Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival (25379 Views)

Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Osun Government Bans Social Gatherings At This Year's Osun-Osogbo Festival / Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by muller101(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
This fetish rituals
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by muller101(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
ItalianWine:
Lalasticlala for the past how many days I've been getting sick when I enter nairaland, I can't even explain it. Have you kidnapped NwaAmaikpe again? cos I can't find him anyway. What has the innocent, free sprited young man done to you that you'll take away our joy from nairaland? Please release NwaAmaikpe for us.

#FreeNwaAmaikpe
he is on leave. He uses office Wi-Fi
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by hablink: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
egbe asha wa laruge!

check my signature...
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by FisifunKododada: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
Beautiful...very beautiful culture.
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Trailii: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
allcomage:
this is supposed to be drawing tourists and enriching the state but it doesn't look organised.if such is organized in kenya or rwanda the packaging will be out of the world.we have a long way to go.
people will just open their bucca cavity and spew thrash ... show me pictures of a well organised traditional festival in you so revered Rwanda and Kenya and if you can't you are a son of a bastard... sheybi u don travel go Rwanda before
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Fadiga24(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
[s]
Okoyiboz3:

Coming from someone without a verifiable history, an uncertain present and a bleak future. Isreali yesterday, Jew today, Judas tomorrow, Nigerian when it comes to sharing money.

Even your gods have relocated cos the suffering in ur region is too much. Idemili is selling cocaine in Pakistan, Amadioha is learning fan belt business at Ladipo.
[/s]

Trash, have you mined a skull today ?

1 Like

Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Daboomb: 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Look at this flatheaded piglet. You're clowns because it's animals you clowns worship. Snakes, trees, vultures, bats and some trainee gods.

A drug dealer built a Church in your 'Christian community' and his father was slaughtered in that same church. Guess what the Church donor said? He said they should use traditional means to fish out the killers.

The joke is on you.

Epic!!

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by wristbangle: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Coming from someone without a verifiable history, an uncertain present and a bleak future. Isreali yesterday, Jew today, Judas tomorrow, Nigerian when it comes to sharing money.

Even your gods have relocated cos the suffering in ur region is too much. Idemili is selling cocaine in Pakistan, Amadioha is learning fan belt business at Ladipo.

grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by amokeme(f): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fadiga24:

A head count should be conducted before and after the event, to avoid stories that touch.
Lol...
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by swagagolic01(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
ItalianWine:
Lalasticlala for the past how many days I've been getting sick when I enter nairaland, I can't even explain it. Have you kidnapped NwaAmaikpe again? cos I can't find him anyway. What has the innocent, free sprited young man done to you that you'll take away our joy from nairaland? Please release NwaAmaikpe for us.

#FreeNwaAmaikpe
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by OdenKelechi(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
lol
skull mining festival
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by omokoladele(m): 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
Osogbo oroki asala omo onile obi osogbo ilu aro,
Omo aro dede bi okun aare o peta arepeta mogba o,
Osun osogbo pele o,
Epele o eyin olomoyoyo.

Osogbo oroki gbe onile,otun gbe ajoji osogbo oroki,
Osogbo oroki omo yeye osun yeye atewogbeja,
Aniyun labebe oroki ti eja nla soro, ti ran iko nise osun osogbo,
Rere ni osun fun mi oroki onile obi,
Alaro omo asala

EDUMARE BAWA DA ILU OSOSGBO SI, ASE!!

Aseeee ooooo
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Estherfabian(f): 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
ItalianWine:

I support you dear smiley
But I have his contact on WhatsApp and his last seen was August 16..
You can PM me if you need it.
I see you are one of his greatest fan smiley

#FreeNwaAmaikpe
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Estherfabian(f): 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
ItalianWine:

#FreeNwaAmaikpe

I support you dear smiley
But I have his contact on WhatsApp and his last seen was August 16..
You can PM me if you need it.
I see you are one of his greatest fan smiley
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by ItalianWine(f): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Estharfabian:
uh... What!?

This number you mean?https://www.nairaland.com/estharfabian

I dont blive you Screen shot the last seen let me see
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2017
ItalianWine:

This number you mean?https://www.nairaland.com/estharfabian

I don't blive you Screen shot the last seen let me see
uh...the dude you're conversing with ain't me ma'am.
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by excess4luv: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2017
this could be an Avenue to mine skulls, people are advised to be very vigilant and always touch and confirm that their heads are intact..
I don't want to read stories that touch from this event.
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by abysirius(m): 1:18am On Aug 19, 2017
Osun sengeshe.. oloyi ayun
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by bellotaofeek: 4:29am On Aug 19, 2017
omobritiko:
This is a shame, I have been reading online and watching series of documentaries on yemoja whose original original is from Osun state,yemoja is the biggest goddess and we don't know what we have got...please take some time and find out more for yourself,google yemoja and read the wikipedia...The same festival Nigeria (yoruba) refuse to honour is being honoured all over the world,Portuguese calls her Yemanjá,Spanish calls her Yemayá,French calls her La Sirène and in Pigin mami water.

There is always a big festival everywhere around the world,it's all linked to the same yemoja but different names...Trust me make some research you will be shocked.I will keep this short.

Listen to this song by ibeyi titled river and oya,found the song some years ago...one funny thing I found out recently is Beyoncé deeply into the practice,she dresses like her,make photoshoot like her and almost when the ibeyi twin trended online she met with them,they are deep as well and they are from Cuba.

From the whole research I made,if you google the image of Mary mother of Jesus and you goggle yemoja study the image,the colours in the image,it's almost the same.THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE but somehow some people are trying to convert the yemoja to Mary mother of Jesus badly and they have been successful.if you goggle yemoja on the internet you can see it says its equals to Virgin Mary that is what wiki says but this is not true.I looked deep and I found images of yemoja in Catholic Churches all around Europe,Catholic Churches doing this same festivals being done in Nigeria all over Brazil,Portugal,France,Rome,Italy basically all over the world.

I saw list of things use doing some festivals that looks like osun festival with an image that looks like a mother or Mary by catholic in some European and South America and the list of items needed for the festivals are the same list of things yemoja cherished and the colours,you can research that and be shocked like me

Good reasoning ... lets see if we can write a proposal to the government especially during their first year in office ... we have a lot of tourist attractions here but they are all in sorry state , even Erin Ijesha water fall is a dope too . But our government prefer white elephant projects .

1 Like

Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Bimpe29: 6:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Somewhat bogus...
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by caracas: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Look at this flatheaded piglet. You're clowns because it's animals you clowns worship. Snakes, trees, vultures, bats and some trainee gods.

A drug dealer built a Church in your 'Christian community' and his father was slaughtered in that same church. Guess what the Church donor said? He said they should use traditional means to fish out the killers.

The joke is on you.
Oga u have no proof
But afonja skull mining craft is well documented all over the world wink
Hope a head count was conducted before n after the ritual called festival.
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by bcbones: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2017
omobritiko:
This is a shame, I have been reading online and watching series of documentaries on yemoja whose original original is from Osun state,yemoja is the biggest goddess and we don't know what we have got...please take some time and find out more for yourself,google yemoja and read the wikipedia...The same festival Nigeria (yoruba) refuse to honour is being honoured all over the world,Portuguese calls her Yemanjá,Spanish calls her Yemayá,French calls her La Sirène and in Pigin mami water.

There is always a big festival everywhere around the world,it's all linked to the same yemoja but different names...Trust me make some research you will be shocked.I will keep this short.

Listen to this song by ibeyi titled river and oya,found the song some years ago...one funny thing I found out recently is Beyoncé deeply into the practice,she dresses like her,make photoshoot like her and almost when the ibeyi twin trended online she met with them,they are deep as well and they are from Cuba.

From the whole research I made,if you google the image of Mary mother of Jesus and you goggle yemoja study the image,the colours in the image,it's almost the same.THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE but somehow some people are trying to convert the yemoja to Mary mother of Jesus badly and they have been successful.if you goggle yemoja on the internet you can see it says its equals to Virgin Mary that is what wiki says but this is not true.I looked deep and I found images of yemoja in Catholic Churches all around Europe,Catholic Churches doing this same festivals being done in Nigeria all over Brazil,Portugal,France,Rome,Italy basically all over the world.

I saw list of things use doing some festivals that looks like osun festival with an image that looks like a mother or Mary by catholic in some European and South America and the list of items needed for the festivals are the same list of things yemoja cherished and the colours,you can research that and be shocked like me

MAMI WATER FESTIVAL
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by omobritiko: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2017
caracas:

Oga u have no proof
But afonja skull mining craft is well documented all over the world wink
Hope a head count was conducted before n after the ritual called festival.

STFU your joke is dry
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by omobritiko: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2017
bellotaofeek:

Good reasoning ... lets see if we can write a proposal to the government especially during their first year in office ... we have a lot of tourist attractions here but they are all in sorry state , even Erin Ijesha water fall is a dope too . But our government prefer white elephant projects .

The problem is not even our government,it has got to do with us...Nigerians will go to this festivals but in Spain or Italy or somewhere else...I already see our brothers from the other side cursing out,they thought it has got to do with just yoruba,osun is not yoruba goddess,they even worship her directly or indirectly...they have install her self in your Catholics and your other small small gods that they worship osun is the mother of gods,Hindus calls her something else,it's all linked.AM A CHRISTIAN AND I BELIEVE JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD but these things re deeper than what we think and we all take it for granted.
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
oree yeye o!Oree yeye osun, osun shengese olooya iyun
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nairalanders pls stop dis tribal e-war
Re: Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival by oduastates: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
This song is from your forefathers preserve by those taken as slave.
Only 2 verses on repeat
This song tugs at your heart, it is deep and very spiritual. The feeling of connection with the land and nature.

Mo ri'omi mi ma yo.
I see the river and I see joy,beauty,life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBCUpWCwDJk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years / Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! / Salihu Tanko, Emir Of Kagara Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.