Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Should Subsidiaries Be Separately Registered As Companies? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should Subsidiaries Be Separately Registered As Companies? (327 Views)

Is Nairaland, Jumia, Konga Etc Registered As A Business Entity In Nigeria? / Forte Oil Plc: Decent Q1’18 Numbers, Plans To Divest Subsidiaries / Zinox Group Acquires Konga And Its Subsidiaries.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Subsidiaries Be Separately Registered As Companies? by chuksOG: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Needs Business Consultants And Professionals Who Have Answer To This:

If one wants to set up a corporation with different divisions(subsidiaries),
does he have to register the divisions as individual companies (LLC)?

For instance, he calls the corporation "eXels Technologies (GROUP)" with the following divisions: eXels Network, eXels Electronics, eXels Multimedia etc

He wants each of the divisions to be independent of the others.

Now, the question is:
- Does he have to register each division as a Limited Liability Company (ie eXels Networks Ltd, eXels Electronics Ltd etc)

- Or should he register the Group as say eXels Technolgies Ltd, and then register each division as a brand names.

Please let business consultants and professionals do justice to this.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) 1 Share (Un-Share)

Where are the Niaraland's Business gurus.

Please I need the solution to this puzzle, I hope you would'nt mind helping me out here.

Can someone just go to the point and explain this?

I have searched and searched but i have not been able to get any straight forward answer for this.

Other people replying on other posts/platforms clearly don't know how to go about this as their answers are off point or copy and paste.

Please someone should just give a very straight forward answer and not rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Finally: Twitter Doubles Tweet Character limit to 280 from 140 / Promo, Get Your Business Website At 25k Today. (proof Included) / For Your Company Registration (business Name, Ltd Liability & Not For Profit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.