Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) (67111 Views)

Covid-19 Business Survival Pack / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / A Call For Survival;agony Of a young Hustler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
InvertedHammer:

LOL.
I never knew they pay in US dollars in UK.
Do you need a few minutes to rethink your story?
\

Do they pay in USD in Nigeria, Dubai or Italy? We are using a global currency Bro. We're talking about equivalents
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

there is what you emmergency tax @ %20
every adult have a tax code, this depends on your circumstance, single,married, kids etc, so we all have our own diferent tax code, for my by difinition of my personal tax code, I get taxed after I earn above £11k a year, some people are after £7k a year so in theory, if I only work 3 months and dont earn up to £11k in 3 months I return back to 9ja each year then I wont be paying tax.
Another tax we pay here is National Insurance which goes to teh NHS.but if you dont work you do not pay all this.
Fast 4ward to 0ja
You pay income tax in 9ja too
you pay for hospital(NI in uk)
we pay Road tax in Uk if only you own a car, in 9ja U pay this too called vehicle licencing
part of the UK pay council tax I hear part of 9ja ie Lagos are enforcing this now.
U insure your car, in 9ja U do that too
nothing else
Thanks. I really appreciate
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by moorevic(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Street sweepers turned robbers, just wait....
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by bamite(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
mrsfavour:
Not bad, better than doing drugs and gets killed at the end.
What do you mean angry

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by peacemara54(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Guyman02:

I doubt if Chinedu and Emeka will do such after crossing the desert and Mediterranean sea to reach Italy, they would rather look for Mafia bosses to work for and help them to sell that thing to the Italians and not to leave Naija to go and be sweeping streets in Italy.

Osas gleefully sweeps the streets and allows his picture to be showcased to the world just like his Edo sisters fighting and beating themselves to fainting over men, Emeka and Chinelo would never allow their pictures to be shown with broom or prostituting openly except it is like Hushpuppi, Easy-money or Bishop. We can spot the difference in attitude. shocked

Your kind will never meet up with our level,live with that and remember Hate and jealousy kills faster than AIDS.
We are blessed and your hating cannot stop us from succeeding rather it will embolden us to do more.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by higgs: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
There is dignity in labour.It probably pays better than street sweeping in Nigeria because of purchasing power parity.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by lipstick2(f): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Better than drug trafficking
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by emmpire: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benin person must be there - Osas. Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
they are even better than some bankers...
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by speck4hanna(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Some persons now will b talking of slavery,where as they are d ones who are slaves cos they keep writing where they are not needed. Ride on bro God bless ur hussle
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by matrixme(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

it's a dirty job and not many people know that the money involved is that much. Even when they are informed, they'll doubt it just the same way you're doubting it now. You charge $20-50 per house and even get tips doing that. you think say na naija.
Peeps be doubting what they don't know
Indeed! Have you ever heard of a machine called street sweeper? What of vacuum cleaners that cleans sitting room floors? A white man will invite a Nigerian to come and clean his house and even give tips afterwards.
Even Cameroonians are wiser than that!
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by gozzlin: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Idiots! You traveled millions of miles to Italy to sweep streets? You guys deserve serious flogging. Mofos! Why not remain in Edo state and sweep the streets of Benin?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
gozzlin:
Idiots! You traveled millions of miles to Italy to sweep streets? You guys deserve serious flogging. Mofos! Why not remain in Edo state and sweep the streets of Benin?

On top how many naira?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by salford1: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2017
9jvirgin:
There are many of them here, mail sorter, warehouse associate, machine loader, car parts sorter, CNC Operator, Home-care giver, office-cleaning team etc. To survive requires pain and I pray that God bless Nigerians that keeps a clean record through hard work.

My working in Corporate America with a full fledged office makes me appreciate people that stands on their feet for 8 hours.

My respect goes out to these guys.
There are many professional jobs overseas that stands on their feet for 8hrs, but their remuneration is awesome. E.g Pharmacist, Nurses, Field engineers and technicians e.t.c
Most of the fields above earn much more than alot of people sitting in a office job drinking coffee. lol.
In the coy i currently work. one electrician made $140,000 last year, he is only 23 years old.. Another made $180,000. I do not think these guys mind standing on their feet for just 8hrs a day... grin
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by salford1: 12:11am On Aug 18, 2017
gottliebglobal:

CNC Operators earn up to 55k per annum
A cnc operator in the energy industry would easily make over $100,000 per annum and that is without overtime.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Augustinecool: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2017
Legitimate online business... Per time... Login and see... Legit online business, no wayo, try and see...
https:///6WFazW
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by salford1: 12:25am On Aug 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Y not USA since its nxt door, I have a family friend who moved frm cana to the US, dunno why though.
The US has more jobs than any country in the world. Canada's economy is a midget compared to the economy down in the US. People still move to US for opportunities. A church members son could not get a job after graduating from computer engineering in Canada. Luckily for him, the mom worked in hawai as a nurse many years back and they all picked up American citizenship while there, so he applied for a boeing graduate job in the US and got in. Last i heard was that he has moved to working for the FBI.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by oyienootieno: 2:07am On Aug 18, 2017
The problem is that after all this, instead of investing wisely they will return and start hosting parties here and there.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2017
CelestineC:

It really is.. I have lost about 2 Friends who traveled to Libya in search of greener pastures...

God is our strength
May their souls rest in peace...
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by CelestineC(m): 4:55am On Aug 18, 2017
Amen
sirfee:
May their souls rest in peace...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by k199192: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2017
Guyman02:

I doubt if Chinedu and Emeka will do such after crossing the desert and Mediterranean sea to reach Italy, they would rather look for Mafia bosses to work for and help them to sell that thing to the Italians and not to leave Naija to go and be sweeping streets in Italy.

Osas gleefully sweeps the streets and allows his picture to be showcased to the world just like his Edo sisters fighting and beating themselves to fainting over men, Emeka and Chinelo would never allow their pictures to be shown with broom or prostituting openly except it is like Hushpuppi, Easy-money or Bishop. We can spot the difference in attitude. shocked
So you mean you prefer prostitution to peddling drugs. Like what is the Fvcking difference. You are shallow and your double standards are appalling.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by ActionsShure: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2017
Edo and e.tahli
Nawa o.
Id rather do yahoo
Buh if dem come here now
Dem go begin spread.
Abegi
Low lifes
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by BenZyncla(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
That's so thoughtful of them, But not patriotic because they are supposed to be doing that here at home....Maybe they thought it wouldn't be much appreciated though.

ChangeIsCostant:
Two Nigerian immigrants have gotten international attention after volunteering to sweep the streets in Italy. According to reports, it’s hard to find a job if one is in the process of claiming asylum but this group of Nigerians living in a migrant camp in Rome have started a voluntary street sweeping collective.

The sweeping collective was founded by Wisdom and Osas, who came up with the idea because they had no money but did not want to beg on the streets.

In an audio interview with BBC, the Nigerians revealed that they've been in Italy for nine months and decided to sweep the streets rather than remaining idle in the migrant camp. They revealed that they are more than 300 Nigerian guys sweeping the streets as people give them money to appreciate their work.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/nigerian-immigrants-volunteering-to-sweep-italian-streets.html

Photo-credit; BBC
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
rocknation62:
Benin people and abroad especially ITALY are like 5&6. And again,there ladies prefer to date someone In abroad(EUROPE) that they won't see for years than to date a fresh Graduate who has a brighter future...OBOKHIAN
did I just hear you say a fresh graduate has a bright future in naija? Abeg wake up to reality.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by rocknation62(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
nuelyoyo:
did I just hear you say a fresh graduate has a bright future in naija? Abeg wake up to reality.
I'm already up bro...So it is those pple dat are sweeping the street of ITALY dat has a bright future abi? bro talk another one
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
juwoonn:

No I don't earn that. I wasn't talking about annual income, because I don't have a consistent income but there are good week's. and I said close to.. I didn't said I'm earning that figure. bros read the English again. and again I know someone that earned more than $100,000 from the comfort of his home on fiverr from Nigeria and in 8 months. you're an electrical engineer right? I showed a friend who's an electrical engineer in the UK a screenshot of a friends account and guess what? it read an income of over $7,000,000 in 3 years. if you doubt this again then I'll know you're ignorant of what I'm saying
pls how does fiverr work?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
rocknation62:
I'm already up bro...So it is those pple dat are sweeping the street of ITALY dat has a bright future abi? bro talk another one
it was back in those days that being a graduate in Nigeria guarantees a bright future, not anymore. Look around you bro, how many graduates are living well? I know sweeping the streets of Italy may not be the best example that guarantees a bright future, but there are many Nigerians that do manial jobs in some European and American countries that have guaranteed thier future and that of thier children.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
juwoonn:

He earns more than most bankers in Nigeria. I meet a guy that makes $2000 every week, moving lawns in the UK. That's about N700,000 every week. These dirty jobs comes with good money. After 5-10 years, they return to Nigeria as big boys, establish companies and your brother's and sisters submit CV to them.

That's true sha
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
sirfee:
The most annoying part is that many Africans are too stubborn,they keep on taking risks at the expense of their lives.

The Mediterranean sea is really consuming African souls.I weep for mama Africa.

But things are really hard back home where they done from.
So you cannot blame them
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
gozzlin:

Will they be paid as well as they are paid in Italy?

Use your brain to reason na, it's free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.