Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. (1785 Views)

5 Reasons Buhari May Have Omitted Obasanjo’s Name In Train Station Honour Role / Buhari Plans To Register Illegal Migrants, Under Fire - Guardian / Kemi Adeosun: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
Observing and studying the people living in Nigeria will show that only Nigerians and very few foreigners reside or study in Nigeria. Whereas, some countries welcome multitude of immigrants, tourists and students yearly. Some very good countries even have citizens of other nations struggling through illegal means to scale through their borders.
Nigeria as a nation cannot boast of foreign tourists and students. This is a very shameful thing because little revenue are generated from the tourist and aviation industry per annum in our country Nigeria.
The causes are very simple and lucid because many things are going wrong in Nigeria. Some of them are as follows:

1. Epileptic Power supply:
"Big Shame! Bigger shame! Biggest shame on Nigeria that she uses only 3% electricity of what South Africa uses."
Mr. Akpos (350 AD - 440 AD)
The above is quite true but very disheartening, imagine that Nigeria spends so much on electricity every year, still we cannot boast of 24 hours steady light at all.
Let me make it very clear to you all that if I am foreigner that I will never visit a country like this at all. Am I mad to do like that? No way! I cannot go and kill myself at all. Lai lai!! angry angry angry angry

2. Poor infrastructure and road network:
Do you know that in some towns here in Nigeria, no tarred road have ever been constructed for them before. Tarred road kwa? Even catterpillar self haven't come closer to such town.
It's painful shaa that a whole Abuja road will have big big potholes that would be able to swallow a Lamborghini completely.
Our infrastructures are thrash, even schools and hospitals are not built well at all, to the point of spotting very biiiiiigggg rats in classes.
As a foreigner would you like to visit a country like that? No, of course. Same applies to other people outside. lipsrsealed undecided[sup][/sup]

3. Poor tourist centre:
As a nigerian, how many times have you visited a tourist centre? Even me ma don't know the names of our tourist centres.
The government does very little in developing and making tourists centres attractive. This makes me conclude that for no reason a foreigner even a Ghananian [(Ghanains) correct me please!!] would ever think of visiting a Nigerian Tourist centre. It's even possible to see stools and refuse over there. Mehn lemme just move to the next point ooo. lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed undecided

4. Poor Aviation system:
You all remember when some people at the top rated the international airport in Portharcourt as one of the worst 10 airports in the world, right? Nwanne believe that oooo. It's possible that aeroplane will drag runways with cows. Trust our herdsmen naw!
So, no need to explain because no foreigner would like to visit a country with a poor aviation system. embarassed embarassed embarassed

5. Insecurity:
Ghen ghen! Obu ebea ka nsogbu di ooo( na here problem dey ooo)
Do you think anybody would want to visit Nigeria in the midst of all these insurgency, manslaughter and kidnappings. No way! Its a complete suicide mission. angry angry angry sad

The above is just a tip of an iceberg when it comes to the reason foreigners see our country as uninteresting. You can add yours too.

Thanks for your audience.
Re: 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by Fidelismaria: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
7: Fulani herdsmen 8:fvckin almajiris

over to the next person
Re: 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Foreigners do not want their head cut off by Boko Haram, or being butchered by Fulani Herdsmen.
Wetin op expect, life is sweet na
Re: 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by christejames(m): 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nigeria as a country is not enough for her citizens yet and you are here advising her to absorb some foreigners?

#sarcasm
Re: 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by omololu2020(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nigeria is hell on earth
Re: 5 Reasons Why There Are Few Foreign Migrants And Tourists In Nigeria. by hakeem4(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
H

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Hiding In A Safe House, Gives IPOB New Instructions / Tinubu And Buhari In Presidential Jet As They Travel To Ivory Coast / Scores Killed In Boko Haram Attacks In Borno, Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.