Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Common Marketing Mistake You Should Avoid Before You Cramble Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Common Marketing Mistake You Should Avoid Before You Cramble Your Business (360 Views)

8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Marketing Mistake You Should Avoid Before You Cramble Your Business by HotnaijaMarket(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2017
You would agree with me today that business owners are becoming more comfortable than others financial wise. What better way to enjoy yourself other than running a business of your own and deciding how the money would be used.
Well, owning a business, like every other thing is not a bed of rose. Many business owners are seriously making some marketing mistakes that will affect them in a horrible way. The purpose of a marketing plan is to define the necessary steps to achieve your business goals. There's actually a big difference between writing out something that sounds good and something that actually works.
As a business owner, you need to be practical, smart and innovative when making plans to run your business for a long time!
Here are common marketing mistakes and wrong assumptions that could actually ruin your business if not avoided:

1. Depending On Ideas That Worked In The Past:
As a business owner, I hope you do realize that change is the only thing constant in life. Some business owners actually believe that if something isn't broken yet, no need to fix it! They forget that this is in no way a good strategy. That's not to say that you can't build on previous successes, but if you simply expect past successes to continue, you may fail to identify new opportunities or address new issues that are now potentially threatening. Many companies try to ignore competitor innovations and focus incorrectly, on incremental improvements to their existing product lines.
Do you remember how Blackberry dropped from being the dominant smartphone manufacturer after they sold Blackberry Messenger (BBM) to android producers? They saw themselves as makers of things but forgot that their job was to keep improving those things. And then their competitor thought of themselves as customer satisfaction companies, and focused on what customers want and went ahead to provide.

Here's a tip, ditch analogue marketing/research and go digital. People no longer buy newspapers/magazines like before. Everything you do, check online for ideas and to see what customers are saying about your type of product or service. That way, you get to evolve your business as the world evolves.

Continue Reading: http://www.bloggersgist.com/2017/08/common-marketing-mistakes-you-must.html

Get more business and marketing tips here at www.jamesblog.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Huge Promo: Hurry Now!!! / Haulage Urgently Needed / You Need Mobile App For Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.