Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet (1001 Views)

RRS Rescues Man Who Suffered An Asthma Attack On Otedola Bridge. / 7 Best Body Building Food / Feb. 14th Two Years Of Body Building... Pls Rate (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2017
This young lady suffered an ailment known as Anorexia nervosa; an eating disorder, defined all odds an win a body building competition. Her photos went viral. It's a jaw dropping body transformation!

“My name is Nicola King, I’m 24 years old. When I was 16, I became obsessed with my weight (Body Image) and started counting calories which led me to become sick. Shortly after, I was diagnosed with anorexia (an obsessive desire to lose weight by refusing to eat)

Growing up, I always had a healthy appetite, but when I got to my teens, I started having mood and anger issues. I became more aware of my looks and began obsessing over my weight. I always wanted to be slimmer or a different shape or size. I compared myself to others and became focused on what I saw in the mirror. The illness slowly crept into my head. It started with chocolate, and then I kept cutting out food and calories until I wasn’t eating anything at all.

I could refuse to eat for six weeks straight or even drink water because I was scared of adding weight. A few years ago, it got so bad that I had to be admitted into intensive care. The doctors told my parents to say goodbye to me because my organs were shutting down. My hair was falling out, my periods stopped and I was in constant agony.

At my worst, I weighed four stone (25 Kilograms), had a BMI of eight and I felt dead. Some how I survived, because the doctors sedated me and kept me tube fed. Six months after, I was discharged from the hospital. I channeled that negative obsession towards weight building and started going to the gym

Going to the gym has given me focus and something I can get up for in the morning. It’s my therapy and escape and it’s a liberating feeling to push your body to the extreme but in a positive and healthy way. Its been a very long road since then but for the first time, I am proud of myself

I never thought I would get to this point. I didn’t even think I would still be here. Its surreal to have come this far- its overwhelming. When I look at the photos from when I was ill, it hurts, but I feel like I have come so far. If it wasn’t for my family and bodybuilding, I don’t know if I would still be here.”

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Source: http://g00gle.com.ng/lady-who-suffered-anorexia-wins-body-building-competition/

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2017

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Here is the transformation shocked

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
And then she was declared a winner!

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
More

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by Donniefred(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow! Amazing shocked

I can imagine if this sickness happened to our people, friends will be a thousand miles away

Some will just conclude it's HIV cheesy grin

Nuf respect!
Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by dHustle: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow!

Lalasticlala come o
Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
.eweh c lie she didnt eat for 6 weeks=1 and half month
#HOW_NAW

Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by H8ta(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
.eweh c lie she didnt eat for 6 weeks=1 and half month
#HOW_NAW
Be sure to check her Facebook profile
Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
H8ta:
Be sure to check her Facebook profile
Ayam not undastanding
Re: Lady Who Suffered Anorexia Wins Body Building Competition, Breaks The Internet by Droleo1: 12:12am On Aug 18, 2017
What a transformation!

Dr Leonard

(1) (Reply)

What Is Male Breast Reduction Surgery Cost In Delhi / / Phytoscience Double Stemcell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.