Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) (36241 Views)

Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU / Fire burns 12 corpses in OAU’s morgue / MI’s Vector Diss Track Is An Assignment Topic In Ibadan Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by 40kobo77: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Sigh! What has happened to our educational system?

Doki Oloye bawoni?
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by iamleumas: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2017

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by RexEmmyGee: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
Well, I can't judge the project work by the title on the cover.

The author of the project could have done a perfect work on the thesis, and good enough to defend it.

The department is Lingistics and African Languages, so the thesis is still in line with her field.
The author won't work on the project if he/she will not be able to defend it in the first place. The primary aim is to pass it that's what Nigeria institutions have taught us. Between she cant go ahead if the supervisor does not have an interest in the thesis

3 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Tolams16(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2017
OAU on point tho..��

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Burntcoal(f): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2017
I knew it was only a matter of tym.... Her diction is so bad( although intentionally) BT can b so addictive on d naive and ignorant
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by holluphemydavid(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2017
i cant judge d project topic,based on the depaartment,it cud be of a perfect job and not photocopy as most project works are

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by DarkHenrie(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2017
The only thing that has happened to our education system is your arrogant ignorance.
GogetterMD:

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Brillantman: 8:23am On Aug 17, 2017
The project topic is quite in line with the writer's department. I've seen a project topic with this caption: Bet9ja: The Effect of 21st Century Modernise Gambling.

3 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by IstandWitBuhari: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2017
emmmillenium:
What a project topic..... A linguistic analysis of Jenifer's English in Jenifer's Diary.....lolzzzz

So this is what you could produce after 4years .

Smh wasted school fees
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by silentrock(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2017
bbbabes:
The topic looks so vague and simple , I trust science projects. You will see something like
The comparative effects of the metabolism of cataclysmic objects in the anatomy of tropical livestock.
you're very correct. years ago while submitting my final year project the topic is "on radius properties of certain subclass of analytic functions " if you ask me the meaning honestly I don't know
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by shyenar999(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2017
abrahym:
I'm seeing the year 2012, please is Jennifer diary out then

Dats d authors matriculation num. C 2017 @ d bottom

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by kjhova(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2017
GogetterMD:

Nothing happened to our education. Except you are uninformed, there have been many thesis on Beyonce and Tupac in American universities too.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjVmL2h4N3VAhUJ6SYKHbQ1ALQQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnewsbeat%2Farticle%2F39805745%2Fthis-student-did-her-final-year-essay-on-beyonce&usg=AFQjCNGKdvruCAiZWP7coQbWjWVlgdqLOQ

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by abrahym(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2017
shyenar999:

Dats d authors matriculation num. C 2017 @ d bottom

Thanks seen
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by lade007(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2017
abrahym:

The matric number/registration number is 2012 which means the candidate matriculated in 2012 but the project was submitted in 2017...

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Vincad: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2017
This is actually a pretty good topic for that department.

2 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by gunther6(m): 8:29am On Aug 17, 2017
The name of the department is Linguistics and African Languages, don't let that name fool you it is Yoruba department... chai the fun we had at their expense back then

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by adioolayi(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2017
A good research student and his/her supervisor decided to work on something that has been generating societal debates and controversy ...and we are here trying to criticise them....So what exactly is a research if it has not solved, address or contribute anything to the society

Well done...Good job!

5 Likes

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by okoliexpress: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2017
this is brilliant to say the least. what are you talking about
GogetterMD:

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by wahles(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2017
abrahym:
na the year she enta skul! Na part of matriculation number b dat!

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by adioolayi(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2017
silentrock:

you're very correct. years ago while submitting my final year project the topic is "on radius properties of certain subclass of analytic functions " if you ask me the meaning honestly I don't know
You have a topic which you claim you defended, and here you are saying you don't know!

Bros, You've Failed in this aspect!

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2017
Ibifizzleboy:
nonsense
I am very sure you applauded the efforts of this foreign student when the news went viral that she calculated "dab angle" the popular dance move introduced by Olamide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by kenex4ever(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2017
ITbomb:

A good educational system debates on issues in its society and that Project topic has just accomplished that for the linguistic department
defenders of anything sw.
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Oblang(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2017
abrahym:

Matric number is 2012 not when the project was done...
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by silentrock(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2017
adioolayi:

You have a topic which you claim you defended, and here you are saying you don't know!

Bros, You've Failed in this aspect!
it's mathematics I can prove everything in that project but I can't just connect the topic to it content
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by tourphland(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2017
bbbabes:
The topic looks so vague and simple , I trust science projects. You will see something like
The comparative effects of the metabolism of cataclysmic objects in the anatomy of tropical livestock.
It's not vague no doubt...... The difference in science courses and all these socio or legal course is just explained with this, this person is just trying to explain prolly faults in d English in d drama to justify what she has learnt in her 4yr study....... I'm a final year law student too and i was impressed when one of my classmates topic was "the legal issue of justin bieber 2011-2015".......... These shows the person is updated and his curious about learning new things and development which projects are about. I think this is what the Lady with this project is trying to do, it's a brilliant topic unlike people who would chose topics from previous class topic reated that i think is mediocrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 17, 2017
It is a big disgrace that persons who are supposed to be informed about academics are here judging a research work by its title without opening a page of the work. I do not even know where to start from. Another ignorant person is talking about science and how we need more science based research work. Shame! Such a shame! I will not even go down the gutters to school such ignorant people who think science is a subject like Physics and Biology. If these are the crop of graduates and undergraduates we have in Nigeria then there is a problem worse than we had thought.

Please, if you are interested in the work , try to get a copy, read it and provide an academic and unbiased criticism of the work. They do not know what relationships the researcher is trying to draw. What Hypothesis she is trying to prove/disprove. This is the appropriate thing to do. Nigerians REACT and hardly THINK. Some are even reacting based on ethnic lines.

Jeniffers diction and how she constructs her tenses is quite fascinating. So fascinating that even on Nairaland some people type sentences as she would have spoken them and add "In Jeniffers Voice". Why is it so? Why is it charming to want to speak like Jennifer in certain circumstances? Why is it catchy to some extent. Is it the simplicity in not following tenses or concord ? Is it the phonetics?

I am an Engineer but can relate to the topic. So I don't see the need for the ignorant negative comments. Until I read that work or see its summary, I won't judge it.

I blame the poor educational system that doesn't teach research ethics and methodology to students. Research work of today doesn't look at trending and real issues. The quick solution is to pick up an old topic and repoduce it.

It is no wonder why a lot are unemployable and complain that the ministers children took all the jobs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by kenex4ever(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
Well, I can't judge the project work by the title on the cover.

The author of the project could have done a perfect work on the thesis, and good enough to defend it.

The department is Lingistics and African Languages, so the thesis is still in line with her field.
It should have been "Yoruba English and not Jenifer 's diary english" because that's how most uneducated Yorubas and some educated mix past and present tenses upandan.
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by remsonik(f): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2017
abrahym:
That's her matric number. Look down the project was submitted July 2017
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by veraponpo(m): 8:46am On Aug 17, 2017
decatalyst:

Before finding fault or criticizing, get a copy of the work and read. I guess you would understand the rationale behind the research work.

Then, you can subjectively offer youryour view about it.

I bet you it would be a difficult work because of its non-conventional nature yet fully understood by listeners.

1 Like

Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by biolaowo(m): 8:46am On Aug 17, 2017
Year 2012 means he gained admission 2012 [color=#990000][/color]
abrahym:
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by joewinson: 8:49am On Aug 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Nothing really her English is unusual with some new vocabularies hence, the need for the analysis.
Re: Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo) by veraponpo(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
It is a big disgrace that persons who are supposed to be informed about academics are here judging a research work by its title without opening a page of the work. Please, if you are interested in the work , try to get a copy, read it and provide an academic and unbiased criticism of the work.

Jeniffers diction and how she constructs her tenses is quite facininating. So facinatijg that even on Nairaland some people type sentences as she would have spoken them and add "In Jeniffers Voice". Why is it so? Why is it charming to want to speak like Jennifer in certain circumstances.? Why is it catchy to some extent. Is it the simplicity in not following tenses or concord ? Is it the phobetics?

I am an Engineer but can relate to the topic. So I don't see the need for the ignorant negative comments. Until I read that work or see its summary, I won't judge it.

I blame the poor educational system that doesn't teach research ethics and methodology to students. Research work of today doesn't look at trending and real issues. The quick solution is to pick up an old topic and repoduce it.

It is no wonder why a lot are unemployable and complain that the ministers children took all the jobs.

What many don't know is that the essence of a thesis or any research work is to work on hypothesis and know why A is A and not B.

This will be a good work and the reason why many still listen to her despite her wrong way of speaking shall be unveiled. I am sure many that will answer the questionnaire would have given their reasons on such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DELSCOTECH Student Dies In Motor Accident Days After Her Final Exams (Photos) / Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Ghana’s Chalkboard Computer Teacher Arrives Singapore To Attend Microsoft Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.