Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

How To Program? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Program? (1217 Views)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / Want To Program PIC Microcontroller In Assembly Language?[enter HERE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hi everyone, i just like to know if anyone know where i can buy; How To Program by Deitel.
Re: How To Program? by oguntobi(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
riend you can call me up or mail me i have a step by step video tutorial that i bought from lynda.com d best online tutorial.is sold for $$$$$ at lynda.com, but i can burn a copy for just little ####. rich me on 08054458700 or mail me oguntobi09@yahoo.co.uk. i have many of the trainings from lynda.com which has help me strongly in programming and web development. thanks www.imustwork.com
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
Any other person pls, i want to know where i can buy that materials.
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
Those another person know where i can get this material in lagos?
Re: How To Program? by oradilo: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
closed
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
i-Guru:

Hi everyone, i just like to know if anyone know where i can buy; How To Program by Deitel.
oradilo:

@ i-Guru

I dont stay in Lagos, but I'm sure you can get it from any bookshop that sells advanced books. Just check bookshops around Unilag/Lasu. Besides, I have the electronic copy of the book. I've shared it on Send me an email then I'll forward it to you.

PM: bnettel@live.com
thx i have the ebooks. But i still need the hard copy.
Re: How To Program? by oradilo: 11:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
@ I-GURU

I've a friend who bought his copy of Java: How to Program by Dietel in Benin (Mission Road). If you know anyone in Benin, hook up with the person and get a copy.

Cheers
Re: How To Program? by dangbalabi: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
If you are really serious about learning computer programming , then listen to this:
DON'T start your journey by learning a programmnig language like C++, C, Java, Python, or whatnot. First of all, you should learn the necessary programming skills, and not just a programming language. In detail, study multi-facetd algorithms and data structures. Learn about arrays, and other necessary stuff.

After these, you can delve into learning any language you want to learn. Aspire to call yourself a 'good' programmer, and not a 'specific-language' programmer. To be a good programmer, you need to learn at least a dozen programming languages.

My suggestions: one supporting class abstractions(Java or C++), another supporting functional abstractions(LISP OR ML), and so on.

Finally, so many people call themselves programmers because they are able to copy source code ,and then use it. Outstanding programmers creatively produce excellent never-been-used codes. Put in all your efforts: Programmers like to write, so if you are not used to writing, make effort to get used to it.
Re: How To Program? by guru01(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
thx man i really appreciate your words.
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 1:52am On Mar 21, 2010
dangbalabi:

If you are really serious about learning computer programming , then listen to this:
DON'T start your journey by learning a programmnig language like C++, C, Java, Python, or whatnot. First of all, you should learn the necessary programming skills, and not just a programming language. In detail, study multi-facetd algorithms and data structures. Learn about arrays, and other necessary stuff.

After these, you can delve into learning any language you want to learn. Aspire to call yourself a 'good' programmer, and not a 'specific-language' programmer. To be a good programmer, you need to learn at least a dozen programming languages.

My suggestions: one supporting class abstractions(Java or C++), another supporting functional abstractions(LISP OR ML), and so on.

Finally, so many people call themselves programmers because they are able to copy source code ,and then use it. Outstanding programmers creatively produce excellent never-been-used codes. Put in all your efforts: Programmers like to write, so if you are not used to writing, make effort to get used to it.

Can i get this ebook/book from anyone here "Introduction to Algorithm by Thomas H. cormen" first/2nd edition.
I will appreciate your help!!
Thx.
Re: How To Program? by dellnet: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2010
I'd advice you to go with How To Progam by Deitel it will guide you through up to algorithm and data structure. In school they wont start you off with algorithms and data structure. First it will be hello world then UML or pseudocode then control structures, variables and it keeps building up. If you start with a higher level course you will just confuse yourself and not get the right picture. Deitel books are available in almost all high level programming language. So it is for you to pick the right language you need and everything is in there, for example if you think VB.net is what you need then go for it once you are through with the book you will be a real guru in Visual Basic and generic programming.

Back to your first question you can get it at any bookshop selling advanced books available in the major cities average N3K - N5k I dont know of now or amazon.com if you want the original copy in color format.
Re: How To Program? by Bongoman1: 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2010
Re: How To Program? by inkexpress: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2010
Decide what programming language you're interested in, then check out specific forums/user groups online and you could also search for tutorials. Once you've mastered the basics you can start being creative to develop your own unique code.

i.e. for asp.net -

http://www.asp.net/get-started/
www.w3schools.com/ASPNET/default.asp

Hope that helps,
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
Thx guys, i really appreciate your reply.
Algorithm and Data structure will make learning and programing more easy for me than a particular book per language.
Re: How To Program? by Grizzly(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
i-Guru:

Hi everyone, i just like to know if anyone know where i can buy; How To Program by Deitel

My Broda, i beg you
DONT buy that book. That book will ruin an aspiring c++ learner. DONT!!!
I was doing really great until i bought that book
Thats one of the worst decisions i made this year!
Re: How To Program? by iGuru1(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Grizzly
Okay.
So how can i get 'Algorithm and Data structure'
Do you know any advance bookshop around Mile 2 to area, or in Lagos.
Thx for your advice, i have change my mind before you said so grin.
Re: How To Program? by Ishikawa: 9:45am On Mar 24, 2010
You'll get so many programming books in Yaba. My friend buys his books there.

The "disadvantage" of the Deitel books is that they "over-explain". grin
Re: How To Program? by ANASS: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2010
pls i-guru help me and send the algorithm and data structure ebooks if you are able to get any to my email:aliyuanas@yahoo.com . thanks

(1) (Reply)

Putting Annual Report In A Cd / Best Way To Detect An Hybrid App ? / Framework Or A CMS For An E-commerce Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.