Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

72 Virgins Issue - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 72 Virgins Issue (2435 Views)

Do Muslims Believe That They Get 72 Virgins In Heaven? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

72 Virgins Issue by ronkeenuf(f): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
The chanting of '72 virgins' is ever so close to the lips of the non muslims in their effort to justify the muslims act of jihad, hence for a while now, I have been searching for the proclamation of 72 virgins in the Quran and hadiths and have not found it. What.s in the Quran is the promise of virgins to men of truth and righteousness, no particular number mentioned. i.e.,

38:51) Therein will they recline (at ease): Therein can they call (at pleasure) for fruit in abundance, and (delicious) drink;
38:52) And beside them will be chaste women restraining their glances, (companions) of equal age.
38:53) Such is the Promise made, to you for the Day of Account!

Where exactly did they get this theory from?
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by alimat2(f): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
i wonder ooooo undecided
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
maybe u didnt search hard enuff!! grin

Al-Hasan Al-Basri says that an old woman came to the messenger of Allah and made a request, O’ Messenger of Allah make Dua that Allah grants me entrance into Jannah. The messenger of Allah replied, O’ Mother, an old woman cannot enter Jannah. That woman started crying and began to leave. The messenger of Allah said, Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Jannah young virgins. Allah Ta’aala says, Lo! We have created them a (new) creation and made them virgins, lovers, equal in age. (Surah Waaqi’ah, 35-37).

"[Muhammad] was heard say: "The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from [Damascus] to San'a".

1 Like

Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
Every sane member of NL especially those of us who visit Religion and this section wonders. Look at these fresh threads on the stuff:

Does The Koran Really Promise Islamic Martyrs 72 Virgins?
70 Virgins In Paradise

Won't these people ever get tired? None of them ever prove or ever have a good try to establish that myth.

What they always can't understand is that: There is a clear difference between a suicide bombing and being martyred in the course of a Jihad, or "Holy War". They, again, don't have any knowledge of what is Jihad and how it's carried out.

Pity. Bored. Fled.  cheesy
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2010
speak for yourself and the people you know,i should be asking you why it is that you people always find it convenient to deem negatives in islam non existent or myth e.t.c

we know there is a difference between suicide bombing and being martyred but it doesnt lessen the wickedness of your religion and your soldiers of allah after all being martyred is still the same thing with a different name so?
same as "holy" war(yea right)
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^ What exactly are you trying to say?
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
i am trying to say is that this hadith is as credible as all the others,the fact that it points out one of the most embarassing reasons for islamic martydom shouldnt make you muslims now deem it as unreliable the same way you have deemed the satanic verses.
i also state further that the fact that there are differences in the meanings you have posted does not make it any more evil the actions your brothers and sisters are undertaking on behalf of your religion
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
Then, as an academic, prove that beyond shadow of doubt. Waiting. . .lol grin

Your cohorts on those threads flatly fail to do that; am therefore waiting to see your trial.
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
muhsin:

Then, as an academic, prove that beyond shadow of doubt. Waiting. . .lol grin

Your cohorts on those threads flatly fail to do that; am therefore waiting to see your trial.
there is nothing to prove that your hadiths and quran and sunnas have not written by themselves already
all i am saying is that you should not say some are reliable and some are not because they are all either reliable or all unreliable
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by Abuzola1(m): 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2010
Godslave- who do you think you are, isnad narrator use to proclaim a weak hadith and sound one. They detect it through the chain of narrator. So whats ur problem, Abu Dawud and tirmdhi the narrator of the 72 virgin all clarify weak hadith and false. It pains me when i argue with a person who doesn't have islamic background, this is my main reason why i drag the xtrian section down the mud
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by ronkeenuf(f): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2010
muhsin:

Won't these people ever get tired? None of them ever prove or ever have a good try to establish that myth.

What they always can't understand is that: There is a clear difference between a suicide bombing and being martyred in the course of a Jihad, or "Holy War". They, again, don't have any knowledge of what is Jihad and how it's carried out.

Pity. Bored. Fled.  cheesy

Abi o
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola !:

Godslave- who do you think you are, isnad narrator use to proclaim a weak hadith and sound one. They detect it through the chain of narrator. So whats your problem, Abu Dawud and tirmdhi the narrator of the 72 virgin all clarify weak hadith and false. It pains me when i argue with a person who doesn't have islamic background, this is my main reason why i drag the xtrian section down the mud
of course i know that your scholars detect the reliable from the unreliable by a process of elimination in order to show your ignorance of your own religion do you realise that this method is not fool proof because there is no conclusive archeological or antropological records showing that these supposed unreliable hadiths are indeed so, its like an old man telling you that a particular folklore is wrong simply because he was around for longer and happened to have traced the origins of the story to a particular extent without getting to the main origins
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
Godslave,

Don't be that naive. Let this matter rests. . .so much better for you. cheesy
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
muhsin:

Godslave,

Don't be that naive. Let this matter rests. . .so much better for you. cheesy
are you threatening me?
oh sorry you were i forgot you r a muslim but my comments still stand though grin
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by luvola(m): 5:27am On Feb 19, 2010
@ abuzombi hisbolah - dey need u in afghanistan now .rem d 72 virgins u go Bleep for hell
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by btlasisi(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2010
@GODSON2009 ,

I do not know what you realy driving at.

Have you read about how xtians scholars arrived at different number of books from different version of bible?

Read the history shortly before king james and after king james (read the events from 1560 to 1750)
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by GODSON2009(m): 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2010
btlasisi:

@GODSON2009 ,

I do not know what you realy driving at.

Have you read about how xtians scholars arrived at different number of books from different version of bible?

Read the history shortly before king james and after king james (read the events from 1560 to 1750)
clarify and marshall your points together then i can answer you properly, on the question of contradictions your mohammad made a lot of it starting with the satanic verses,abrogations e.t.c grin
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by manmustwac(m): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2010
'

Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
GODSON2009:

are you threatening me?
oh sorry you were i forgot you r a muslim but my comments still stand though grin

How exactly? Don't make a fool of yourself, dude. Play that on others. . .not Muhsin. cool
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by muhsin(m): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2010
@manmustwac,

I wish you could do more sensibly than that.
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
What I do not understandis what is the attraction of having 72 virgins

Afterall they cannot remain virgins once you have slept with them. I think I can better understand if they were called 72 wives.
Re: 72 Virgins Issue by golpen(m): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
GODSON2009: maybe u didnt search hard enuff!! grin

Al-Hasan Al-Basri says that an old woman came to the messenger of Allah and made a request, O’ Messenger of Allah make Dua that Allah grants me entrance into Jannah. The messenger of Allah replied, O’ Mother, an old woman cannot enter Jannah. That woman started crying and began to leave. The messenger of Allah said, Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Jannah young virgins. Allah Ta’aala says, Lo! We have created them a (new) creation and made them virgins, lovers, equal in age. (Surah Waaqi’ah, 35-37).

"[Muhammad] was heard say: "The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from [Damascus] to San'a".

Can you please help with the reference of the hadith quoted above?..

(1) (Reply)

How Devoted Are You To Salat? / A Tree With Allah Written On It [see Photo] / The Miserable SUFI And Their Sunnah Claimed Defenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.