disintegration.

The core northerners who are beating these drums of war, are basking on the belief that they are in control of all the armed apparatuses of Nigeria at the moment. They feel that they have the capacity to unleash violence and destruction on any dissenting voices in the country. However, it's obvious that they are in for a lot of surprises. They shall witness an unprecedented level of desertion, defection and sabotage this time around. The table shall turn should they decide to take the route of violence and destruction.

In an event of war, igbos would surely band together and fight for survival, discarding all their differences. In as much as we expect to have a few saboteurs in our midst, we shall overcome through a unified majority as war is no respecter of class, status, wealth or poverty. The worst that would happen is that many rich people will flee with their families and this shall not be peculiar to igbo land alone. All the regions and ethnic groups shall experience a similar fate.

Many others ethnic nationalities would seize the opportunity to break free from this bondage of a country called Nigeria. The core north as they are right now, without the support of the middle belt and the Yorubas do not have the capacity to engage Biafrans in a war. The support Nigeria enjoyed from her European colonial masters in 1967, shall surely be missed this time around.

The north shall be worse of as their economy shall crash in a matter of months. They shall automatically become landlocked while battling terrorism​ and insurgency in a time of warfare. Their huge population of uneducated youths shall surely rise against their elites. Within a period less than 2 years, the north would only be comparable to Somali or Afghanistan. The greed and arrogance of these northern elites shall be their greatest undoing.

However, all these are clearly avoidable. The Nigerian state must tow the lane of honor and listen to the voice of reason. Conduct a referendum or call all groups together and renegotiate the unity of Nigeria. It's obvious that we Biafrans are not calling for a war. We have maintained a very peaceful disposition in our expression of our inalienable rights to self determination.

We want a referendum and not war, and we shall not stop our agitation until our demands for a referendum are met. We are Biafrans.

Biafra or nothing

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Josephjnr(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Obviously, you are not a soldier. War requires number and above all,determination. The most determined set of people in Nigeria are northerners. 100people who are determined to die are more dangerous than 1000 people who are fighting for benefits.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by stevnwigw: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2017
Igbos wont waste their time engaging this people in physical combate, we know what to do.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by pitraf: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2017
hmm
Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ificatchmodeh: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2017
naija no go fight any war again.. we don grow pass that level..

anything War.. the name "Nigeria" will extinct
Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ESDKING: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2017
No country on earth has survived second civil war to be united. Anything war again is immediate break up.

That's why some intelligent people that are benefiting from one Nigeria are struggling to avoid that because they are aware of the consequences. This time around, winners or losers won't be considered again. The only option that will be left is immediate disintegration.

No dialogue, negotiation or begging will stop it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Isoko1stSon(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2017
Josephjnr:
Obviously, you are not a soldier. War requires number and above all,determination. The most determined set of people in Nigeria are northerners. 100people who are determined to die are more dangerous than 1000 people who are fighting for benefits.

Over Confidence On The Above I'll Be A Great undoing

19 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by booblacain(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Josephjnr:
did the biafrans in 1967 fight for benefit?

17 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by orisa37: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2017
The North is Arab and so uncivilised even in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Josephjnr(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2017
booblacain:
did the biafrans in 1967 fight for benefit?

A typical Igbo man is not selfless and lack understand of his own inability. The notable men in Biafra fought for selfish reason forcing the poor into suffering and people agitating for Biafra now are still doing it for selfish reason and still don't know their own strength and weakness.

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by kettykin: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2017
Josephjnr:
I seriously hope you realise that the bulk of the people who fought in the war were middle belters and not hausa fulani, and much of mercenaries used were from Chad , sothe Hausa Fulani can not do much than attack igbos living in the North or use the cover of the military to attck the east like they have been doing wuth their herdsmen

18 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by NLandIsHypocrit: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2017
The Arewas has done everything within their ability to implant the seed of fear and intimidation in us by trying to remind us about the horrific casualties against our people occasioned by the last genocidal war in the 60s. They also tried to educate us that if only we had 1% practical experiences of the war, we wouldn't have been talking about Biafra restoration again. But one thing they failed to understand is that even in the 60s where there were little or no technical or war equipments and with no International backup in our disposal, our fathers in the face of heavy intimidations stood their ground and held down the the Nigeria government with their International allies for three whole years undefeated. Even my own father went to war at the age of 16 and came back with two bullets in his leg, that bullets remained in his left leg until he died 21 years ago. Today I'm in my mid 30s and someone is trying to threaten me with war that my father had gone at the age of 16 and came back? What could they be thinking? That they've got mercenaries and we've got none? For me, I don't take October 1 for a mere threats, I'm already preparing for any eventuality when ever we are called to defend our Motherland, I won't give them notions. they will surely get more than they ever bargained for.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ProWalker: 11:58am On Aug 15, 2017
You Igbos wake up everyday to look for who to hate or insult!
Una no dey tire abi dem swear for una ?
Trouble makers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by brize(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
ProWalker:
You Igbos wake up everyday to look for who to hate or insult!
Una no dey tire abi dem swear for una ?
Trouble makers
Ewu hausa

19 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by madenigga(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
All these ipob touts way no want get sense.

Buhari go soon come back o

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by timecapsule: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
With this technical knock out Biafra have won this second war without wasting any bullet.
A man's gift maketh a way for him!

3 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
This, to me, is unity-beging by style. Everybody knows there is no unity in this country and no love lost either. Every tribe has it's own homeland. If they ask you to leave their land for yours because your ask for your own country, why the shouting match ? Simply relocate to your homeland to demonstrate your seriousness of intention.
You keep over-flogging the stale story that this is not 1966/67. Who do you expect to fight with the class of weapons of 1967 in this era ? The market for modern sophisticated weapons is open to all and sundry and not just you alone. Ditto for modern techniques of warfare.
If you think you can use that line to threaten anybody, you are the bigger fool. Matter of fact, i consider those that use this line as cowards who are scared to hell.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ProWalker: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
brize:
Ewu hausa

Well, I can't feel insulted by an idiotic pig whose opinion I don't value..like you

4 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ojukwu boasted more than this. When he could no longer face the heat, he developed a cold feet, cowardly dressed like a suzzy, and fled to Togo.

Moral - don't boast. Empty vessels make the most noise.

5 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by NLandIsHypocrit: 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Josephjnr:
Obviously you're a soldier and veteran but you sound like a coward, you're talking about those who are determined to die because you know that those you thought to be ready to die are all animals that does not know that they have life to live, and you think we'll continue to cash in on such delusion? Let me remind you that thousands IPOB members have been killed and yet 100s new members are recorded on daily basis. I was motivated to join IPOB when I witnessed my fellow young blood being gunned down right before me in a rally I joined without being an IPOB member. Many have been killed but millions are still trooping out to be killed anytime they're commanded to come out. You're in for a big shock in your imaginary thinking.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ofai: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
A fool at 40 is a fool forever. NIGERIA is over 40 years old...Still it has learnt nothing economically and politically. NIGERIA won't change until there is either restructuring or Confederacy.

For me, biafra is the best option for progressive easterners.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Requiem18(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
E warriors again.... The op might be one the dumbest pieces of crap I've seen in my life. You really have no idea how war works do you?. If a war erupted everyone in this damn country would lose. Have you not seen Liberia?. A country that was doing so well until shii hit the fan. And the idiot talking about modern weapons and how available it will be... What drugs are you on? . Do you think you will be safe if a civil war broke out?. The stupidity of people sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ofai: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
Obviously you're a soldier and veteran but you sound like a coward, you're talking about those who are determined to die because you know that those you thought to be ready to die are all animals that does not know that they have life to live, and you think we'll continue to cash in on such delusion? Let me remind you that thousands IPOB members have been killed and yet 100s new members are recorded on daily basis. I was motivated to join IPOB when I witnessed my fellow young blood being gunned down right before me in a rally I joined without being an IPOB member. Many have been killed but millions are still trooping out to be killed anytime they're commanded to come out. You're in for a big shock in your imaginary thinking.

Don't mind the fried brains here. They have nothing upstairs

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Josephjnr(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:

Coward is the name you gave me but that's not who I am. I see you are using the only tool Biafra agitators have:using irrelevant approaches. Kalu has insulted enough of his betters just like you are doing now but here we are. You will continue your irrelevant moves till you die and hand over the agitation to your children. Actualization of Biafra is not what you get by threatening and insulting people greater than you.First law of power "never outshine the master."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Dereformer(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by CrtlAltDel: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
this is how Idiots Pigs of biafra rolls....chest beating but at the end of the day
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5808335_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

7 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Requiem18(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
this is how Idiots Pigs of biafra rolls....chest beating but at the end of the day
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5808335_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd
Hahahahahha....ffs man I was drinking something!!

1 Like

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by conductor1010: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
Continue sharing before and after olori and her boyfriend scene wink

6 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Sagay212: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Anybody starting a war will be making a big mistake because both sides will be greatly affected. If the USA for example starts a war with North Korea, both sides will be affected. That's the reason people always look for better ways to solve conflicts.
Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by NLandIsHypocrit: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
Josephjnr:

You will continue your irrelevant moves till you die and hand over the agitation to your children."
Don't worry about when and how Biafra will be restored because it's beyond your little or no brain for comprehension. I was only trying to address your incessant noises for war as if you've got the monopoly for violence. They may initiate the madness, but we're bound to bring them to their knees.

8 Likes

Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by ProWalker: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sagay212:
Anybody starting a war will be making a big mistake because both sides will be greatly affected. If the USA for example starts a war with North Korea, both sides will be affected. That's the reason people always look for better ways to solve conflicts.

USA have no problem attacking North Korea, but for for it allies in that region such as South Korea (North Korea have a missile system that is specifically developed and targeted at Seoul), Japan and Guam.
Re: The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos by Josephjnr(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
Don't worry about when and how Biafra will be restored because it's beyond your little or no brain for comprehension. I was only trying to address your incessant noises for war as if you've got the monopoly for violence. They may initiate the madness, but we're bound to bring them to their knees.

Delusion of grandiosity.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Trashes Buhari In Many Polling Units In Akwa Ibom / An Argument For The Economic Viability Of Alaigbo / Ugwuanyi Felicitates With Boss Mustapha On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.