Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? (3082 Views)

A Ball Of Watermelon That Cost 4000naira (pic) / Watermelon Farming Proper / Watermelon/cucumber Training @ Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, PH And Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
A lot of persons are still skeptical about the profitability of Watermelon farming.

This is largely due to many information marketers making unreachable claims just to pocket your hard-earned income.

By means of this post, I will be showing you the profit potential in watermelon production, and the decision to embark will be purely yours.

Let us carry out this analytical study on a 1 hectare land, as our case study.

We shall look at this by answering these questions:

How big is 1 Hectare land?
With the right distance, how many watermelon plants can be cultivated per hectare?
What is the expected output in terms of balls of watermelon?
How does this translate to money
How much is needed to cultivate 1 hectare of land and what is the average or expected profit

Just follow me, as I provide answers to these questions to the best of my knowledge and experience...

Visit www.agroincome.com/wm to join our free training on watermelon farming

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Question 1: How Big is 1 Hectare of Land?

To lay everything bare, 1 hectare is 10000 square meter.

It means that the length (in meters) X breadth (in meters) of the land should give you 10,000 square meter.

For example, 100 meters by 100 meters land gives you 10,000 square meter, which is 1 hectare.

Since most land sizes are measured in feet and not in meters, let us convert this size to feet.

1 meter equals 3.3 feet. 100 meters therefore will be 330 ft.

Thus, 1 hectare, which is 100 meters by 100 meters is equivalent to 330 ft by 330 ft or 108900 square feet.

How many plots of land (60 ft by 120 ft) can be found in 1 hectare?[i][/i]

Dividing 108900 by 60X120 gives 15.125

In summary, we can get about 15 plots of 60 ft by 120 ft in 1 hectare of land.

Get a detailed 2 weeks free training on your email and Watch a video training when you subscribe to my email list using the link www.agroincome.com/wm

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
Question 2: With the right distance, how many watermelon plants can be cultivated per hectare?

First, what is the right planting distance for watermelon? We shall use an average of 1.2 meter or 4 feet

Using this planting distance, how many watermelon plants can be contained in 1 hectare of land? We can get the number of plants per row by simply dividing 330 ft by 4 ft (or 100 m by 1.2 m), and that gives 82.5 or 83.

To get the number of rows, also divide the row length by the planting distance, which is also 83

Total estimated plants therefore on 1 hectare piece of land is 83 X 83 = 6889 plants.

Let's assume that due to other factors, you only have 5000 good plants, taking 1889 as loss.

Please note: Since we would not be doing the actual measurement of distance before planting, your total plant may be slightly different from the above estimate.

Visit www.agroincome.com/wm for detailed training

1 Share

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Is Anyone actually following?

Before I continue, let me know how many persons are interested in this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by nic2wao: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
You are doing a nice work there.

Keep it up.
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
nic2wao:
You are doing a nice work there.

Keep it up.

Thank you. I will continue shortly when I get a few more persons.
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by Dcrucial: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Am following you .... Kipit up
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by shariff84: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
thanks to the op,ur calculation aspect is correct.nonetheless,watermelon farming is not lucrative as online farmer always display.iam a farmer witih practical experience i want to draw the attention of intending watermelon farmerS to never invest in large scale because the risk involve in watermelon is verfy high.

2 Likes

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by shariff84: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Watermelon is of the most difficult fruit to cultivated in nigeria,forget all the sweet talked.the fruit hate to much rain and also hate shortage rainfull.the fruit alwalys want avarage rainfall with three to four days interval
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by shariff84: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
what will happen when u plant ur watermelon and there is too much rainfall? i swear even if u invest 10million and there is too much rainfall and ur mwatermelon start fruiting,all the fruits!!! will spoil! rutten

1 Like

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by shariff84: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
what will happen when ur water melon start fruit and there is not rainfall?the fruit(balls) willnt grow bigger.this where the fruit need average nrain3d rp sorry rainfall

1 Like

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
hiwebstuff:

following
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by fison(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Yes, kindly proceed.
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by oladekanji(m): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
fison:

Yes, kindly proceed.
Yes oooo
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by netjoe: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
Yes following but I think u shud ave taken a plot as a case study.tanks
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by Idango(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Please continue , but I think a spacing of 1 meter by 1 meter should be enough there by giving us up to 10,000 plants on an hectare.
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
What is the Expected Output in terms of Balls of Watermelon?

It is estimated that a single plant can produce between 1 to 3 balls of watermelon.

Working with the least possibility, 1 plant can at least produce 1 ball of watermelon.

With 5000 plants, total expected ball of watermelon is 5000 plants X 1 ball, and that equals 5000 balls.x

How Does This Translate to Money?

How much is a ball of Watermelon sold in your area? N1000? N800? Make some findings.

You know, the price from the farm must be much less than that. Let's take N200 as the price

from the farm. That gives you N200 X 5000 balls, and that equals N1 Million.

Or to be very modest, let's say a ball goes for N100 from the farm. that still gives you N500,000.

What is the Start-up Capital and the Average or Expected Profit

The cost of planting 1 hectare of watermelon depends on many factors. But let's say N100,000.

Now, take that from the return, and you are getting N400k to 900k profit.

Imagine getting this in 85 days...

Imagine doing this twice a year...

You'll agree that watermelon is truly profitable.

Please Read this NOW

Getting the above results is very possible in an idea situation: perfect weather, optimum moisture content, zero tolerance for pest and disease, adequate sunlight, and effective management.

Managing all of these factors require a lot of training and expertise. Without the right training, one can lose millions in 85 days the way one can easily make millions in 85 days.

The training is still available and you can get it by clicking here

You can also visit the page directly from http://agroincome.com/wm/

1 Like

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by Probityfarms: 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
Interesting Read. You can also get to share your work/ information on my farmers forum.

Click on; www.probityfarms.com/forum

and create your post i am sure you would be able to reach more farmers. keep up the good work
Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by hiwebstuff: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
What Type of Soil is Good for Watermelon?

Can Your Choice of Soil Type Affect Your Yield?

Have you ever wondered why 2 people get different result from the same type of watermelon seed, even when they both work under the same climatic conditions?

This can easily be traced to the soil type.

The fact is: if you plant watermelon on the wrong type of soil, you will get no good result. This is one of the reason why I keep emphasizing on the need for the right training.

What’s the Recommended Soil Type?

The best soil for planting watermelon is sandy-loam soil. Watermelon does well on fertile soils that will not retain too much water.

Continue reading from my blog www.agroincome.com/wm2

Re: Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? by eyems: 12:52am On Feb 22, 2021
Yes it is but not everyone knows the right things to do. Get a business plan, it will help you a great deal
www.businessplaninnigeria.com.ng/watermelon-farming

(1) (Reply)

Largest Cat Fish Farm In W/africa. 10 Tones Of Fish Produced Daily, No Buyers!!! / Mahindra Tractors For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.