Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion (661 Views)

Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze / Seven Nigerians Make List Of Top 20 World Richest Pastors [see List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion by bigCassava: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Pastor Edir Macedo holds the number one spot on the world’s top 20 richest Men of God list. Forbes recently released a list of world’s top 20 richest Men of God. It featured seven Nigerians and a couple of well known foreign pastors like Benny Hinn, Rick Warren and Joel Osteen. The number one spot was held by Edir Macedo, the Brazilian pastor is founder of Grupo Record and Record News. He was born on February 18, 1945, in the small town of Rio das Flores - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He was the fourth child of seven children. He was raised in a Catholic home with a strict father and a protective mother.
On his church’s blog, he wrote, “All of us were raised strictly, under the harsh rule of our father. Discipline was a sacred rule at home. My mother was the protector of the home, the woman who raised us with love and such great zeal, that even as teenagers, we wouldn’t rebel.” Eventually, he converted to evangelical Christianity in the early 1970s. Years later, the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God was born after a traumatic experience with his second daughter, Viviane. She was born as a frail baby with a tiny frame, this tragedy sparked his faith in God.
Here is an excerpt from his story: “Esther was attempting to wipe away her tears, but her face was soaked. I also cried. Then something exploded inside of me that lifted my mind up to God. My body was possessed with an unfathomable strength. My pain transported me directly to the throne of God. I decided to pray. "But it was not a normal prayer. I clenched my fists in anger and threw punches at the bed countless times. God, no one is going to stop me now. Not my family, not my wife, not the future, not my feelings, nothing! No one can stop me now! No one! No one! I’ve had enough! That was the birth of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God.”
The church started in a “filthy, foul-smelling pavilion” in a suburb of Rio de Janeiro in 1977. The first service was held on July 9, 1977.

Source – http://www.u2gossip.com.ng/2017/08/meet-worlds-richest-pastor-edir-macedo.html?m=1

Re: Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ok o
Re: Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion by Eldahcee: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
ok
Re: Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion by decatalyst(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
Obviously, his anointing isn't "GOYA" oil.

grin grin grin
Re: Meet The World’s Richest Pastor Edir Macedo Worth $1.1billion by Young03(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack : "St Thomas Catholic Church Onireke, Lagos" - Priest Shot / Breaking News;pastor Impregnate More Than 20 Of His Members In His Church / The Bible Condones Rape Of Single Virgens Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.