Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Power Of Cover Songs (upcoming Artists This Is For You) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Power Of Cover Songs (upcoming Artists This Is For You) (502 Views)

Promotion For New Songs (upcoming Artists ) At A Cheap Rate / The Power Of Cover Songs (upcoming Artists This Is For You) / Download Motivation Audio: The Power Of Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Cover Songs (upcoming Artists This Is For You) by Westlife2013(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2017
First I want to correct an impression. I dont believe in the term 'upcoming artist' its either you are an artist or not, shikena!!! Instead of using the word upcoming, I wud rather use the word 'underground' or 'unknown' or 'indie' which is a short form of 'independent'.

As an unknown artist in Nigeria, it is almost impossible to be noticed if you don't have connections or cash to promote yourself and this can be very discouraging most times. A lot of artists with potentials have quit music due to these challenges.

But I am here to tell you that there is a better and less difficult way to get more new fans and skyrocket your chance of being noticed in the music industry. Yes, it isn't new, its being happening even from the 80s till our time. That shortcut to fame is COVER SONGS.

What is a cover song? A cover song is a rerecorded version of a popular or non popular music. For example 'I have a dream' by Westlife was actually a cover song. It was originally sang by ABBA. Forever young by JayZ was also a cover song and lots more.

Please note that this doesn't say that you should stop recording your own songs. You should have your own songs, which is more like your CV. But record cover songs and promote it on social media will do you and your own songs a lot good.

Why record cover songs? Cover songs will give you new and more fanbase that will then want to hear your own songs.
HOW COME?
You may ask. For example you are doing a song by TUFACE, let's say 'African Queen' you are indirectly showcasing yourself to fans of Tuface. People would be curious to hear you out. Imagine you being a fan of Tuface and you are scrolling through Facebook then came across a post 'New Music: Smashy - My Lady' and the next post 'Music: Tuface - African Queen (Cover by Smashy)' I can boldly say that majority would go for the second post because it is a popular song so people would want to hear this new version hereby giving you new audience but mind you, this doesn't mean the first post is useless. Trust me, you need to do a cover song far more better than the original, it is allowed to change the style and do your own style and once you murder a cover song people will love you and ask or look for your own single to download too. A recent example is DESTINY BOY, who did a cover of davido's 'If'.

Never doubt the power of cover songs, make sure its a trending or popular song and people will be more interested. Get a Facebook fanpage for yourself. while promoting a cover song make sure your official single is pinned at the top of your page. Never let anyone discourage you, most people close to you will say your are promoting another mans job, do your own job, please do not listen to them, yes you are actually promoting another mans job while holding that mans hand and promoting both of you. If you are standing far away frm tuface in a gathering people will focus on the celeb and none will notice or even see you but if you are standing with tuface and holding his hand people will see both of you and wanna know what your relationship is with tuface that is how a cover song works.

Check out a nairalander who did a cover of RunTown's Mad Over You and within a week, he got 26k plus views on facebook
and still counting.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1404613396258690&id=894594897260545

Feel free to drop your comments and questions. Cheers!!!

(1) (Reply)

Reminisce – Ponmile (remake By Endeetone) / Download On Repeat – Saint Pee Ft. DJ Kentalky / [music] Amixiah – Caro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.