Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv (12542 Views)

What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? / 5 Reasons Every Worker Needs To Develop A Good Savings Culture / French Graduate Needs A Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by laja4luv(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
1. Distance
2. Work Experience
3. Having full Knowledge about Computer
4. Background of Organization
5. Is it through Job Agency
6. Format of Sending Curriculum Vitae/Resume to Organisation email
7. Job Related:
8. Standard/Structure of Organisation

1. Distance:
Most companies considers distance a major factor as it serve as a strict criteria when short listing job applicant, because they wouldn’t want a situation where the worker will be late to work/or be delayed due to traffic, and also in case of emergency.
Moreover employers also don’t want to be a burden on you especially when the pay is not much or probably maybe the business is a medium scale enterprise. So my advice is when applying for that job considers the distance to your place of residence.
2. Work Experience:
Believe me or not most companies are not ready to employ any job applicant who has minimal or little experience in the job field, or do not meet required level of experience because the management usually consider the stress involved in training you to suit the job applied for. E.g. a learned accountant who has been in the company for 5years resigned , and they need a new accountants for the job, definitely they will be requiring the services of a chartered accountant with good experience.
3. Having full knowledge about Computer Operating System:
The mistake most job applicants make especially fresh graduate lying about being a computer literate in their resume. For instance when the job required you to have full knowledge about major operating and application software.
You can’t just have basic knowledge on how to operate a computer with a little know how of Microsoft word and expect that this will help you edge pass that job interview. You need to be well conversant with most Microsoft office application .e.g. excel, PowerPoint and other office software.
4. Background of Organization:
When applying first make a background check on that organization, do they have a website, social media page such as facebook, twitter and others, does the company appears in most website who list major business .e.g. Vconnect, businesslisting.com. Because most companies are fake, some are just there to exploit fresh graduate of their money.

5. Is it through Job Agency:
Well it is not a new thing that most organization engage the service of this agency companies for employer due the stress of searching for applicant, but we have to be careful when applying because 50% of this agency are fake, they don’t really have a job toffer, some even liaise with small companies to rob off applicants all in the name of job vacancy. So the best advice is research well on that agency company.

6. Sending Curriculum Vitae/Resume to Organisation email:
Some applicants are negligent on the way they send CV to organization, you will see subject of email as .e.g. Latest Cv, My Cv, Updated Cv, and many more. my advice is always followed the required format stated by the employer in order not be disqualified, especially when the person assessing all sent CV is not the patient type, he/she may simply ignore your cv.

7. Job Related:
We understand you may have been unemployed since you finished your service year, but always ensure that that job applied for is related to your field of study, unless stated otherwise as part of job requirement, for example accompany may need an account officer for a particular position, an applicant with Accounting qualification will be considers first before a candidate with Marketing or Public Administration educational qualification.

Ensure to run a check on the organization after applying, is it a big, medium or small business organization, sometimes we don’t know the nature of organization majorly because some of this job comes from Job Agent, but never the less we need to be careful with answers provided during interview especially when it comes to salary issue.
With this few tips I hope I have clarified some things to our young and fresh graduate seeking that dream job.
Best of luck to you all. And always never settle for less, though great thing start small.

To read more accounting courses, accounting project topics and material as well basic career guide kindly check my signature or visit the link below:
http://www.accountantsconnect.com.ng/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by klassykute(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Bookin
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Yes, i'm here at it again.

Dear graduate, if you suceed in getting that job, congratulations. However, I want you to do away with every entitlement mentality. That mentality that makes you believe the government owes you. As you work as an employee, plan ahead for the future, plan for your retirement by investing on assets. If you're a young man, please I beg you, don't get married until you have another stream of income. Make sure you invest.

If you're still looking for a job, i'm sorry but stop waiting and start doing something. Employ yourself cause that's the only way to experience real freedom. I have never in my life submitted any CV and will never do. It's an awesome feeling. Be the boss if you can't have a boss.

Above all, end up doing that which brings out the uniqueness in you. We all have a purpose on earth. It might be realised, either as an employee or as an entrepreneur. Discover it, and kick off.

See My Awesome Write Ups Here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by KayDEAN(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Computer skills are always a good plus
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by tofolo(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Observing

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 18, 2017
Okay
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Points Noted!
Thanks wink
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by solidgidlas(m): 7:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Full knowledge of computer?

You think having knowledge of Office suits makes you have full knowledge about computer?

beta stop jonzing undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by MVLOX(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2017
True Talk
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by cathodekazim: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2017
i blv in prayers.
for as many that read this n say amen or clicked like
receive your dream job this morning in Jesus name. amen

15 Likes

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by rozayx5(m): 7:38am On Aug 18, 2017
At the end

A senators signature overrides this

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by lonelydora: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Before you apply, change your contact address to the city the company is located. It makes then all you quickly.
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by enoch273: 7:47am On Aug 18, 2017
This is all shades of cool, preparing for an interview already, may God see us all job Applicants through this
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by jericco1(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2017
Jobs are not meant for everybody, some people don't submit CV, yet they get top jobs.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by yelinco1(m): 8:02am On Aug 18, 2017
NICE ONE
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Teadavid23(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2017
Wagbayi jawe Omo Ologo
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Willahpih(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Copy that. But even though properly understood, I have a pity with the effect of the number two which details about experience. Let's talk of fresh graduates here. So, as they don't have work experience yet, who will employ them? Who will if experience is one of the keys? So what if we assume a scenario where all companies want experienced employees. Who will employ these fresh graduates at that critical moment of their life, after spending of there resources in the school system? And at graduation, these graduates are left by there providers to fend for themselves. Please, how can they have experience without being employed? This condition is one of the root of social vices in our nation as these graduates must survive. Instead of these companies and the government to make provisions for internships, or "employ-and- exprience-brush-up" , they demand for experience. It is appallingly egregious. I don't blame them only but also blame us the people as we can easily find a way to stone and burn that dude who steal fifty naira out of desperation to survive,like that gal of about 7yrs in Lagos state some time ago was kill in the street for stealing GARRI to eat( 7yrs old!), than to execute the people elected in the office by us, to serve us, who loot billions of USD at the expense of us...yes us!.. that 7yr-old murdered in cold blood. Look at them in the office. Be sincere, you know them. Che Guevara: revolution does not fall, you have to make it fall.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by pistopee(m): 8:27am On Aug 18, 2017
Pray against ur village enemies grin grin
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Miamibutch(m): 8:46am On Aug 18, 2017
Useful points.. But in this country, getting a job is based on who you know.
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by salesforce: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2017
Good
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Ramos16(m): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2017
laja4luv:
1. Distance
2. Work Experience
3. Having full Knowledge about Computer
4. Background of Organization
5. Is it through Job Agency
6. Format of Sending Curriculum Vitae/Resume to Organisation email
7. Job Related:

'

What does having full knowledge about computer even mean

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Sanctecosma(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2017
cathodekazim:
i blv in prayers.

for as many that read this n say amen or clicked like

receive your dream job this morning in Jesus name.
amen

My dear no be only by prayer o cos tis an eternal truth that faith (prayer) without work is dead. Just because you've committed everything to God doesn't mean you shouldn't play your own part. It's good to always put our thinking caps you know.
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Sanctecosma(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2017
lonelydora:
Before you apply, change your contact address to the city the company is located. It makes then all you quickly.

... Then I wonder what will become of you after landing the job and your employer discovers that you've lied about your address. My dear honesty is always the best policy! And besides if the job is yours, you'll sure get it, doesn't matter where you may be coming from.
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by lonelydora: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2017
Sanctecosma:

... Then I wonder what will become of you after landing the job and your employer discovers that you've lied about your address. My dear honesty is always the best policy! And besides if the job is yours, you'll sure get it, doesn't matter where you may be coming from.

If it's a big company, you will be given 3 months in lieu salary for accommodation and clothing.
Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by Benjom(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
cheesy

Re: 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv by calculator123(m): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Valid points.I still be under G but I have noted it for future reference.

(1) (Reply)

Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience / Massive Shake Up In NNPC, 55 Staff Affected / 5 Reasons Working From Your Home Is The Best.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.