Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Maintaining Your Word. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maintaining Your Word. (427 Views)

New Series: Keeping It Real: Maintaining Equilibrium / Drop Your Word Of Prayer For Nigeria / The Poor Doesn’t Need Your Word, Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 8:17am On Aug 18, 2017
Center verse: Judges 11:35( KJV) " And it came to pass,when he saw her,that he rent his cloth,and said,Alas,my daughter! thou have brought me very low ,and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD and I cannot go back." TEXT: JUDGES 11:29-40. An American author by name Vincent Norman Peale who was the messenger of the theory of" Power of positive thinking " realised once that " promises are like babies crying in the theatre; they should be taking away immediately. It is very shameful that,more than half of the promises made each day are not fulfilled. It is even more unfortunate when it comes to pledges people make to God without carried out. In the reference of today,Jephthah's vow,may be rather rash but not so his consecration to make the vow good. By the set up provided, Jephthah was a leader in Israel who lead them to war against the Ammonites. It was in a link with that war he vowed to God to offer whatsoever comes to the door to meet him,provided God will grant him victory. The Lord granted him total victory. But on his arrival, it was only his daughter child, that came out to meet him. It was actually very tormenting condition. But Jephthah would not withdrawn on his vow. He dedicated his only child to the Lord. Jephthah's motivating factor as regards his consecration to perform the vow and redeem a pledge, the sacrifice never mind,is worthy of emulation. This is the Biblical injunction on this matter:"when you make a vow to God,do not delay to fulfill it..... It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it. Ecclesiastics 5:4,5(NIV). How boldly and faithful are you in maintaining your promises, not only to God but also to men? Remember, in the day of God's judgement, we are judged by promises kept,not by promises made and unfulfilled. Further Bible verse:Genesis 37:29, Ecclesiastes 5:2. Source:https://christiangospelng..com.ng/2017/08/maintaining-your-word.html?
Re: Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Chuks4prince:
Center verse: Judges 11:35( KJV) " And it came to pass,when he saw her,that he rent his cloth,and said,Alas,my daughter! thou have brought me very low ,and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD and I cannot go back." TEXT: JUDGES 11:29-40. An American author by name Vincent Norman Peale who was the messenger of the theory of" Power of positive thinking " realised once that " promises are like babies crying in the theatre; they should be taking away immediately. It is very shameful that,more than half of the promises made each day are not fulfilled. It is even more unfortunate when it comes to pledges people make to God without carried out. In the reference of today,Jephthah's vow,may be rather rash but not so his consecration to make the vow good. By the set up provided, Jephthah was a leader in Israel who lead them to war against the Ammonites. It was in a link with that war he vowed to God to offer whatsoever comes to the door to meet him,provided God will grant him victory. The Lord granted him total victory. But on his arrival, it was only his daughter child, that came out to meet him. It was actually very tormenting condition. But Jephthah would not withdrawn on his vow. He dedicated his only child to the Lord. Jephthah's motivating factor as regards his consecration to perform the vow and redeem a pledge, the sacrifice never mind,is worthy of emulation. This is the Biblical injunction on this matter:"when you make a vow to God,do not delay to fulfill it..... It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it. Ecclesiastics 5:4,5(NIV). How boldly and faithful are you in maintaining your promises, not only to God but also to men? Remember, in the day of God's judgement, we are judged by promises kept,not by promises made and unfulfilled. Further Bible verse:Genesis 37:29, Ecclesiastes 5:2. Source:https://christiangospelng..com.ng/2017/08/maintaining-your-word.html?
"Defer not to maintain your promises"
Re: Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2017
Chuks4prince:
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow .It empties today of its strength." (Corrie Ten Boom)
Re: Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chuks4prince:
"To be a soul winner is the happiest thing in the world. And with every soul you bring to Jesus Christ, you seem to get a new heaven here upon earth" (Charles Surgeon)
Re: Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chuks4prince:
" I was cradled in the home of pity,nurtured with the tenderest care,taught the gospel from my youth up,with the holiest example of my parents, the best possible checks all around to prevent me running into sin."(C. H. Surgeon)
Re: Maintaining Your Word. by Chuks4prince(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chuks4prince:
"The most common mistake couples make while trying to resolve conflict is to respond before they have the full picture." (Dr. Gary Chapman)

(1) (Reply)

What Pastor Ibiyomie Really Said: The Truth / How Should Christians View Weapons Of Mass Destruction / WMDs? / Biblical Prophecy: Why The World Will End On Sept. 23 - Christian Numerologists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.