Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 (742 Views)

Latest Job Vacancies In Nigeria For Today, August 19th 2020 / PHOTOS: 30 Youth Sponsored To China To Learn Shoe Making Arrive China / Recruiting 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 by guntavibes(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
Submit your entry here: https://form.myjotform.com/71932791677571

Are you digitally savvy, with an active social media account and a passion for peace building. We are in the process of selecting 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors to support the pilot phase of Battle4Humanity in Nigeria, using an essay competition discussing on the theme; What can I do to prevent violent conflict within my community?

[b]#Battle4Humanity [/b]is a Peace Building Initiative supported by Search for Common Ground positioned to building a generation of vibrant youths who will serve as catalyst for positive change in their communities. We are set to lunch a youthful platform that tackles all forms of violence and extremism and equips our youths to become change makers.

Our approach to conflict transformation adopts the use of dialogue, new and traditional media to promote peace messages and working at the community level.
We are launching a mobile app which will serve with combined features of social media and a gamification model where youths address conflict, embrace their differences, challenge hate and different forms of discrimination, capacity building, gain recognition within their network for their work and further position young people for peace building initiatives within the real world and online spaces.

Battle4Humanity is a social pervasive game to end violent conflict, it goes beyond the game app online to a real world social movement, www.battle4humanity.com.

We believe that young people have a role to play in maintaining peace in their community. Contrary to most popular representations, the majority of youth are not violent. Rather, they can and do play active roles as agents of positive and constructive change.
Since most young people are active on various social platforms there is an opportunity to promote peace building messages rather than hate or discriminatory messages across such platforms.

30 Youth Peace Ambassadors will later on serve as beta-testers of this new platform participating in activities online via the game app and in the real world making a positive change in your community.

The most vibrant Peace Ambassador would attend the 4th African-Europe Youth Summit in Abidjan - Côte d'Ivoire, 2-4 Oct, 2017.

How to Apply:
Send your essay (700-1000 words) writing on the theme; What can I do to prevent violent conflict in my community?
Send your submission in one document in either Microsoft Word or PDF format.

Submission link: https://form.myjotform.com/71932791677571
Submission closes: August 19th, 2017
Age limit 35 years

Follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/battle4humanity/ and twitter https://twitter.com/B4_Humanity for updates.
www.battle4humanity.com

Re: Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 by Teaveapoet(f): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
1. Am not up to 35. 2. short notice. 3. I know the answer. tee#
Re: Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 by guntavibes(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello Teaveapoet,

The age range for participation is between 13 - 35 years.
We had actually posted this weeks ago, this was serving as a reminder.

Cheers.
Re: Search For 30 Youth Peace Ambassadors - Submission Closes, August 19th 2017 by GlobalrunsExp: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Peen Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment --{4 Positions} / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy / Pls Help, I Need FCMB Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.