Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

What Islam Says On Masturbation. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Islam Says On Masturbation. (32817 Views)

What Islam Says About Pre-marital Medical Examination / Ruling On Masturbation (See also Health Hazard) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by rattlesnake(m): 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

There are so many things the "human brain" is incapable of explaining and you can make research to find that out!

Islam is a way of life with constitution (Qur'an and Authentic Prophetic Traditions) for us to follow. Islam encompasses cultural traditions only if it doesn't contradict the divine constitution.

The ''brain" you mentioned has its functional limit!
There's no brain the People of Moses would have had that could have saved them from Pharoah except that they follow their Prophet's instruction from Allah.

So we make use of our 'brain' only by following Allah and His Messenger!
U SOUND LIKE A ZEALOT
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
You believe science, facts and historical evidence and they dont, why is that a problem. What is a fact? They made you believe if ain't science it ain't fact. What the big bang theory and evolution scientist pride as the clue to the universe creating is a guess or all the shit they be telling you evolution started from unicellular organism u want me to believe that. How did life make this spectacular leap from unicellular simplicity to multicellular complexity? Fossils don't even have clear record or u want to put logs of wood in a room and it will turn into a piece of furniture?
Without science we won't have solutions, answers to many things, can you tell me what religion has done? Science deal with evidence, where is the evidence of any from your religionists?

Science has answered at least 90% of many things, the remain gaps is what you called "god of gaps" which you guys still hold on to, if all gaps are closed I want to see how you religious folks will react.

Why not tell me how Adam and Eve produced every humans? Where did they settled or why not tell me how Obatala used sand, chicken and corn to create the world?

Nay. It requires the expertise of a carpenter. Who is the carpenter of the furniture? Should be the question Bro.
If you mean everything must have a creator then who create the creator?

So all science, Islam/Christianity, Hindu or Buddhism are all hypotheses. Choose the one you want. I went with Islam. Newton, Einstein and Darwin and his folks did not come to Africa and Nigeria and see people prove the law of gravitation and all their shit for them wrong.
Why didn't our ancestors proved to the white colonials the law of gravitation? Instead they were taken has slaves.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by proudlyYoruba(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
tintingz:
Without science we won't have solutions, answers to many things, can you tell me what religion has done? Science deal with evidence, where is the evidence of any of your religionists?

Science has answered at least 90% of many things, the remain gaps is what you called "god of gaps" which you guys still hold on to, if all gaps are closed I want to see how you religious folks will react.

Why not tell me how Adam and Eve produced every humans? Where did they settled or why not tell me how Obatala used sand, chicken and corn to create the world?

If you mean everything must have a creator then who create the creator?

Why didn't our ancestors proved to the white colonials the law of gravitation? Instead they were taken has slaves.
If there is that in gap in unicellular to Multicellular so Bleep the big bang theory? The ancestors were fooled and were greedy, they betrayed their people and soldiers them for money. You asked one question what religion has done? Have u heard this statement 'Ti olorun ni mo wo mo e lara'?
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
grudges:
I don't know if u r talking from experience, or u drive the knowledge through research, anyway masturbation is like drugs addiction, u will not hate it till u become addicted to it that is when u will realise it's third effect while it will be too heard for u to stop.
This is called compulsive masturbation.
We all get addicted to many things(compulsive behavior), I stated that in my earlier post.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
Asu015:
Religion isn't an invention lyk ur handset bro, but revelation from the Almighty

How can you tell when you are stucked in one religion ? I have studied over 15 religions so far, so I can teach you something about your version of God.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

lord Krishna again? You don turn to hinduism again....well Allah will cure you once again!
So you don't see the sarcasm in this? cheesy

Can't I mention other Gods?

Sorry for the misplaced link.

http://punchng.com/ugly-side-masturbation/
Lol, punch is now a medical source. grin grin

All what was listed above were poor research done in the 60s which scientists have thrown to the bin, what makes you think having sex don't give those health consequences? Compulsive masturbation is the negative effective i know and we all get addicted to many things(compulsive behavior).

Even the first comment knows it is an out dated poor research. grin

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Asu015(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
Billyonaire:

How can you tell when you are stucked in one religion ? I have studied over 15 religions so far, so I can teach you something about your version of God.
You studied 15 religions bt mastered none... i studied one i hv my masters and even phD on it per say, nd itz nt invented.......... anyway, if u believe religion is invented,u can go ahead nd invent urs since u re nt forced to join any......
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
jtigwell0:
if the 60s were so sure masturbation is harmful health wise and the 20s says its beneficial healthwise, what makes you think the next generations advancely will not have new findings? the truth will always be the truth, its left to you to turn away from it.. grin grin
SMH...

The medics in the 60s don't have evidence for the health consequences they claim, they did a poor research until 70s when proper research was done and masturbation was declared normal by medical organizations.

Do research before jumping into an argument.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
If there is that in gap in unicellular to Multicellular so Bleep the big bang theory?
If there are gaps in scientific research it doesn't make it invalid, there were many gaps in the past that are now closed up, that's what science is.

Because there are still gaps and research ongoing doesn't mean it won't be solved/closed in the nearest future.

The ancestors were fooled and were greedy, they betrayed their people and soldiers them for money. You asked one question what religion has done? Have u heard this statement 'Ti olorun ni mo wo mo e lara'?
Lol, are you trying to say the gods were impotent to have told them(ancestors) some intruders will fool them and take their lands? Why are they not protected? Were the gods angry? cheesy
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by jtigwell0: 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
tintingz:
SMH...

The medics in the 60s don't have evidence for the health consequences they claim, they did a poor research until 70s when proper research was done and masturbation was declared normal by medical organizations.

Do research before jumping into an argument.
and that's exactly what the ones in August 2nd 3042 say... ur point? grin grin
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
tintingz:
So you don't see the sarcasm in this? cheesy

Can't I mention other Gods?

Lol, punch is now a medical source. grin grin

All what was listed above were poor research done in the 60s which scientists have thrown to the bin, what makes you think having sex don't give those health consequences? Compulsive masturbation is the negative effective i know and we all get addicted to many things(compulsive behavior).

Even the first comment knows it is an out dated poor research. grin

You are extremely funny bro. Anyways, Islam frowns against it and we frown against it too!

Despite the professor(s) from that link, you still refused to believe. Anyways, you like disbelieving sha!

bye and may Allah cure you fully bro!
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
rattlesnake:
U SOUND LIKE A ZEALOT
How do you define Zealot?
How do I sound like one?
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You are extremely funny bro. Anyways, Islam frowns against it and we frown against it too!

Despite the professor(s) from that link, you still refused to believe. Anyways, you like disbelieving sha!

bye and may Allah cure you fully bro!
Which professor? A professor getting information from outdated research and didn't provide links to his source. Abegi, even the first comment knows it is garbage.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
jtigwell0:
and that's exactly what the ones in August 2nd 3042 say... ur point? grin grin
We're not yet in year 3042 abi you be time traveler? grin

If the scientists discovered it is harmful with evidence in year 3042 then it is harmful, many other things might have developed like diseases, viruses, toxic gas, radiation etc, but since 70s till presently no harm is found as it is normal.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by jtigwell0: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
tintingz:
We're not yet in year 3042 abi you be time traveler? grin

If the scientists discovered it is harmful with evidence in year 3042 then it is harmful, many other things might have developed like diseases, viruses, toxic gas, radiation etc, but since 70s till presently no harm is found as it is normal.
simple, you just prooved my point, TRUTH always stand, and what if we are experiencing the developed like diseases, viruses, toxic gas, radiation etc you said right now? grin grin
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
jtigwell0:
simple, you just prooved my point, TRUTH always stand, and what if we are experiencing the developed like diseases, viruses, toxic gas, radiation etc you said right now? grin grin
SMH, Lol... The way some people reason ehn, they just look for a word that will suit them.

As years goes by, new diseases, viruses, radiations may developed from nature or whatever will caused it, this can cause harm to us maybe by drinking river water, exposing body to the sun etc, in the future(3024 you suggested) this might happen and scientists may discover drinking from river is harmful, eating animal meat is harmful, having sex with no vaccine will be harmful, many thing might occur in the future or may not.

But Presently, there is no harm in masturbation, it is healthy and normal, it reduce risk of prostate cancer.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by jtigwell0: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
tintingz:
SMH, Lol... The way some people reason ehn, they just look for a word that will suit them.

As years goes by, new diseases, viruses, radiations may developed from nature or whatever will caused it, this can cause harm to us maybe by drinking river water, exposing body to the sun etc, in the future(3024 you suggested) this might happen and scientists may discover drinking from river is harmful, eating animal meat is harmful, having sex with no vaccine will be harmful, many thing might occur in the future or may not.

But Presently, there is no harm in masturbation, it is healthy and normal, it reduce risk of prostate cancer.
Why i you running in a circle?
you are still on my point...

What is good is GOOD, and what is bad is BAD!
circumstances changes things, quite alright!
In Islam for example, its not permissible for a man to come in a very close contact with a woman not his wife, if it is done, it is categorized under BAD, but in a circumstance where maybe the woman is drowning in a river and the man enters the river to save her, sure there will be very close contact, but since it was done because of the circumstances she was, it will be categorized under GOOD.

So in essence, what is good will always be GOOD, bad will always be BAD, truth will always be TRUTH and the likes but situations may cause them to change briefly...

...and also, because masturbation has some benefits doesn't make it GOOD, it has greater bad effects... even dying has health benefits, eating poison also has its benefits healthwise... so your point is?? grin
go figure... grin grin grin
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2017
jtigwell0:
Why i you running in a circle?
you are still on my point...

What is good is GOOD, and what is bad is BAD!
circumstances changes things, quite alright!
In Islam for example, its not permissible for a man to come in a very close contact with a woman not his wife, if it is done, it is categorized under BAD, but in a circumstance where maybe the woman is drowning in a river and the man enters the river to save her, sure there will be very close contact, but since it was done because of the circumstances she was, it will be categorized under GOOD.

So in essence, what is good will always be GOOD, bad will always be BAD, truth will always be TRUTH and the likes but situations may cause them to change briefly...
Wrong, what is good is not good and what is bad is not bad, that statement is fallacious.

Like a quote by Charles Addams said "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”.

What is good to me might be bad to you and what is bad to me might be good to you, we are the inventors of good and bad.

In Islam beating your wife is good, to me it is bad, stoning and flogging adulterers, fornicators is good to you in Islam but to me it is bad and barbaric, killing gays is bad to me but to you in Islam it is good, killing apostate is good to you but to be it is bad and barbaric, Allah sending unbelievers to hell is good in Islam but to me it is bad and cruel, Allah destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah is good to you in Islam but to me it is bad and cruel because there must be good people and children he destroyed and so many more. So what's good to you or in Islam might be bad to me and vice versa.

...and also, because masturbation has some benefits doesn't make it GOOD, it has greater bad effects... even dying has health benefits, eating poison also has its benefits healthwise... so your point is?? grin
go figure... grin grin grin
There is NO greater bad effect in masturbation except for compulsive masturbation which is part of compulsive behavior, no medical scientists said it has greater bad effect, I will like to see a medic source that said masturbation is not normal(natural) but has serious bad effect.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by jtigwell0: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2017
tintingz:
Wrong, what is good is not good and what is bad is not bad, that statement is fallacious.

Like a quote by Charles Addams said "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”.

What is good to me might be bad to you and what is bad to me might be good to you, we are the inventors of good and bad.

In Islam beating your wife is good, to me it is bad, stoning and flogging adulterers, fornicators is good to you in Islam but to me it is bad and barbaric, killing gays is bad to me but to you in Islam it is good, killing apostate is good to you but to be it is bad and barbaric, Allah sending unbelievers to hell is good in Islam but to me it is bad and cruel, Allah destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah is good to you in Islam but to me it is bad and cruel because there must be good people and children he destroyed and so many more. So what's good to you or in Islam might be bad to me and vice versa.

There is NO greater bad effect in masturbation except for compulsive masturbation which is part of compulsive behavior, no medical scientists said it has greater bad effect, I will like to see a medic source that said masturbation is not normal(natural) but has serious bad effect.
Normal is also an illusion now right? grin pseudoscientists and their delusion...
by your logic, if i personally see killing and raping as normal, i should go ahead with it?
and apostasy is punishable by DEATH in the US you know? go figure.. grin

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Hibrahym: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2017
tintingz:
Prophet Muhammed an arabian man came and[b] re-write jews stories [/b]and said it is the correct story of the jews that the jews have corrupted their stories and i believed this in the past. undecided

See the guy who claim to be an "Intellectual", what a tragedy!
Which Jewish stories?
What evidence of re-write?
Who narrated the stories to him?

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2017
jtigwell0:
Normal is also an illusion now right? grin pseudoscientists and their delusion...
by your logic, if i personally see killing and raping as normal, i should go ahead with it?
Boko haram, Alqaeda, ISIS, Al-shabab etc sees killing unbelievers and raping their women as normal by following Islamic manuscripts, Adolf Hitler sees killing the Jews as normal because they killed Jesus, the white colonials sees taken slaves as normal because that's the trend in those days, even during the ancient Jews and Arabs keeping slaves is normal then. Morality evolve, what is moral, normal in those days is not normal in this present days, what's moral in your society might be immoral in my society.

This is where empathy comes in, having empathy determines your goodness.

"Normal is an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" is very deep quote. Spider and fly can't live in harmony because cob webs are harmful to flies and spiders don't fly.

and apostasy is punishable by DEATH in the US you know? go figure.. grin
U.S is a secular state not a religious political state, there is freedom to practice any belief, you have freedom to leave and join, there is freedom of speech and expression so how is apostasy a punishment by death in U.S, what is punishable by death is an act of treason, treason is trying to kill the government or overthrown the leader.

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2017
Hibrahym:

See the guy who claim to be an "Intellectual", what a tragedy!
Which Jewish stories?
What evidence of re-write?
Who narrated the stories to him?
There is no evidence an Angel appeared to Prophet Muhammad nor any other prophets.

The Jews owns the stories in the Bible that was re-writen in the Quran, all the Prophets, location were Hebrews and in Israel, the Jews believes in Yahweh who told them they are the chosen people, they believe a messiah is coming and Jesus showed up claiming the messiah, the Jews knew he's not the Messiah as he didn't possess the messianic prophecies so they killed him, Christianity was given birth and new testament was written down, thousand years later Muhammed from Saudi arabia came saying an angel appeared to him in a cave that said the Jew stories are corrupted, he re-write some Jews stories from the Bible and said it the correct one and Arabs and Muslims are the chosen one by Yahweh (now Allah), the Jews, Christians also reject Muhammed, because they believe their God Yahweh or El cannot hate them or chose a prophet from Arabia.

Each religion are now claiming religious supremacy, I'm the right one you're the wrong one, you're going to hell I'm going to heaven bla bla bla...

So imagine and Igbo man came and said he knows the correct story of Oduduwa, Obatala and ile ife and said Olorun hate yorubas, will you take such person serious? Will you even believe in the person? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by Hibrahym: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2017
tintingz:
I believe science, facts, historical evidence. smiley

Nah! ur Mantra is lack of insight and Ignorance!

There is a difference btw Fact and Truth.
Fact != Truth
Fact <> Truth
Fact ≠ Truth

A fact might graduate to become truth or NOT.

Science:
- Sun used to be a stationary, now it's moving, HELLO SCIENTISTS!
- Atoms were the smallest, until I discovered electrons and the family. HELLO SCIENCE!

And as for the corrupt:
- Fat was the cause of obessity, until we found that the science (i.e the study, research) was sponsored by beneficiary of Sugar!
And what do u do about these scams (i.e if u ever knew it was staged!).

And how Scientists fool themselves: http://www.nature.com/news/how-scientists-fool-themselves-and-how-they-can-stop-1.18517

So which Science are u talking about.
Re: What Islam Says On Masturbation. by tintingz(m): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hibrahym:

Nah! ur Mantra is lack of insight and Ignorance!

There is a difference btw Fact and Truth.
Fact != Truth
Fact <> Truth
Fact ≠ Truth

A fact might graduate to become truth or NOT.
When something is fact it can't be rejected or disputed, truth is a sentence to anything you feel it is true, truth can be bias sometimes, i can say Santa Claus exist which is the truth to me but not truth to you but when it is proven then the truth is the truth and it becomes fact, it is left for someone to accept it as truth or false. What is declear a fact is automatically truth but may not be truth to you but it is still the truth. Fact judge truth, truth goes with fact.

Fact = Cannot be disputed and reject

Truth = Can be reject and disputed

Science:
- Sun used to be a stationary, now it's moving, HELLO SCIENTISTS!
- Atoms were the smallest, until I discovered electrons and the family. HELLO SCIENCE!
Science evolve in research and results, before humans don't know how lightning and thunder works, they think is is kind of some god anger like sango, Thor, Zeus but now scientists know what causes lightning and thunder.

The Quran said the moon and the sun goes in it own orbit, science don't agree with this, the Quran said the moon was once splitted into two, science don't agree with this, this might be truth to you but NOT truth to me as it is not a fact.

And as for the corrupt:
- Fat was the cause of obessity, until we found that the science (i.e the study, research) was sponsored by beneficiary of Sugar!
And what do u do about these scams (i.e if u ever knew it was staged!).
Science now know what causes obesity, what's your point here? Does the Quran talk about how people get fat or how to cure malaria?

And how Scientists fool themselves: http://www.nature.com/news/how-scientists-fool-themselves-and-how-they-can-stop-1.18517

So which Science are u talking about.
Scientists are not gods that are 100% perfect, they don't claim to be perfect, you should give them credits for the good job they have done in solving many humans problems. The article talks about scientists problem which is normal, in religion there are also problems so what is the big deal here?

Quran didn't give us cure to many diseases, it didn't give us what genotype is, I wonder why you have problem with science that answered this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting / He Is Married And Has Wet Dreams; Should He Entertain Any Fear? / Treating The Husband’s Addiction To Pornography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.