Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures (1981 Views)

Top 11 Youngest Footballers In Premier League History (pictures Below) / Players With Most Assists In Football History / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2017

Down we list ten most arrogant men in the football history. In order for any athlete or manager to have made it to the professional level, they will have to be full of self-confidence. Being self-assured and confident is encouraged and important in sports.

This will often lead to arrogance, and these arrogant players and managers are often impressive but always likable.

10. Didier Drobga

Drobga had this ‘’I am more important that everyone’’ attitude about himself that screamed arrogance. He has criticized his manager, complained and thrown tantrums about minor things. He is remembered of his faking injury art form to win undeserved free kicks. You didn’t need to watch Drogba for so long before realizing how arrogant he could be.

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
9. Ashley Cole
Ashley Cole may have been one of the best British left-backs of his generation, but he certainly knew his price. His outrage of Arsenal’s offer of £55,000 instead of £60,000 in 2006 is very well documented in his biography. Cole’s mercenary approach, self-entitlement and arrogance earned him the nickname “Cashley”.

The arrogance went far to cheating his wife Cheryl Cole, and being labeled by Steve Nicol ‘’arrogant’’ after calling MLS an ‘’easy ride’’.

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
8. Arjen Robben

‘’If I were a coach, I know what to do today. I would pick myself.’’
Robben is one of the more decorated players and has proven his credentials time and time again. He is also extremely arrogant. It is apparent in his selfish type of play, goals celebrations, and comments in the media. He is the type of player you would dislike to play with, hate to play against and cause nightmares as a coach.

He told Holland coach Bert Van Marwijk to ‘’Shut Up’’ during a game in Euro 2012

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
7. Louis Van Gaal

‘’I am like God. I never get ill and I am always right.’’
The retired Dutch football manager and former player’s extreme arrogance can be summarized in some of his quotes like; ‘’I am who I am: confident, arrogant, dominant, honest, hard-working and innovative.’’ ‘’Louis Van Gaal has nothing more to learn’’.
When Van Gaal’s managerial path collided with Zlatan, the city wasn’t big enough. In the battle of the egos, Ibrahimovic affirmed that Van Gaal was a ‘’dictator with no sense of humor.’’

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by Mrjo(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
Did u mean blue run in their blood?
Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2017

6. Mario Balotelli

‘’Only Messi is better than me.’’
Mario Balotelli has a lot of potential as a footballer. He is still young and should improve as time goes on. But his arrogance kind of stops him. Countless managers have attempted to tame Balotelli and help him see how he can be great, but this never seems to work and he will resort to wild off pitch antics and arrogant play on the pitch.

Jose Mourinho claimed he was “unmanageable” .

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
5. Eric Cantona

‘’I am not a man, I am Cantona.’’
Call him what you want, but he won’t give a damn about it. It’s not for nothing that Manchester United fans still call him ‘’King Cantona’’.
His arrogance followed him off the pitch when he embarked on an acting career. His movie ‘’Finding Eric’’ tells the story

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
4. Cristiano Ronaldo

‘’It’s surely because I’m good-looking, great and a rich footballer. They’re jealous of me I don’t have any other explanation.’’
No points for guessing; Ronaldo is one of the most obvious cases of arrogance in football as he is such a high profile player and closely watched athlete.

If you have ever watched Ronaldo take a free kick before then you can clearly see his arrogance, but he also throws tantrums and of course will take his shirt off at any given opportunity and the fact that he had his own museum.

He is the King of the ‘’me’’ generation.

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
3. Jose Mourinho

‘’Please don’t call me arrogant, but I am European champion, and I think I am a Special one.’’
One cannot talk of arrogance leaving the father of mind games behind. According to most people, the game should be played on the pitch for 90 minutes and it’s over. According to Jose, the game begins in the pre-match press conference and ends in the post-match press conference.
‘’I don’t like Mourinho’s arrogance. When things don’t work out, he blames the players. No wonder he’s had conflicts at Real and Chelsea.’’ Said former Bosnia coach Susic.

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

‘’I can’t help but laugh at how perfect I am.’’
The Swede is the undoubted King of the ego! No player ranks his own standing in the game higher than Zlatan does. He is a ‘’never my fault’’ sort of player.

“When we were playing together at Juve, he told me: ‘If you won the Scudetto aged 30 it was thanks to me. Before that you hadn’t won anything,'” Cannavaro told Chi magazine.His referral to himself in third person has seen the phrase ‘’to Zlatan’’ become a verb.

Despite the outstanding arrogance, Zlatan is a much loved personality because his arrogance is so extreme and his quotes so entertaining.

AND I BELIEVE HE IS NUMBER ONE!!

Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by benzene00: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
cc lalatisclala
Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by menstrualpad: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Follow my thread on zlatan
Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by eduSwisz(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
My friend remove Drogba from that list
Re: Ten Most Arrogant Men In Football History.. Pictures by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
"Only Messi is better than me" And with those six words,Mario Balotelli established his reputation as a the greatest pathological liar in all of the Earth. All bow!

(1) (Reply)

Mayweather Lavish Cool Money On Ladies After Beating Mcgregor / Vote: Who Will Win This Year's Champions League Title / Bet9ja Soccer Winning League Kickoff!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.