Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

A 16-year-old Girl Left A Cryptic ‘help Me’ Note In Her Room That Was Discovered - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A 16-year-old Girl Left A Cryptic ‘help Me’ Note In Her Room That Was Discovered (1160 Views)

Woman Kills Neighbour For Looking Inside Her Room In Rivers State / Lady Escapes Being Hit By Stray Bullet In Her Room (Photos) / Ghanaian Principal Caught Having Sex With A 16-Year-Old Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A 16-year-old Girl Left A Cryptic ‘help Me’ Note In Her Room That Was Discovered by nneamaka114: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
It was found by her sister Amy Cousin, 27, amongst her possessions in her room at her in Misterton in Nottinghamshire.
The 16-year-old’s body was discovered in a nearby woodland lane by Amy’s boyfriend after a massive search was launched to find her after she went missing.
Her mother, Helen Cousin, 46, believes her daughter was depressed and took her own life.

She now wants to help train teachers and school staff on how to deal with depression and suicidal thoughts in young people by working with and fundraising for suicide prevention charity Papyrus.
She said she had no idea that Maisie, who was expecting her GCSE results this month, was depressed.
She said: ‘I never thought she would do this. We were very close and she was always by my side. I really thought she could talk to me about anything.
‘I had no idea she was hiding these feelings and I hope that I can just help other teenagers now to speak to someone before it is too late.’
Maisie died on June 19 after going missing while taking the dog for a walk.

She had decided not to attended an optional school leavers’ assembly and had spent the morning with Amy and her nephew Joel, three, and niece Scarlett, nine months.
Maisie told her sister she was going to the shop to buy some cookies but, instead, she went home and took the family dog Diesel for a walk.
Helen had seen her around 3pm that afternoon walking across the fields near the primary school where she worked.
But when she got home at 5.30pm she was not there. An hour later she received a text off Maisie’s best friend saying she was concerned as she hadn’t heard from her all day.

Her father, Mick, who lives nearby, also hadn’t heard from her so Helen phoned the police to report her missing.
A large search party was organised and at 5am, Amy’s partner Liam Hunter, 24, was on the phone to Helen, when he discovered Maisie’s body in a lane, only a few minutes from their house.
The next day, Amy was looking through the things Maisie had left in her bedroom and discovered the note, carrying the two opposing messages and showed it to her mum when she got home.
Helen said: ‘I couldn’t stop thinking about the note. There are kids out there, like Maisie, who don’t talk about their problems or seem to be upset. This summed it up for me.’
She decided she wanted to do something positive with the note and approached the Lapel Pin Company which made 750 badges.
Within days of their arrival, they had all gone and Helen is now using their sale to raise money for Papyrus.
see more
http://www.nowayobloggers.com/news/a-16-year-old-girl-left-cryptic-help-me-note-in-her-room-that-was-discovered-just-hours-after-she-died-in-an-apparent-suicide

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] Brazilian Woman Strips N@ked, Attacks Car Dealer’s House Over Faulty Car / I Stand With Sharifah Yunus / UPDATE : The Flogger Has Been Jailed 9 Years In Prison. See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.