Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor (768 Views)

Nigerian Man Goes To Juju Over His Money Owed Him By Chinese Man (Photos) / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited / RMAFC Discovers N115bn Tax Liabilities Owed By FG, States MDAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by pimper24: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
My name is RICHARD KLOSA of German origin, the MD/CEO of CONNEXX PLANTS NIG. LTD.
I am a businessman and have executed projects in Nigeria for the past 41 years and I am 64 years of age.
I have successfully delivered so many projects and contracts awarded throughout the federation, I have trained many Nigerian Technicians and Engineers and I have brought knowledge of international business practice to many Nigerians, At the moment and almost at the end of my business career, I now face a critical challenge and a sad episode, unimaginable in the real sense.
My company was awarded a contract by the Governor of Zamfara State Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar in February 2013 for the supply and installation of Radio Studio Equipment. It was his Excellency’s desire to commission the place on 29/5/13 being two years in office. We discovered that the building complex to host the digital Studio Equipment erected by a local contractor lack of air conditioners, earthing system, proper electrification and many other omissions. We made it known to the by then Commissioner of Information Ibrahim Muhammad who mandated us to also supply and install these additional equipment. We were asked to source for money, obtained a Commitment Letter and were promised payment immediately after Commissioning. We had to take loans for that.
We had to use the parallel market rate for the purchase of FOREX, complained to FGPC, Gusau about the exchange rate difference they used and finished all assignments in record time as we got ready in the night of the 28/5/2013.
A very successful commissioning took place the following day. Respective Certificates of Completion as well as the Training Certificate were signed by all Parties.
When I went back to Gusau a couple of weeks thereafter, the said Commissioner of Information mentioned to me: Mr Richard, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have made me proud that day!
The Special Advisor Media to the Governor of Zamfara State Alhaji Dosara declared the new Radio Outfit as the best Radio Station in the whole of Nigeria.
Thereafter, I constantly reminded the Commissioner of Information of the balance payment due to us, until I received a text message from him, ‘I am frustrated’. It made me to understand that I have to take it up with the Governor by myself.
I started writing letters and tried to see the Governor in Gusau, Sokoto, Kano and in Abuja. He refused to see me. I involved party members, family members and friends, even EFCC for assistance with no result.
2 years after Commissioning our German technical partners MCI Studio Hamburg lost confidence in us as we were owing them approx. EUR 161,000 plus interest as balance payment from that Zamfara project and they took us to court. By way of reaching a compromise we raised a notarized Debt Acknowledgement which made them to withdraw the case from court.
In August last year, I received a phone call from the new Commissioner of Information Umar Jibo Bukuyum, inviting me on behalf of the Governor of Zamfara State to come to Nigeria and carry out assessment work and raise fresh proposals for their new AM, FM Radio and TV facilities which we did. I reminded the Commissioner of Information of the old outstanding amount and that this old issue shall definitely be part of my mission.
Seeing the Governor with my new proposals and my file concerning the old outstanding amount became a problem although I was in Nigeria on Governor’s invitation. We finally tracked him down at Kaduna.
He approved all proposals and asked the Commissioner to raise his memos to kick-start the projects and also bring my file with evidencing documents to his office the following Monday to call the Commissioner of Finance to release payment instructions for the old balance.
I thought that this is the end of my bitter road, my old balance to be paid and new contracts as compensation, not knowing that this was the last time I heard from the two of them.
I made a last attempt in December last year. I spent another 5 days in Gusau, the Governor was aware of my presence, but refused to see me again.
Back in Germany for my Christmas and New Year Holidays, I was hospitalized with heart problems and high blood pressure on 2.1.2017.
A Nigerian friend advised I should forget about the new contracts and go for my money and use any means I could think of.
I raised another letter to the Governor of Zamfara state based on actual and current facts considering
 Major Demands comprising of cost for Supplementary Equipment, Deductions and Exchange rate difference in 2/13 as well as the huge exchange rate difference between 2013 and 2016
 Additional expenditures during the execution of the project which are footed on His Excellency’s desire to commission on 29/05/2013
 All interest charges until 12/16 to be paid in Germany and in Nigeria
resulting in a total claim of Naira 195,594,262.53 not having considered the interest for the past 6½ months in 2017 and my travel expenditures since Commissioning took place.
Early February this year
 I joined Human Rights Radio, a program named Brekete Family and asked for help. I have to praise Ordinary President Ahmad Isah and his Team for the assistance rendered to me during the past 5 months. Their daily program being aired also via Facebook and Youtube reaches the masses and Nigerians in Diaspora
 I also involved the German Embassy, Abuja which wrote a letter to the Governor of Zamfara State on 23/2/17 and they attached our letter dated 20/2/17 as mentioned above. It may not surprise you that the letter is yet unreplied.
As a result of all efforts within the past 5 months my story is also known to
 The Minister of Information
 The Minister of Defence
 The EFCC Chairman
 The Nigerian Investment Promotion Committee working under the Vice President, currently the Acting President
 Other high ranking APC politicians
Since the commissioning of that project on 29/05/2013, I made 17 journeys to Nigeria to request for my balance payment in order to get justice and restore my reputation.
It appears I am not only addressing the Governor of Zamfara State, but an established system which does not recognize that my case is no longer a local issue, but an international scandal.
Is it not Germany that accepted the majority of migrants in recent times and provides shelter and social welfare to all including a lot of Nigerians?
Can Nigeria afford to overlook the injustice rendered by one Governor to a German?
My other major problems in Nigeria and Germany resulting from the torture by the Zamfara State Governor
 I was not able to pay the office rent at Abuja for the past 3 years
 I have not been able to pay salaries for the past 2 years
 FIRS is on our neck to the extent that they have put stickers on the office door warning people not to transact business with us.
 We had to close our German Office in April this year.
 German friends who also granted loans to sustain our living are now demanding their money back, very forcefully by now
 Total loss of reputation both in Germany and Nigeria
In a nut shell the Governor of Zamfara State has ruined my companies, my entire business and our private life.
I am really sick; I have developed heart disease and always on drugs. Stranded and have been unable to travel back to Germany, my wife has threatened divorce. Creditors in Germany have got court judgment against me and I was just told of ejection notice on my family house. Let me tell the Nigerian Government and the members of the public the truth, I have severally contemplated suicide. I presently live on contributions from concerned Nigerians.
Well meaning Nigerians should come to my rescue.
Nigerian Government should come to my rescue.

Richard Klosa

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/compel-zamfara-gov-pay-n195m-debt-german-contractor-appeals-osinbajo/
http://saharareporters.com/2017/07/09/how-gov-yari-zamfara-state-put-german-businessman-multi-million-naira-debt
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/07/23/n195m-contract-debt-embassy-warns-zamfara-gov-over-nigeria-germany-bilateral-agreements/
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by pimper24: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
@seun, Lalasticlala, Please help push this to the front page. I plead with you guys embarassed embarassed
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
The amount of money he used in building his Lagos hotel could have offset this debts
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by ekensi01: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sorry you didnt hear of Nigeria through the right part.

Now you have to try harder to see the governor. May be the money was given but was diverted by those two ass.

Payment before service.
Thats business moto in Nigeria.
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by Young03(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
people wey get moni dey talk of suicide

we de manage life nko
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by Kewt: 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Front Page please!

It will be nice to hear the side of the Governor too.

The story has just begun..
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by gboyetade: 6:47am On Aug 17, 2017
That governor is a beast
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by pimper24: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Funny, we beg for front page for very serious and sympathy arousing stories. And yet you see all sorts on the frontpage, both worthwhile and frivolous. Na wa oh
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by teemy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
why not take legal action since other creditors are doing same against him. except he got the contract through wrong back channels i see no reason why he should be the one begging to be paid.
Re: I Have Contemplated Suicide Cried German National Owed By Zamfara Governor by pimper24: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2017
You and I know that the case will drag up to supreme court and that might take years. It's better to exhaust other avenues and make court the last option

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With Facebook Advert / Social Media Marketing On FIVERR – The Ultimate Guide - FATTKAY / Running A Successful Business In Nigeria: My Experience – Gabriel Ogbechie (CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.