Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Understanding Charly Boy's #ourmumudondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding Charly Boy's #ourmumudondo (413 Views)

Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Charly Boy #OurMumuDonDo Suspends "Buhari Resume Or Resign" Protest / Ladies Join Topless Protest In Lagos #OurMumuDonDo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Charly Boy's #ourmumudondo by netozii(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
Unless We Place The Need Of The Society Before Our Own Interest, Both We And The Society Will Perish In Our Suicidal Short-Sightedness.

The biggest challenge before a Nigerian youth is that he doesn't see Nigeria as his own. To him, the ownership of this country can be defined with the term 'Turn by Turn'. His whole understanding tells him that until he mounts the mantle, he is not a stakeholder in this entity called Nigeria. Pity. We are totally disconnected from the heart of the only nation we can call our own. This perception is broadly known as MUMU.

Let me break it down: Mumu is when you see the relatives of your Governor graduating from foreign Universities and the University in your state is on strike. Instead of being angry, you envy them.

Mumu is when you have no trust in the state's healthcare because you know that Government hospitals are ill equipped, and in your solitude wishes you could afford a trip outside Nigeria - medical tourism. Who do you blame? your stars - for not bringing fortune - or the government that denies you an average health care?

How many souls have we lost on the death traps we call roads? How many people die while seeking jobs? Who do we blame? Our destiny or our rulers?

I will like us to see what is happening in Nigeria from another angle:
Assuming you have a company and you employed a manager this January; if that manager takes permission and stays for 50days (Almost 2 months) in a hospital, then comes back. After some weeks he returns to the hospital and for over a hundred days (3 months), you are yet to see him, tell yourselves the truth, 'What will be your next action?'

Sentiments apart, I will tell that manager that my company is suffering. If he cannot resume, he should just quit and take care of his health. His health is greater and more worthwhile than the company. why neglect the gift of good health? I will take my company back.

Our Mumu Don Do is a clarion call. Let's take our company: Nigeria back. Most people that want the President to remotely rule this country cannot defend their decision rationally. Charly Boy is better off than 99% of us. He is not fighting for his household. He is fighting for me and you. What happened today in Wuse Market calls for sober reflection and sympathy towards Charly Boy. He was nearly lynched. His car totaled. He is human, he knew his life is on the line. But he wants us to wake up and say Our Mumu Don Do. Think about this piece.

To President Buhari I say: 'Get Well Soon,' but the noble options before you are '#ResumeOrResign.'

God bless Nigerian Youths. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Charly Boy's #ourmumudondo by blackfase(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sublime piece! A great percentage of d zoos youths have totally lost it. Their capacity to reason and process their despicable surroundings, their docility in challenging the status quo and its attendant consequences are just a fraction of their folly, but the most disturbing is the fact they'd still come out in blazing fury, kamikaze style, holding brief for the very monsters in firm grip of their destinies in perpetual turbulence. Watch as they come for the writer of this piece.....

1 Like

Re: Understanding Charly Boy's #ourmumudondo by blackfase(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2017

(1) (Reply)

INVESTIGATION: Corruption, Extortion Reign At Nigeria Immigration Passport Offic / Nigeria Unity Is Settlednot Debatable & Negotiable... President Muhammadu Buhari / Oyo State Listed Registration Point For Health Insurance Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.