Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Certification In Pipeline Tech Or Masters Degree? Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Certification In Pipeline Tech Or Masters Degree? Advice Needed (520 Views)

Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Please Mphil Or Masters Phd / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Certification In Pipeline Tech Or Masters Degree? Advice Needed by Apina(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please I'm in dire need of positive and informed advise. I'm a graduate of philosophy and have been meaning to go for a masters degree(MSC). I recently stumbled on a certification course online from a federal university with minimum requirement of a school cert result in the sciences and luckily enough I wrote my school cert as a science student and passed with flying colors, which though doesn't explain my choice of course in the university was as a result of some circumstances which I had little or no control over.

I know of individuals with no university degree or certification earning 6 digit figures as salary from working in the shipping/oil industry as a result of their technical know how in such terrain. I "FEEL" running an MSC with over 400k for an estimated two year period with no skill attached will be penny wise pound foolish compared to running a certification course on pipeline technology/pipeline logistics/shipping management etc which is more or less acquiring a skill within that sector that is constantly expanding and getting to source for work as an intern in the above industries for a year or two with less amount to spend.

But my feelings aren't tantamount to knowledge or experience within this field and that's why I need the advice of the experts in the house,Taking into consideration my first degree and on the merits and demerits of taking such a bold step. No man is an island of knowledge and that's why I'm here,please no need for insults cos insulting me would only take up the available space for those with something meaningful to say. Thanks

Seun, mynd, lalasticlacla please help me move this to front-page.

1 Like

Re: Certification In Pipeline Tech Or Masters Degree? Advice Needed by Apina(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2017
Over 30 views and not even one comment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Word Fact: Alright Vs. All Right - Are You Confused?? / Mass Failure Looms In UNIOSUN, As Students Write Examination Amid Tension / Adekunle Ajasin University Putme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.