Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul (3022 Views)

I Handed All My Cheque Books To My Wife — Renowned Gospel Musician, Panam Percy / Lota Chukwu "Kiki": 15 Things You Never Knew About Jenifas Diary Actress / 5 Things You Never Knew About Miss Anambra 2015 Whose Sex Video Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by Ordinarymuyiwa: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
1. Panam Percy Paul is arguably the most prolific gospel musician ever out of Nigeria

2. Panam's real/full names are Bakulipanam Percy Paul Mokungah

3. Panam hails from Mbula in Demsa L.G.A in Adamawa State but resides inJos, Plateau State, Nigeria

4. Panam is 60 years old and has been actively into gospel music for 43 years

5. Panam was born to Major Paul Harley, an officer in the Nigerian Army, and composer Paulina Paul Mokungah, both of the Lutheran Church

6. Panam's late elder brother, Philip Mokungah was the founder of Oasis of Love Church in Jos, Plateau State

7. Panam's father disowned him at age 19 and removed his name from his will for becoming a gospel musician rather than joining the Nigerian Army

8. Panam has released 14 albums

9. Panam's first recorded album was in 1976

10. "Bring Down the Glory 1" and 'Bring Down the Glory 2" are among his greatest hits

11. In preparation for the release of "Bring Down the Glory 1",he rehearsed for 27 straight hours at a point, three weeks at a time with very little sleep and also went one and a half years (May 1984 to December 12th 1986) without food while only drinking water and Lucozade boost

12. "Nigeria I love you", "Master of the Universe", "Return" and his latest-"Throne of Grace (Bring down your Glory 5)" are some of his other hits

13. In September 6, 1993, he gave a concert at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, New York City and previously in 1967 he had watched, on television, James Brown performing at that same theatre and promised himself that, one day, he would be on that stage

14. Panam is widely read and has three doctorate degrees - in sound, music and philosophy

15. Some of his numerous(20) awards include the:# 1992 FAME Gospel Music Award-Best Vocalist of the Year# 1995 BMI Music Award-Artist of the Year and# 2014 Crystal Awards-Crystal Lifetime Achievement Award

16. Panam NEVER sings collabos with secular artistes

Cc:Seun,Mynd44,lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by Seguntimmy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Morals?
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by mikky4764(f): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
I will forever love this man's music
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by ibkkk(f): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nice one!
I love his songs.
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by tammyboy1(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
kinging....
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by Houseofglam7(f): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
Front page worthy!!!!
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by NwaOhafia: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Papa panam
Re: Things You Never Knew About Panam Percy Paul by Rashdimuh(m): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Never knew he was Nigerian until when I became an adult, I remember my dad bought his casetttes and also Magic system men childhood was fun feeling nostalgic

(1) (Reply)

Adoable Photo Of Ramsey Noah And Genevieve Nnaji Relaxing At The Beach Side / Viral Pre-wedding Photo Send Tongues Wagging On Social Media / BBNaija Couple, Teddy A And Bambam Share Cute Photos As They Fly Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.