Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

AAU Update ASUU Strike Continues - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAU Update ASUU Strike Continues (564 Views)

Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues / ASUU UPDATE—ASUU And FG Meets An Agreement _see Call Off Date / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AAU Update ASUU Strike Continues by Stephen6229(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2017
*AAU Update*
*OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION, STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA*
*ASUU HAVE NOT CALLED OFF THE ONGOING NATIONWIDE INDEFINITE STRIKE..... THE STRIKE LINGER ON*
*Recall that ASUU had few days ago commenced an indefinite strike across the nation.*
*Please, I know a lot of students are bemused and in a state of dilemma due to the ASUU Nationwide Indefinite Strike*
*ASUU IS YET TO CALL OFF THE STRIKE, NOBODY KNOWS WHEN THE STRIKE WILL BE CALLED OFF*
*Disregard every rumor which says ASUU strike have been called OFF, also stating that School resume academics activities on Monday 21st August 2017 insisting that is a report from ASUU Secretariat. The news is HOKUM, DECEITFUL and FAKE*
*I want to beg all students to mind where they get their information from and the kind of information they spread online, some people come online just to post 2009 or 2013 ASUU news just to make fun out of the situation at hand. I notice almost everybody is now news broadcaster, posting fake news to confuse their fellow students who are anxious to know the latest news as regard the strike. REMEMBER ANYBODY CAN DISSEMINATE INFORMATION BUT NOT ALL PERSONS CAN DISSEMINATE THE RIGHT INFORMATION. Once there is any latest news update I will keep you all updated*
*It will interest you to know that there was a meeting yesterday, Thursday, 17th August 2017 between Federal Government and ASUU.*
*​The end to the ongoing strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) seems not to be in sight as the meeting between the Nigerian government and the union has hit the rocks.*
*During the meeting, which held on Thursday, the Federal Government promised to fulfill some of the conditions being demanded by the Academic Staff Union of Universities in an attempt to end the strike by the union.*
*Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, who convened the meeting with the union leaders, said the government would meet certain conditions.*
*It was gathered that the ASUU leaders who attended the parley did not agree to call off the strike.*
*The ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi who led the executive members of the union to the meeting said he needed to brief other members of the union.*
*IN LINE WITH THE ABOVE NEWS, another meeting was held same yesterday, Thursday, August 17th 2017*
*​The Federal Government said the ongoing industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, will be called off within a week.*
*The announcement was made by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, while meeting with Senate Committee on Tertiary Education at the National Assembly complex.*
*Hmmmm.... Scanning with my Eagle Eye I hope the FG are not giving us false hope*
*NOTE: ASUU STRIKE CONTINUES, THE FG AND EVEN ASUU MEMBERS DON'T KNOW WHEN THE STRIKE WILL BE CALLED OFF*
*In the light of this, Pray for our country Nigeria*
*In all, lets not forget that SUG is highly set to always represent your INTEREST back to back because YOU SPEAK WE LISTEN enabling us WIN TOGETHER*
*AT YOUR SERVICE, COMRADE STEPHEN IKHANE, SUG DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION*
*Add me on whatsapp via +2348181043400 to get news update back to back*
*Share*

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 Federal University Of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) Post UTME Screening / UNN Admission Guide - Ask Your Questions! / Breaking: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Joins ASUU, Declares Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.