Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story (2290 Views)

Tell A Lie About The Person Above You ... / Tell A Lie (part 2) / Tell A Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 2:10am On Feb 11, 2007
Let's construct a story by adding a paragraph (not more than 2 lines) each. When the story ends begin another one. You may wish to develop the story by adding detail about family, school, religion, class etc. If it feels like your story add facts otherwise add fiction that will move the story forward.

Let the story begin:

Once upon a time, there lived an innocent boy who dreamt to see the world though locked up in a mud hut beneath the rocks.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by Damsal(f): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2007
He wondered what life on the other side of the rocks must be like, he'd heard stories of children going to school, big houses and cars. And then one day he decided that it was about time to make that dream a reality. He was going to see the world.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 12:46am On Feb 22, 2007
So he went to the fortune teller, the blind one who see and asked her to tell him how he could reach into the skies and soar. The fortune teller asked him to pick a stone from the 12 lined up. After he gave it to her, she said "my son, there are 7 rivers you'll have to learn to swim in namely, knowlege, diligence, obedience, honesty, wisdom, humor and humility
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by foumaleka(f): 1:55am On Feb 22, 2007
He pondered over what she just said, and though he didnt really understand he thanked the blind lady and stood up to leave. On his way out he bumped into a girl, she was holding out a bag to him. He looked backed at the blind lady who said " Her name is Star and she will be your guide" He nodded, took the bag and looked at her as she walked out. Once they were outisde Star asked."What is your name?"
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 2:31am On Feb 22, 2007
An innocent boy said to Star,"what a nice name?" He hoarsed then gulped to make sure his throat clearly answering her question, " my name is Fruit Spirit. Excuse me, do you mind that I peek the inside of the bag you gave me?"  Star said excitedly,"Oh sure, go ahead and look inside yourself". Curiously, he looked, put his right bare hand going inside the bag to gather something so peculiar touching things. As he pulled things to see, he was puzzled and politely asked Star,"what is this?"
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by foumaleka(f): 2:46am On Feb 22, 2007
" A survival kit" she laughed as she passed her fingers through her thick black long hair." Dont worry,
i will tell you when the time comes. As we journey together you will soon realise what these items are for." Friut spirit
kept the strange items in the bag reluctantly, though he was burning with curousity, he knew he had to be patient. They kept walking for like a mile and then stopped infront of
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by Free(f): 4:35am On Feb 22, 2007
hmmmm undecided
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2007
, they stopped in front of a huge mountain and Star said, I have to leave you now before the day breaks; as you know Stars only glow at night. But you will need the survival kit to make it to the top of the mountain. It will take you time to learn the skills to climb the mountain but if you go around the the mountain you'll meet the the deaf one who hears.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2007
Suddenly Fruit Spirit felt afraid at the same time sadly looking at Star whispering as she walked backward,"Don't be afraid, trust with your heart, mind, soul, and strength to use your survival kit. Don't forget about 7 rivers." He turned around looking at huge mountain then looked back at Star, she already disappeared no where to be found. He was all alone with survival kit he carry. The day already broke out but stars glowing very bright at night just like flashlights. So he started to walk following the path stars beaming at.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by bunmii(f): 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
and then it happened
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2007
as he tried to catch the last glimpse of Star he heard a loud roar, run, shout, pretend play, maybe its the deaf one who hears trying to play a smart one; he turned and what did he see a lion! Poised for attack. Transfixed to run, he dropped the survival kit and out came a bow and arrow, in his shaken state, he picked up the arrow and shot at the lion
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 12:37am On Feb 27, 2007
Lion fell dead on the ground, arrow struck lion's heart. Fruit Spirit's heart beat rapidly as he took deep breath and wiped his face off sweating. He turned and thumped something hard. It is rockslide mountain that he need to be climbed up. He catched the few glimpse of stars toward rockslides, there were several holes step up. Grabbed his survival kit, he pulled two strong Eagle feet that can hold rock-climbing steady. He started to climb,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 12:46am On Feb 27, 2007
Half way he remembered that Star had told him to go round the mountain. Silly you! he said to himself, you'll never see the world if you can't obey simply instructions as he turned to make his way back he lost his balance and came crashing down. Hours later he woke up screaming in a wooden bed. My son, relax, you must have had a bad dream. I'm the deaf one who hears, if you lay still enough I can listen to your mind and help you.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 1:29am On Feb 27, 2007
He already sat up on his wooden bed looking around the strange room at the same felt his body sweating. Deaf One says,"Calm down Fruit Spirit and you are pretty safe on the top of mountain" at the same time, wipe off his sweating forehead. Finally, he laid down his bed go back sleeping peacefully,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 5:14am On Feb 27, 2007
You've been asleep for 7 days. You must be hungry now.

After he finished a huge bowl of peppered snail he asked what was about the meal. The deaf one who hears said, you must learn to stop talking; I can't hear unless you are quiet. Talk less and meditate more. I can only hear your inner mind.

I have strengthened your body for the journey ahead with the pepper but you must learn to walk slowly like the snail to avoid death traps.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2007
He spoke soften, “Yes, Master Deaf One, I felt something funny!" All of sudden, his body began tingling all over. Deaf One said, “Fruit Spirit, GET OFF THE BED NOW, TAKE IT EASY!". He slowly got off the bed starting to walk very awkwardly.

However, no longer felt weakling, he laughed jumping up and down and, running around the room, felt like A SUPERMAN overcame from Krypton.

Suddenly the scenic changed like a magic, he stood outside feeling breezy warm air with long journey dirt trail toward river he can see few miles.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uzygirl(f): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2007
@uspry1 & Nite Angel
This is so good, I hate to break d flow.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2007
As he journeyed following the trail path. Suddenly he felt something on the ground rumbling and turned around seeing a flock of rhinos running the same path where he stood. He panicked, ran, and jumped into river. Rhinos still continued running toward river. The more he panicked, starting to swim all the way across the river unthinkable.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 6:00am On Mar 02, 2007
Thanks Uzygirl, join the flow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He got to the middle of the river and felt himself afloat. I am the Lame One Who Swims, "You no longer have the strength to swim, relax I will carry you carry you through and teach you to walk again. You did not complete your lesson with the Deaf One Who Ears but you need to learn to walk and swim better.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2007
While Lame One carried Fruit Spirit all the way to the end of the river bank, he felt relieved stop swimming, but braced himself. Arriving at the river bank, he awkwardly get up walking inbalance with feeling shivering cold.

Suddenly he was puzzled to see something moving toward to the river bank---flock of rhinos disappear no where. It was his survival kit landing at the end of the river bank, he thought lost it at the river. He picked it up and turned around wild forest surrounding him and seeing the burning bush, but the bush itself not really burn.

He heard the whispers of Deaf One and Lame One on his ears,"FOLLOW THE BURNING BUSH!".
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by bunmii(f): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2007
and he followed the burning bush, and he saw ---
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2007
He saw beside the burning bush, there is plenty of food to eat contains: eba soup with banana, pineapples and oranges, extra dry clothes, mud hut, and a stranger.

A stranger say,"My name is Plague One who can heal the sickness. Come on, Fruit Spirit take off your wet clothes to change extra clothes keeping you warm then come back to join with me."
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 4:12am On Mar 06, 2007
As he went to change his clothes he had his eyes on the food and the Plague hollered at him, "Be careful how much you eat in Plague's house" completing the sentence with an hysterical laugh.

He entered the room and found nice clothes that were exactly his size and then he thought of what Plague said and shrugged his shoulder saying "Even if I'm plagued I'm sure he'll heal me, there's no stopping me from eating my fill!"
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 5:56am On Mar 06, 2007
He ate all food too fast---because he was so starved to death and worn out, while listening Plague One to tell him a story about the river named "Knowledge" where he swam previously. He felt stuffed already.

All of sudden he felt so sick and panicked thinking,"I'm plagued already". He fainted.
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uzygirl(f): 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2007
He was in the river, the water was warm but he was shivering. His head was burning. He raised his hand to his face, felt the burning bush and screamed,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2007
He screamed, because he saw the image of "burning bush" that shaped like his exact image of his own face, floating in the air too close in the front of his face. It starled him.

He stood up clumsy realizing that he was on the boat in the middle of Knowledge river. It said,"I am so sorry to scare you, Fruit Spirit, my name is Knowledge One who knows and i will be your guide on your journey".
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 12:15am On Mar 12, 2007
He looked at knowledge and said "I'm tired of all this rigmaroling, I've been meeting strange people and eating strange meals and, ” Knowledge cut in with a loud laugh ", that's because you are in a strange dream land”. Knowledge gave out another bout of laughter and said "To see the world you must return to the land of the living. You have been roaming around in the dream land for 20 seasons; if you don't return to the land of the living by sunset of the 21’s season; your dream of seeing the world will become an illusion, " With another round of laughter he completed his sentence ", you will be buried and be like us!"

Fruit spirit became all white and tensed,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 4:58am On Mar 14, 2007
What must I do? said Fruit Spirit. "How come you never asked the question all the while. You must return; your dreams become alive when you live it, you must return home to act out your part!". With a loud voice Knowledge shouted "Close your eyes!" Afraid Fruit Spirit did. He blanked out as Knowledge struck him sharply across the chest.

He woke up to a loud noise and,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by foumaleka(f): 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2007
there was a comotion of people running and screaming. He shivered and looked around , he was in a coffin. He immediately jumped out of it and wiping his body as if there was some evil spirit clinging on to him. Everything looked strange and in a flash he now remebered where he was. He was in his village.He saw some people approach him, fearing he was a ghost, they held stones, ground, bible and holy water. Among them he saw a beautiful lady, her face so serene but stricken with sorrow and despair. It was star, as he started to call her, he suddenly remebered. No she wasnt Star, she was his sister. But he could have sworn she loked like star. The villagers called out, who are you, are you dead? What are you after? Go back to your grave, you are dead.? Friut Spiirit, raised up his hands in peace and said,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by uspry1(f): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2007
His voice startled the whole the villagers, Fruit Spirit said confused,"Where am I? and why i am in a coffin?" His sister who cried and also startled,"Fruit Spirit, are you alive?"

Fruit Spirt suddenly stood up from the coffin approaching toward his sister and said,
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by NiteAngel(m): 12:59am On Apr 07, 2007
, as he moved towards his sister, she moved back and he said "I'm Fruit Spirit, have you forgotten me so soon?" His sister shook her head and said "Oh my God! You've been there for so long, you've even forgotten your name or maybe you are just someone else."

He stood transfixed thinking; now I'm really going to be taken for a ghost. "Please don't run away, I'm your brother and, " "Okanlawon" the sister said, "Are you sure you are not a messenger from the land of the dead?" So that's my name, Okanlawon thought and said "No, I have returned to live and give wings to my dream"
Re: Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story by foumaleka(f): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2007
hey this if for the above posts, can you read the persons writing before yours and flow with it, you cant just change fruit spirits name like that. remember, the post before yours, His sister called him fruit spirit, where did okanl, come from, u need to convince the readers how the name fit in

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trivia With A Twist / Instagram Trolls Blast Linda Ikeji For Not Shaving Her HAIRY LEGS / Solve This Simple Mathematics If You Can....try It, If You Think You Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.