Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Ethics On Sleeping - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ethics On Sleeping (12565 Views)

Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / Sleeping Position According To Islam / Admissibility Of Sleeping In The Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethics On Sleeping by Lukgaf(m): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2017
Alhamdulillah wasolatu wasalam 'ala rosulillah.

I would like to state that:

1. Bad dream is part of symptoms some notice before sickness (like Malarial)

2. What we eat and what we watch or listen to sometimes contribute to Erotic Dream (like indecent dresses by male and female, music by female or watching female dancing etc)

This topic will not complete if ethics of sleeping is not mentioned.

Ethics of Sleeping

Among ethics of sleeping are:

1. Recitation of Aayat al-Kursiy: It was reported that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came and started to scatter the food. I took hold of him and said, ‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’… He said, ‘When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi and you will be protected by Allaah, and no shaytaan (devil) will come near you until morning.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘He told you the truth even though he is a liar. That was a shaytaan.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3101).

2. Recitation of the last two aayahs of Surat al-Baqarah It was reported that Abu Mas’ood al-Badri (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘The last two aayahs of Soorat al-Baqarah – whoever recites them at night, they will be sufficient for him.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3786; Muslim, 807). Al-Nawawi said: “Concerning the phrase, ‘The last two aayahs of Soorat al-Baqarah – whoever recites them at night, they will be sufficient for him’, it was said that it means, they will be sufficient for him instead of praying qiyaam al-layl, or as protection from Shaytaan, or as protection from vermin. It could mean all of these things.” (Sharh Muslim, 6/91, 92).

3. To blow into hands, recite Surahs 112, 113 and 114, and wipe hands over face and body.
It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to his bed, he would blow into his hands and recite Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad (Soorah 112) and the Mi’wadhatayn (Surahs 113 and 114). Then he would wipe his hands over his face and his body, as far as they could reach.” ‘Aa’ishah said: “When he fell ill, He would ask me to do that for him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5416; Muslim, 2192)

4. Saying authentic prescribed adhakar and du’a before sleeping.
Muslim, 2713, al-Tirmidhi, 3392; Abu Dawood, 5067

Please see others in Riyadh Saliheen, Hisnu Muslim, Saheeh Adhkar etc

Also, while sleeping one may be beaten and see the mark when he/she wake up or answer a call that results to death or strange sickness. This is beyond dream, it is the work of witchcraft.

Sihr (witchcraft) is done sometimes that the evildoer will prepare a statue or an object, give it the name of a target (victim). With the support of Shayateen, anything done to that object may affect the targeted person if Allah wish. Sometimes as the soul moves out confirmed in Q39:42, they may invite or call the soul for operation if Allah wish they can succeed.

This is one of the pivot reasons for us to remain protected every moment, especially before sleeping, see ethics of sleeping please!

May Allah grant us benefiting understanding and protect us and our family from fitnah of evildoer among man and jinn.

*FIQH CLASS

23 Likes

Re: Ethics On Sleeping by iamdull(m): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2017
FTC
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by Walexz02(m): 9:04am On Aug 18, 2017
Jazakallah khairan op

3 Likes

Re: Ethics On Sleeping by kheart(m): 9:04am On Aug 18, 2017
Interesting, jzkahiar

1 Like

Re: Ethics On Sleeping by uridiwan(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2017
iamdull:
FTC
Jazakallahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Ethics On Sleeping by empressteemah06(f): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2017
Aliamdulilahi.. May Allah continue to protect Us
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by empressteemah06(f): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2017
kheart:
Interesting, jzkahiar
uhm.whats jzkairan.laziness to type tongue
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by Fizah: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Thank you.
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by klassykute(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Why do i have to swear first before i comment on a muslim thread? Lalasticlala wen dis wan start?
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by MhizzAJ(f): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2017
klassykute:
Why do i have to swear first before i comment on a muslim thread? Lalasticlala wen dis wan start?

Exactly
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by iamdull(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2017
klassykute:
na so them dey do here oo
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by pmc01(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Ma shaa Allah. JazakaLLahukhayr
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by Hafsat24(f): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2017
A good reminder.. Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by youngerikina40(m): 9:33am On Aug 18, 2017
Me don swear my own oooo lala wen dat one start.
Abi my eyes dey deceive me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad sad
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by chakula: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2017
May Allah's protection sorrounded every Muslim and be free from satan handwork.
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by KhalDroggo: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Quality20:

u guys lack decorum that's y u guys r being restricted from commenting on Muslim threads. Even though we Muslims know Jesus was never crucified but how will it be if a non xtian shd mock n insult xtianity for thay

All I did was ask a question based on an authentic hadith narrated by Aisha. Kindly point out in what way I expressed any rudeness.
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by mrMeen(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2017
KhalDroggo:

All I did was ask a question based on an authentic hadith narrated by Aisha. Kindly point out in what way I expressed any rudeness.
it is to show that prophet Mohammed is a normal human being and can be affected by any hazard that can affect any human. And that we should worship Allah (sw) for he alone is above all ailments and disabilities.
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by slimtoney(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2017
In addition to that,it is just for us the Muslims to not deify him and realize that Prophet muhammed (S.A.W) is just but a human being who is absolutely under the wills and control of the Supreme Being, Allah. That he is chosen by Allah to be his messenger does not make him a god or super natural being. We do not worship him, we worship his creator and the creator of the universe and every thing in it.
mrMeen:
it is to show that prophet Mohammed is a normal human being and can be affected by any hazard that can affect any human. And that we should worship Allah (sw) for he alone is above all ailments and disabilities.
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by Bimpe29: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
Aameen. Jazakallahu khair for this educative piece. Juma't Mubarak!
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by Kayberry101: 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
Anyone Muslim brother and sister that are eager to get married according to the sunnah,which they are ready to mingle with our single bro and sister, there is a group I will like to recommend for you,am sure you will never regret joining...

I got my missing rib in the forum and which we are getting married soon

Contact me via my whatapps number
Re: Ethics On Sleeping by tola4think(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
jazakhalahu Aikhran

(1) (Reply)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / What Is The Ruling On Freelancing Work? Its Halaal Or Haraam Sides? / A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.