Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! (1562 Views)

Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. / My Dark Mode Version Of Nairaland. / My Version Of Nairaland App For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by escapefromusa(f): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
I asked for a data dump of nairaland sometime ago but the 'gods' would not grant it. Reddit gave out their's sometime ago and it has supported alot of research in machine learning e.t.c . Twitter get scrapped on a daily.

So why can't we have nairaland's db ... for educational purpose of course.

Seun Give Us A Copy !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by Olyboy16(m): 8:03am On Aug 19, 2017
i am totally in support of this!! i can't imagine the amazing solutions that will come from crunching nairaland's data. i have bots on standby to learn from this data.
the data from the politics section is platinum!! so much research juice!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by escapefromusa(f): 11:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
Olyboy16:
i am totally in support of this!! i can't imagine the amazing solutions that will come from crunching nairaland's data. i have bots on standby to learn from this data.
the data from the politics section is platinum!! so much research juice!!

1 Like

Re: Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by Ejiod(m): 11:16am On Nov 28, 2018
Scrap it na with beautiful soup..... To scrape nairaland for data shouldn't be an issue na if you know python well then beautiful soup n spider

1 Like

Re: Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by afonja112: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Everyone knows that the ONLY thing that nairaland has is DATA. If you scrap the DATA and reconstruct a better nairaland, that is like the beginning of the end.
This is why the GODS are scared!!!
Re: Datanemesis 1: In The Minds Of Nairaland, Seun Give Us A Copy ! by micodon(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ejiod:
Scrap it na with beautiful soup..... To scrape nairaland for data shouldn't be an issue na if you know python well then beautiful soup n spider

what do you think data is? do you have access to the DATAbase? smh! ITK

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Cheap .COM.NG Domain Name ₦499 Only Using Promo Code / Best School Management System For Primary And Secondary Schools / Oracle Vs Sql Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.