Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep (39457 Views)

Olatunji Abel Dies In His Sleep (Kwara Commissioner) / Adnan Bostaji Is Dead! Saudi Arabia Ambassador To Nigeria Dies In His Sleep / Captain Francis Osakwe Ferried Odumegwu Ojukwu To Safety (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by chigo003(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
Village people still using mirror and bowel of water technology RIP
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by wilcox(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
RIP
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by Emmaskill(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
Rest in peace if u re free from our national yam...
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by Kaybaba5(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
RIP
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by pawesome(m): 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Oh...wetin concern me...na Anambra again o

Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by Charliewyt: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2017
jericco1:
Is there a medical term for this kind of death?

Death by natural cause.
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by ifysimple(f): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
greenpasture:

I am no doctor but some people feel cases like this might be pulmonary embolism. Which basically is the swift blockage of circulation to the heart by a blood clot from elsewhere in the body. I lost a very close relative in very similar circumstances.
Please see http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pulmonary-embolism/home/ovc-20234736

The law in Nigeria actually mandates that all cases of sudden death require an autopsy before a death certificate is issued. It is rare though that the deceased family takes this line of doctors usually pass it off as "heart failure" ( without the autopsy) which it of course is, but this generalization robs us of precious data that might have helped us understand the precise nature of this cause of death and the possible risk factors to relatives.

I mean, an example of our lack of thought is clear in some of the more inane comments here.

I know the guy. His grand mother is still alive and she s from my village. The guy did not die in his sleep. He visited the village and complained he was feeling somehow. After that he went to get some drugs. He slumped infront of a pharmacy he went to buy drugs from in company of his wife. He was rushed to iyienu hospital ogidi and was confirmed dead at the hospital .
Re: Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifysimple:

I know the guy. His grand mother is still alive and she s from my village. The guy did not die in his sleep. He visited the village and complained he was feeling somehow. After that he went to get some drugs. He slumped infront of a pharmacy he went to buy drugs from in company of his wife. He was rushed to iyienu hospital ogidi and was confirmed dead at the hospital .

Very sad. Thanks for the clarification. Was he hypertensive , diabetic? Please accept my condolences

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal / Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. / Army Reacts To Killing Of Watermelon Seller By Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.