Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

This Is Why Dangote Has Not Bought Arsenal FC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is Why Dangote Has Not Bought Arsenal FC (538 Views)

AFCON: Dangote, Otedola to Super Eagles: You will get $75k for every goal Scored / Why I Haven’t Bought Arsenal FC Yet – Dangote / Reasons Why Dangote Haven't Buy Arsenal Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Dangote Has Not Bought Arsenal FC by amoss: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Africa and Nigeria’s richest, Alhaji Aliko Dangote has once again confirmed his interest in taking over at English football club, Arsenal FC, but that will be after completing the multi-billion dollar refinery project in home country.

The cement business mogul in an interview with Bloomberg revealed a his business plans both home and abroad where he particularly mentioned that he would looks to invest around USD20 billion to USD50 billion in the United States and Europe by 2025, in the renewable energy and petrochemicals industries.

https://pageone.ng/2017/08/17/dangote-bought-arsenal-fc/

“Yes, but I don’t want to go after Arsenal until I deliver the refinery. Once I deliver, I will go after Arsenal.”

In the past, there have been several reports of the 60-year old Nigeria billionaire having interest in some other English clubs, but he stated categorically that Arsenal FC is where is heart has always been and nothing has changed.

“I don’t change clubs. Even when Arsenal isn’t doing well I still stick by them. It’s a great team, well-run. It could be run better, so I will be there. I will wait. Even if things change I will take it and make the difference going forward.

“In the mid-’80s. I was introduced to a man named David Dein, who was Arsenal’s vice chairman, through a friend of my uncle’s. He was the first person who showed me a cargo of sugar in 1980, when I started importing. I started buying sugar, and he started taking me to the stadium.”

Speaking on what he thinks about owners of Arsenal FC Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov if they would sell their stakes, howe he intends to turn the fortune of the club around should he take over, Dangote said: “Well, you know anything is possible in this world. If they get the right offer, I’m sure they would walk away. We’ll be in a position to give them the right offer. They will not hold ­Arsenal forever. Someone will give them an offer that will make them seriously consider walking away. And when we finish the refinery, I think we will be in a position to do that.

“The first thing I would change is the coach. He has done a good job, but someone else should also try his luck.”

Alhaji Aliko Dangote is valued at USD12.3 billion according to Bllomberg billionaire index at mid August.

SOURCE: https://pageone.ng/2017/08/17/dangote-bought-arsenal-fc/

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Allegedly 'signs Angel Di Maria' From PSG / Ola Aina In Eagles Match Day Squad For Cameroon / Who Dele Alli’s Middle Finger Gesture Was Really Aimed At (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.