Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? (2257 Views)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Man Threatens To Lynch Charly Boy For "Ridiculing Buhari, Nigerian Messiah" / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2017
You think the men who organised and partook in the attempted lynching of Late Justice Oputa’s Son, Charles Oputa, also known as Charly Boy, are the few men you saw that day? Do you really think that those ordinary men tried to put him to death because they cared so much about truth and justice and patriotic to the country they were trying to kill for? You think they did it simply because they were supporters of the President, Muhammadu Buhari?

You think they tried it because they are the most backward of this country’s backward citizens? All Charly Boy wanted was to give the country a face lift. He, like so many others, are tired of having a visiting President. The weak cord binding the fibres of this country’s soul has been weakened further in the man’s absence. Charly was, in his words, trying to wipe out our generational dumbness as a people. And that was what it seemed like.

Read Full Article Here:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/know-charly-boy-almost-lynched/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2017
This country is useless on every level...

What a country!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2017
Charles Kaye Okoye wrote:

Nigeria has been importing petroleum products for many years now despite being a major oil producer!
. . . U no protest!

For decades, all the nations refineries remained dead. Despite the humongous funds pumped into their rehabilitation, they remained dead as the funds ended in party men's pockets.
. . . U no protest!

The entire roads in the nation were death traps, despite funds disbursed yearly for rehabilitation. Still nothing! Monies ended up in few individuals' deep pocket.
. . . No protest!

N11trn wasted in power sector rehabilitation, even as the nation progressively sank into deeper darkness. Monies gone down the usual route!
. . . Oga no protest!

Oga hear say only madam conner money wey fit give this nation 10 world-class hospitals!
. . . Oga bone! No protest!

We all grew up meeting tap water dotting our streets, provided and serviced by water board. But we watched as these progressively went into extinction, despite huge budgetary allocation to water board every year.
. . . E no reach to protest!

We are inundated with Halliburton scandal, Siemens scandal, Malabu Oil scandal. NNPC missing $20bn.
. . . Dem no reach to protest!

Workers are owed many months despite prompt disbursement of monthly allocations, bailout funds, Paris Club refunds. Governors use the funds to build private hotels, while workers and their children starve.
. . . We no need to protest!

The only thing worth protesting is an ill president's 'long' absence on medical leave, despite fulfilling all constitutional requirements.

Bros, this nation belongs to us all. In what is clearly a scramble for the soul of this nation, I and millions of other well-meaning Nigerians that staged a bloodless revolution in 2015 to take back our nation, have taken our stand. We stand with Buhari! We stand with better Nigeria! We stand with change!

Months to the 2015 presidential election, Doyin Okupe could not help but acknowledge that Nigerians had rallied round Buhari with "Sai Baba" renting the air. Today, that same crowd is still there.

Charly Boy can go on to build a house in Fountain square, but until he beams his mirror on our self-serving NASS and money-for-judgement judiciary, Charles Oputa is completely on his own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
Charles Kaye Okoye wrote:

Nigeria has been importing petroleum products for many years now despite being a major oil producer!
. . . U no protest!

For decades, all the nations refineries remained dead. Despite the humongous funds pumped into their rehabilitation, they remained dead as the funds ended in party men's pockets.
. . . U no protest!

The entire roads in the nation were death traps, despite funds disbursed yearly for rehabilitation. Still nothing! Monies ended up in few individuals' deep pocket.
. . . No protest!

N11trn wasted in power sector rehabilitation, even as the nation progressively sank into deeper darkness. Monies gone down the usual route!
. . . Oga no protest!

Oga hear say only madam conner money wey fit give this nation 10 world-class hospitals!
. . . Oga bone! No protest!

We all grew up meeting tap water dotting our streets, provided and serviced by water board. But we watched as these progressively went into extinction, despite huge budgetary allocation to water board every year.
. . . E no reach to protest!

We are inundated with Halliburton scandal, Siemens scandal, Malabu Oil scandal. NNPC missing $20bn.
. . . Dem no reach to protest!

Workers are owed many months despite prompt disbursement of monthly allocations, bailout funds, Paris Club refunds. Governors use the funds to build private hotels, while workers and their children starve.
. . . We no need to protest!

The only thing worth protesting is an ill president's 'long' absence on medical leave, despite fulfilling all constitutional requirements.

Bros, this nation belongs to us all. In what is clearly a scramble for the soul of this nation, I and millions of other well-meaning Nigerians that staged a bloodless revolution in 2015 to take back our nation, have taken our stand. We stand with Buhari! We stand with better Nigeria! We stand with change!

Months to the 2015 presidential election, Doyin Okupe could not help but acknowledge that Nigerians had rallied round Buhari with "Sai Baba" renting the air. Today, that same crowd is still there.

Charly Boy can go on to build a house in Fountain square, but until he beams his mirror on our self-serving NASS and money-for-judgement judiciary, Charles Oputa is completely on his own.
You have a point but did you read the article to understand the point it is trying to convey? When did it become unconstitutional and warrant jungle justice for a person to protest against whatever thing, no matter how silly, he feels is worth protesting for? Try to read the op.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
You have a point but did you read the article to understand the point it is trying to convey? When did it become unconstitutional and warrant jungle justice for a person to protest against whatever thing, no matter how silly, he feels is worth protesting for? Try to read the op.
It's not unconstitutional to protest! but I won't do it in a market in Onitsha abusing Ojukwu or the iPOB master (Nnamdi).

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
It's not unconstitutional to protest! but I won't do it in a market in Onitsha abusing Ojukwu or the iPOB master (Nnamdi).
But onitsha is in amambra, which is south south and the last time i check, amambra is not even 100% support of biafra, so whats your point?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2017
I always tell you you don't deserve the name MalcolmX. So because he didn't protest then so he doesn't have any right to protest now?
Aunty oby protested then, did you see how she was humiliated when she attempted to protest under this 'regime'?

Do you know even if Buhari sends 2years outside this country, he would still not have broken any law? And people, you people would still hail him? You are not doing Buhari or Nigeria any good by supporting Buharis continued absense from this country. We must tell ourselves the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2017
I believe NIGERIA is the most corrupt country on earth, so any bad thing that happens is expected, "The only way to reduce this madness is 2019, making sure that a christian and a man with good past records take the mantle of leadership, "A man like fani kayode, fayose, there are many good men both in niger delta and in the west.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:

Asking Buhari the man they voted for to resume or resign translates to abusing him? How do you people even think? Which kind of people are these ones?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
I believe NIGERIA is the most corrupt country on earth, so any bad thing that happens is expected, "The only way to reduce this madness is 2019, making sure that a christian and a man with good past records take the mantle of leadership, "A man like fani kayode, fayose, there are many good men both in niger delta and in the west.

So fayose has good past record? Does FFK have any record that is worthy of emulation? What is wrong with you people? Why would you people are the truth and cover it? Gosh!
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
But onitsha is in amambra, which is south south and the last time i check, amambra is not even 100% support of biafra, so whats your point?
My point is don't go to a market in SE and protest or be misperceived as abusing Ojukwu or the lesser god like Nnamdi. Even the girlish look of Charley is enough to draw a crowd to him and be mistaken as a homo in that environment; and you know what that means. Just use a little sense in whatever you're doing unless your name is Mr. Sorry.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

So fayose has good past record? Does FFK have any record that is worthy of emulation? What is wrong with you people? Why would you people are the truth and cover it? Gosh!
BUHARI'S BROTHER spotted.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
BUHARI'S BROTHER spotted.

Go and play with your mates...

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
My point is don't go to a market in SE and protest or be misperceived as abusing Ojukwu or the lesser god like Nnamdi. Even the girlish look of Charley is enough to draw a crowd to him and be mistaken as a homo in that environment; and you know what that means. Just use a little sense in whatever you're doing unless your name is Mr. Sorry.
well i get your point, but i believe the police are to be blame for the attack, Because in a develop country, the police makes sure that peace and smooth protest is ensured in the wake of any protest. "the police should have assign patrol teams to monitor them incase of any attack or violence.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Asking Buhari the man they voted for to resume or resign translates to abusing him? How do you people even think? Which kind of people are these ones?
Well it may not necessarily mean that. But Charly Boy has failed, you try it.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by dlondonbadboy: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
Well it may not necessarily mean that. But Charly Boy has failed, you try it.

He has not failed..You have failed.

The same way you lot attacked 2face. You support oppression because of crumbs you get from your ogas table..continue!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
Should we then support people who try to lynch others for showing displeasure at a particular person? Is it democratic and the right thing to do? Are we suppose to support the madness? Was he even insulting Buhari? Don't you think they derive strength from this sort of argument you are making?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
There's a difference between opposing a government and being a good man and having capacity to run this country. That's not even the point. The point is, the creation of a culture of respect for the rule of law and commonsense. If we had not institutionalized evil the thought of lynching Charly Boy wouldn't have come up.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
Are you with these comments supporting Jungle Justice? Are you also supporting the abuse of the right to protest? A yes or no will do.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
well i get your point, but i believe the police are to be blame for the attack, Because in a develop country, the police makes sure that peace and smooth protest is ensured in the wake of any protest. "the police should have assign patrol teams to monitor them incase of any attack or violence.
Which Kain police? The police in Nigeria are with whoever is at the helm. Wasn't he teargassed by the police at different location in the same Abuja? 2Face's mum knows more about Nigerian politics than Charly Boy. She advised her son to stay with his music - to leave politics to politicians. The only place Charly would have had a free and peaceful protest in the whole of Nigeria is Lagos, because of its liberal and urbane nature. Even FFK is more sensible in that regard. He prefers to do his own 'protests' - abusing everybody - from the comfort of his room with the added benefit of Chinwedu's beautiful eyes by his side.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by LordOfNaira: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:

Well, Nigeria is not a developed country and Charly Boy knows this too well. What he did was suicidal. Until we get things right, one must be very careful. It's commonsense to avoid places like that when you want to protest against a leader from the North, not especially when you are not even a Northerner yourself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

He has not failed..You have failed.

The same way you lot attacked 2face. You support oppression because of crumbs you get from your ogas table..continue!
Well, Charly not I failed. What we're doing is juxtaposing to see things in focus. We saw how the vaults of the Nigerian treasury were opened to one woman, with her sons flying in private jets, spraying dollars on foreign girls without you or Charly saying anything. That time your mumu never do, because none of you can foresee that disasters always await those who spend above their means.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by LordOfNaira: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

Some months ago, a woman was lynched for preaching close to a mosque somewhere in Abuja and her murderers are walking freely on the street today. No serious attempt was made to bring her killers to justice. The government and top ”activists” only paid lip service to her murder while others neither uttered a word nor did anything positive. Her crime was simply preaching close to a mosque in a secular country.

There was also the case of the woman killed in Kano by religious extremists. The claim was that she insulted the religion of her killers and they delivered her justice. Nothing was done to those murderers who lynched her in the name of religion. And when the President made a statement on social media in response to the matter, it was wrong on all levels. He simply asked that we should be tolerant to the religions of one another.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/know-charly-boy-almost-lynched/

I don't know what you all expected the president to say. He, just like every other Nigerian, knows that we don't yet have a very efficient police (except he wants to lie to himself to feel good). Our police is far from good. The least the president could do in the meantime is to ask people to promote tolerance. If there is tolerance, there would be peace. If you expected more from him, then you should endeavour to read his full speech. Because he said more than the words in bold.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:59am On Aug 18, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I don't know what you all expected the president to say. He, just like every other Nigerian, knows that we don't yet have a very efficient police (except he wants to lie to himself to feel good). Our police is far from good. The least the president could do in the meantime is to ask people to promote tolerance. If there is tolerance, there would be peace. If you expected more from him, then you should endeavour to read his full speech. Because he said more than the words in bold.
If there is a culture of recklessness should the president bend to this culture or rise above them so that others will follow his example? If all presidents keep making statements like that who then will inspire the right thinking?
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
I always tell you you don't deserve the name MalcolmX. So because he didn't protest then so he doesn't have any right to protest now?
Aunty oby protested then, did you see how she was humiliated when she attempted to protest under this 'regime'?

Do you know even if Buhari sends 2years outside this country, he would still not have broken any law? And people, you people would still hail him? You are not doing Buhari or Nigeria any good by supporting Buharis continued absense from this country. We must tell ourselves the truth.

Is Buhari less human than these?
The former PDP Governor of Enugu, Sullivan Chime was away in the UK for over five months on a medical leave treating an undisclosed ailment. But you are now calling for president Buhari to resign because he's in the same UK treating an undisclosed ailment.
The former Taraba State Governor, Suntai who survived a self flown airplane crash, and was taken abroad, brought back and was being wheeled around Government House to finish his tenure, is different from Buhari right?
And it was just okay then because your 'hero' was president.
Show me what you did or wrote in respect of a similar case involving these Nigerians, if at all you're arguing on principles.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Deedeedee5: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
Be deceiving yourself. Is osinbajo not a christain and a pastor? Yet you ebowls hate him. Besides, dont you guys want Biafra again? Or you are confused about what you want?
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by LordOfNaira: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If there is a culture of recklessness should the president bend to this culture or rise above them so that others will follow his example? If all presidents keep making statements like that who then will inspire the right thinking?

He didn't bend to the culture. He only said what he could under the circumstance by charging people to be tolerant of one another's religions. It is like saying "this can be avoided. Let us work hand in hand to ensure that it does not repeat itself". When the killing of blacks by American police became rampant, Obama charged all Americans to be concerned about it. It is the least he could do while promising justice for the affected family.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
LordOfNaira:

He didn't bend to the culture. He only said what he could under the circumstance by charging people to be tolerant of one another's religions. It is like saying "this can be avoided. Let us work hand in hand to ensure that it does not repeat itself". When the killing of blacks by American police became rampant, Obama charged all Americans to be concerned about it. It is the least he could do while promising justice for the affected family.
That's not what it is like. It is like saying "if she had tolerated their religion she wouldn't have died". That's true but it was a very poor thing to say. It gives support rather than condemn the madness.

The President, just like others before him, showed that desire to maintain the status quo. He showed that people's emotions supersede whatever rationale found in any democratic and human society.

Obama didn't respond to the killings by insinuating that blacks should respect the feelings of the whites. His statement was attuned to the dictates of any rational democracy. Ours was different.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Are you with these comments supporting Jungle Justice? Are you also supporting the abuse of the right to protest? A yes or no will do.
I am by that statement supporting common sense. But still it's a matter of believe. If by all means CB believes that Buhari is not good for Nigeria, he has every reason to protest. I don't share his views, so I won't see it his way. And again, as I pointed out, there are cases like Buhari's and none of you or CB was seen demanding those should resign.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
I am by that statement supporting common sense. But still it's a matter of believe. If by all means CB believes that Buhari is not good for Nigeria, he has every reason to protest. I don't share his views, so I won't see it his way. And again, as I pointed out, there are cases like Buhari's and none of you or CB was seen demanding those should resign.
Your statement is off. The question is about the morality of Jungle Justice. Pointing at other cases of stupidity by elected officials is a different matter. Condemn jungle justice when you see it. That's the matter here. Anyone can choose whenever they deem fit to protest against evil, timing doesn't justify evil.
Re: Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? by MalcoImX: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Your statement is off. The question is about the morality of Jungle Justice. Pointing at other cases of stupidity by elected officials is a different matter. Condemn jungle justice when you see it. That's the matter here. Anyone can choose whenever they deem fit to protest against evil, timing doesn't justify evil.
You're advocating situational ethics, which is not good enough. Those who are selective in their treatment of events must have their motives questioned, and that's what is being done. You can't give what you don't have. What are your antecedents? What is your credibility? It's hard to question Oby or Falana, if they're the ones at the vanguard of this.
As for what you call jungle justice - I can't condemn the state. It has the right to disrupt, arrest and even prosecute those it sees as breaching the peace. I am not condemning CB either. It's his motive that's not clear to me. You say Return r Resign: Return against medical advice and if it's Resigning on what basis? On what authority are you and CB basing your arguments. Is it legal (constitutional), medical or on sentiments?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Happening Now / Release Nnamdi Kanu's Dead Body - FFK Tells Buhari / Uproar In PDP Headquarters As APC Flag Was Sighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.