Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up (619 Views)

Orji Kalu Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (Photos) / Atiku: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President / Evil Wife Of My Son And Chief Olusegun Obasanjo - Mrs Taiwo Obasanjo Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by seegi(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
A former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has opened up about how Abdulsalami Abubakar and others worked to bring him in as president.

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, a former Nigerian President, yesterday, said he would continue to remain grateful to God and ex-Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd), for bringing him out of jail and conspired with others to make him President.

According to Vanguard, speaking on the sideline of the Niger State Investment Summit in Minna, Obasanjo said he had been tortured in his life but was eventually brought out of the pains later.

He said: “In my life, I have been tortured and when I was enjoying myself in the prison but in a bitter way, Gen. Abdulsalami pulled me out of the prison, pardoned me for an offence which I did not commit.

“Not only that, he also later conspired with others to take me to Abuja and the rest is now history.”

The former President said he would remain grateful to Gen. Abdulsalami for the honour done him and for saving his life.

>>>>> https://www.naijamouthed.ng/forum/general/news/13788-how-abdulsalami-conspired-with-others-to-make-me-president-obasanjo-opens-up

lalasticlala
Mynd4
Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by dollarcoolcat(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Baba himself, thankGod he stylishly admitted they rig election 4him.
Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by LionDeLeo: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
God bless the most successful leader and elder statesman in Nigeria, Gen Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd).

3 Likes

Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by TippyTop(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
For all intent and purposes Abdulsalami is good man but to a fault. This same Abdulsalami also brought In the Dullard but see where it got us. I just hope Abdulsalami is able to redeem himself by not bringing in old and expired military leaders again.
Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by Tolexander: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
dollarcoolcat:
Baba himself, thankGod he stylishly admitted they rig election 4him.
He didn't say the election was rigged for him.
All he said is that, the election was perfected for him.
Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by doyinisaac(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:
God bless the most successful leader and elder statesman in Nigeria, Gen Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd).

Re: How Abdulsalami Conspired With Others To Make Me President - Obasanjo Opens Up by dollarcoolcat(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Tolexander:
He didn't say the election was rigged for him.
All he said is that, the election was perfected for him.

Remember abdulsalam was in power, is he suppose to be invlove in perfecting an election for a candidate in a time he was pretendin to be neutral in a democratic free&fair election??

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Looms In PDP As South-West Exco Sues Makarfi / A Question Someone Asks Me Has Been Bothering Me. / Where Are Those That Said, Buhari Is Long Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.