Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! (759 Views)

Delta Is 2nd Least Poor State In Nigeria - NBS / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures / Lagos Ranks 2nd On World’s Least Liveable Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by IkpuMmadu: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2017
Nigeria’s commercial nerve centre, Lagos, has been ranked second on the World’s Least Liveable City by the Econo­mist.

Lagos came behind Da­mascus and ahead of Tripo­li, Libyan and Dhaka, Sene­gal on the yearly report of the Economist.

And for the seventh year running, Melbourne, Aus­tralia is the World’s Most Liveable City.

The Economist further said that terrorism and dip­lomatic tensions are eroding living conditions worldwide.

The Australian city came number one from 140 cities slightly ahead of the Austrian capital Vienna, with the Ca­nadian trio of Vancouver, To­ronto and Calgary complet­ing for the top five.

“This is a win for all Vic­torians, who contribute so much to making Melbourne the best place to live in the world”, said Victorian State Premier Daniel Andrews.

According to Agence Presse France (AFP), the survey, released Wednesday, scores cities on five broad categories: stability, health­care, culture and environ­ment, education, and infra­structure.

The Economist’s Intelli­gence Unit found that me­dium-sized cities in wealthy countries fared best.

“These can foster a range of recreational activities without leading to high crime levels or overburdened infrastructure”, the report said.

Major hubs like New York, London, Paris and Tokyo were hives of activity but lost points due to high levels of crime and overcrowded pub­lic transport.

More broadly, global stabil­ity continued to weaken due to the increase in terror-relat­ed incidents worldwide.

“Violent acts of terrorism have been reported in many countries, including Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, France, Pakistan, Sweden, Turkey, the UK and the US,” the report found.

“While not a new phe­nomenon, the frequency and spread of terrorism have in­creased noticeably and be­come even more prominent.”

The United States had seen a decline in a number of its cities over the past few years related to growing unrest.

“This stems in part from unrest related to a number of deaths of black people at the hands of police officers”, the report found.

“In addition, the country has seen protests held in re­sponse to President Trump’s policies and executive orders.”

Source

https://etimes.com.ng/lagos-worlds-2nd-least-liveable-city/

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Which Lagos? The same Lagos wey I dey? Afonjas, don't make me laugh bro

1 Share

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by nNEOo(m): 9:17am On Aug 18, 2017
Yeah we know but we HERE......

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by powerkey: 11:07am On Aug 18, 2017
Truly, Lagos is a terrible place to live.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by sarrki(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2017
Eko onibaje
Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by sarrki(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2017
powerkey:
Truly, Lagos is a terrible place to live.

I don't want o know where you come from

All I know is Lagos will favour you

1 Like

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by sarrki(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2017
nNEOo:
Yeah we know but we HERE......

God has blessed the Omoluabis with Lagos

Haters can go and die
Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by sarrki(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2017
liberalsinnerx:
Which Lagos? The same Lagos wey I dey? Afonjas, don't make me laugh bro

The words that comes out of a man

Shows how bitter they are about the Omoluabis

Every hater of Omoluabis will end up in the lagoon
Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by nNEOo(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
sarrki:

God has blessed the Omoluabis with Lagos

Haters can go and die

......ait now run along

1 Like

Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by Max24: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Seems like Lagos is the only city in Nigeria worth comparing with the rest. That's an achievement to me. To the economist others don't even exist.
Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by christejames(m): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Lagos may be a terrible place to live but the basis this so called agency used in judging the city is questionable. Because Nigeria is battling with Boko Haram in the north east doesn't make Lagos in the south unsafe.
Re: LAGOS: World’s 2nd Least Liveable City !!! by IkpuMmadu: 5:47am On Aug 19, 2017
Max24:
Seems like Lagos is the only city in Nigeria worth comparing with the rest. That's an achievement to me. To the economist others don't even exist.

Abuja nko

(1) (Reply)

Reuben Abati- Speech On The Funny President Trending Ads / Widow Commends Gov Ibikunle Amosun, Demand For More / Kanu Told His Members To Burn Down The Country If He Is Re-arrested - Uwazurike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.